Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Disney bloodbath?

46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
edited March 2023 in Tug Tavern
Marvel Studio VP since Iron Man days "departs" Disney. Sounds like one of those, we will give you the option to seek new opportunities. No secret that Marvel has gone woke with the promise of more LGBTQ characters and a commitment to D & I. But when you're responsible for the disaster that was The Ant-Man and the Wasp Quantumania and the last Thor was gawd awful, maybe you deserve to go. Interesting change nonetheless.

Comments

• Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 14,022
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    She got hired because she is a 3-fer. Hispanic, gay and a woman. And woke as hell. You really have to phuck up to get fired when you check so many boxes and the white systemic institutional racist corporation is desperate for checked boxes and not performance.

https://ace.mu.nu/archives/403650.php#403650

Victoria Alonso -- Marvel's 2nd In Command, and Woke Lesbian Hispanic Who Demanded Bob Chapek Oppose Ron DeSantis' Parental Rights in Education Bill -- Out at Marvel After String of Flops Leaves the Division in Disarray
    I mention her race and sexuality because it was believed these were armor that made her unfireable, no matter how poor her performance.

But when you start losing hundreds of millions of dollars -- or underpeforming by a couple of billion -- suddenly that armor starts looking thinner than it did before.

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania was Marvel's latest flop. Based on its opening of $120 million and using the 2.5x box office formula to predict its final global take, I said it would struggle to hit $500 million globally, even though I didn't really believe that.

But that's what's happened.

And note that, despite being a flop -- Ant-Man 3 still outgrossed Black Widow, Shang-Chi, and The Eternals.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,727
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Not sure Marvel ever topped Iron Man 1. Watched it a couple weeks ago again. It's funny as hell. First Thor was good too.

By the last Avenger movie they had 85 super heroes

Haven't bothered with the recent ones
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,727
    Swaye's Wigwam

I liked Deadpool.

Didn't realize that was one because he wasn't Avenger material

Loved that movie
  • Options
    It should be noted she’s a Husky. Don’t twist.
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,168
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Not sure Marvel ever topped Iron Man 1. Watched it a couple weeks ago again. It's funny as hell. First Thor was good too.

Iron Man was good. Haven’t watched one since. Don’t plan on it. Can’t keep up. Won’t keep up.
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,300
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    46XiJCAB said:

Maryanne from Gilligan's Island offsets her fuctardedness

• Options
    RoadTrip said:

46XiJCAB said:

Maryanne from Gilligan's Island offsets her fuctardedness

Everyone knows Maryanne was way hotter than Ginger.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,606
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Everyone here is sleeping on she hulk imo
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,755
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited March 2023

Iron Man was good. Haven’t watched one since. Don’t plan on it. Can’t keep up. Won’t keep up.
    Never read comics as a kid, nor the movies as an adult. Too busy riding motorcycles, building tree forts and playing sports. Always found the comic book types to be dull, pasty and fat.

I hereby acknowledge my unconscious biases. Deal with them.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,032

Never read comics as a kid, nor the movies as an adult. Too busy riding motorcycles, building tree forts and playing sports. Always found the comic book types to be dull, pasty and fat.

Never read them. I do read newspaper comics that I like while drinking coffee though.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,949
    edited March 2023
    Sledog said:

Never read them. I do read newspaper comics that I like while drinking coffee though.

JFC, what is wrong with you people?!?!

All the epic pieces are in comic books. Short cut the shit out of Literature once I got to high school with these bad boys.

• Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Sledog said:

JFC, what is wrong with you people?!?!

All the epic pieces are in comic books. Short cut the shit out of Literature once I got to high school with these bad boys.

I always preferred the Mad Magazine version of movies and literature.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,032
    Never knew those existed! I simply ignored the comics section at the store.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,898
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Everyone here is sleeping on she hulk imo

never bothered with it, but it looked really dumb