Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

#13 Washington vs Washington State Football Game Highlights 11 26 2022

Comments

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,857
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,125
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    This was the greatest defense in the history of the PAC 12 I was told
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,992
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited March 2023
    It never gets old. Ending the regular season with a win over a less talented cuog team.

Probably getting a bit ahead of myself but I hope they can keep the apple cup as a non-conference rivalry game when WSU ends up in the Mountain West. And yes, I understand it will likely not come at the end of the season anymore.

Its kinda funny though. The things that the cuogs take pride in like their small time atmosphere and inability to hire top notch coaches and recruit competitive talent are exactly what is going to do them in.
    Its been fun.

They should really start thinking about a neutral site game like Lumen field, though. Not sure anyone could continue to justify a trip to a remote OOC place like pullman every other year. Of course, we could probably afford to pay them better than we do the non fbs teams (a million $ per year, every year) to get them to come into the city.

I hope they can work something out when the time comes. Cuog tears are just too sweet seven out of ten years. And it should only get worse as the financial disparity grows.

Thanks for poasting, Stalin. I am going to miss cuog. At least the current version.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,483
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Should have put 65 points up on WSU in that game.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,314
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It definitely wasn't the thrashing of Cuog my brain had somehow tricked me into thinking.

- One score game with a little over five minutes to play.
    - Piss-poor tackling by EVERYONE on defense. (Pass rushers for UW were particularly bad for much of the game.)
    - Thank God for UW's offense.
    - WSU defense was even worse than UW's.
    - Are we (?) done with left-footed kickers?
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,992
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    TheHB said:

It definitely wasn't the thrashing of Cuog my brain had somehow tricked me into thinking.

- One score game with a little over five minutes to play.
    - Piss-poor tackling by EVERYONE on defense. (Pass rushers for UW were particularly bad for much of the game.)
    - Thank God for UW's offense.
    - WSU defense was even worse than UW's.
    - Are we (?) done with left-footed kickers?

Yeah. I've watched the highlights a couple of times and it was closer than remembered. But, cuog did take advantage of a fake punt and a couple of unusual turnovers. UW was clearly the more talented team but sloppiness, laziness
    and luck kind of evened it out a bit.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,459
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Taulapapa for all of his flaws, taunting them at the end.

ZTF planting the flag motion is 100% how you respond to 2021. Icing on the cake was they knew we would win and had security surrounding their logo, after which Odunze basically said, "Yeah...good for you. We'll go throw this apple cup trophy in the toolshed outside Dempsey or something."
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,314
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I guess it was taunting. It looked more like he was thinking about running out some clock but then figured he better get his ass in the endzone.