Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

I’m in the COUVE this weekend

2»

Comments

• Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,415
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Wait...have you ever been to The Spot?

haie said:

No but looking at Google, it looks like a prime candidate for the next 'So I'm at a bar' thread.
    Even growing up in Woolley, The Spot is the oddest bar I have ever been to in my life. Also I've lived in LA and yet The Spot was the most diverse business I've ever been in my entire life. Shitty sports bar that turns into a nightlife place late. I was there two nights and the collection of people was literally like a lost and found.

Karaoke alone was a melting pot of:

-Learning disabled mom and daughter mumbling Stevie Nicks
    -Black guy in Camping World polo doing Red Hot Chili Peppers songs
    -Giant belt buckle dead serious cowboy guy slaying Morgan Wallen
    -600 pound poly dude annihilating Marvin Gaye
    -Methed out older couple doing the male and female parts of that Evanesance Wake Me Up Inside song, horribly

Went a Friday and Saturday and the place was serious equal parts: bros, straight up country people, black people, punks, goths, Russians, don't speak English Mexicans, ganster Mexicans, bikers, hipsters, and said learning disabled mom and daughter team who were preying on the drunk guys at the end of the night.

Some guy stopped me as I was driving away and gave me a bag of fake coke because I seemed really cool.

I seriously think someone could do a documentary on the place if that's how it always is.
    If we're gonna start bashing learning-disabled moms and daughters mumbling Stevie Nicks, I'm out!
    @MickFleetwoodsQuad TRUE?!?

• Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,951
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

haie said:

No but looking at Google, it looks like a prime candidate for the next 'So I'm at a bar' thread.
    Even growing up in Woolley, The Spot is the oddest bar I have ever been to in my life. Also I've lived in LA and yet The Spot was the most diverse business I've ever been in my entire life. Shitty sports bar that turns into a nightlife place late. I was there two nights and the collection of people was literally like a lost and found.

Karaoke alone was a melting pot of:

-Learning disabled mom and daughter mumbling Stevie Nicks
    -Black guy in Camping World polo doing Red Hot Chili Peppers songs
    -Giant belt buckle dead serious cowboy guy slaying Morgan Wallen
    -600 pound poly dude annihilating Marvin Gaye
    -Methed out older couple doing the male and female parts of that Evanesance Wake Me Up Inside song, horribly

Went a Friday and Saturday and the place was serious equal parts: bros, straight up country people, black people, punks, goths, Russians, don't speak English Mexicans, ganster Mexicans, bikers, hipsters, and said learning disabled mom and daughter team who were preying on the drunk guys at the end of the night.

Some guy stopped me as I was driving away and gave me a bag of fake coke because I seemed really cool.

I seriously think someone could do a documentary on the place if that's how it always is.
    I remember my spot tavern phase.

• Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,415
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,734
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TheHB said:

T's and P's

Can't vouch for safety at the place. Definitely feels like places in Woolley where there's a decent chance someone might try to fight you for no reason.

In more positive news, I got the best donuts of my life at some random place in the Couve.
  • Options
    UWerentThereManUWerentThereMan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,475
    Founders Club
    Climbed a mountain something something and climbed back down
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,724
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2023
    TheHB said:

T's and P's

Go to the Spot and get shanked while having a Rainier. 10 minute drive to hospital. Kids love it.
  • Options
    BeanerBryantBeanerBryant Member Posts: 18
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    I recently spent three years in the Couve and my fellow former Seattelite friend used to joke (?) that if we ever tried to move back to Seattle we'd get pulled over at the city limits and told to head back south. "The stench of the Couve is upon us," as my friend used to say.
    On the other hand, if you want an Asian massage, this is your place. Portland # 1 per capita in strip clubs, Couve gotta be #1 in Asian massage.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I recently spent three years in the Couve and my fellow former Seattelite friend used to joke (?) that if we ever tried to move back to Seattle we'd get pulled over at the city limits and told to head back south. "The stench of the Couve is upon us," as my friend used to say.
    On the other hand, if you want an Asian massage, this is your place. Portland # 1 per capita in strip clubs, Couve gotta be #1 in Asian massage.

That'd be a sick burn if Seattle wasn't the shittiest, no fucking fun hellhole in 2021.

Cal OT game is over and all the street bubbles are taken up.

Only got into a restaurant by my hotel when forgetting my vax card because I told the manager/owner 'see this faggy wristband? You don't get into the stadium unless you're vaxxed" and he shrugged and let me in.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,197
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    JFC.. Dada from West Linn now has to weigh in.

Downtown Vancouver is infinitely better than anything Portland or Seattle has to offer

Heathen Brewing is the fucking cats pajamas. Not sure how they jumped the shark with that whole drag show thing. But however. I used to go to the guys house and pick up kegs and how he created brewery is fucking awesome. So he can do what he wants.

Vancouver fags have no standards. Went to a sports bar with Longduckdong…. Had no idea it was a gay bar. LDD gets hit on in first 5 mins….. completely offensive. He’s my brother, but he didn’t know that we weren’t together.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HuskyJW said:

JFC.. Dada from West Linn now has to weigh in.

Downtown Vancouver is infinitely better than anything Portland or Seattle has to offer

Heathen Brewing is the fucking cats pajamas. Not sure how they jumped the shark with that whole drag show thing. But however. I used to go to the guys house and pick up kegs and how he created brewery is fucking awesome. So he can do what he wants.

Vancouver fags have no standards. Went to a sports bar with Longduckdong…. Had no idea it was a gay bar. LDD gets hit on in first 5 mins….. completely offensive. He’s my brother, but he didn’t know that we weren’t together.

Heathen is the go to place when the weather is nice. Promiscuous Blonde is delicious.