Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

'91 Dawgs destroy Arizona 54-0

Comments

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,740
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    chuck said:

How in the hell did we lose to them the following year?

They were really good the next year iirc. Didn't they mop someone, Miami I think, in a NY6 bowl?
    Not the next year. They went 6-5-1 in 92. You’re thinking of 1993 when they went 10-2 and beat Miami soundly in the Fiesta.
  • Options

Miami only won 36 to 9 against Arizona in 91

Miami played them on the road. I’ve been told several times that it really matters when comparing common opponent results.

#classystandingovations
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,783
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Arizona's '92 defense was insane. They held Miami to 8 points in the Orange Bowl and could have beaten them if the kicker had made a kick IIRC. The offense sucked though.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,846
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Drop-off on defensive talent and it was also the first game after the Billy Joe scandal.

...and playing in the desert seems to not work out too well for the Huskies.
    That game was torture to watch. Was pissed about the Times going after Billy Joe that Thursday. Was pissed he was suspended on the spot. People forget that the loan was not a violation. It just opened the door but Billy would have been eligible

Then Brunell who I was still mad at for UCLA 90 and the offense played like retards. Slow motion death

Kind of knew it was over. Babs and Gerbs would win
    Worst season collapse in the history of the program. HS aged Yella went down to his room and was hurling out f-bombs.

Drew Bledsoe is a member of my cuntry club (he was an assistant corch recently at our future HS too). I should kick that guy in the nuts if I ever see him on the driving range. Snow bowl payback. But he'd probably kick my ass with relative ease.
    Should have run the damn ball with Darius Turner in the Apple Cup and it would have been a different game.

Nip-Nap couldn't turn the corner in the snow.

Shouldn't have lost that game.

ATBS, I can't hate on Bledsoe. Would have been a Husky if Brunell and Hobert weren't at Mountlake.
    From what I’ve heard from the locals, sounds like he’s a classy guy.
  • Options

Drop-off on defensive talent and it was also the first game after the Billy Joe scandal.

That game was torture to watch. Was pissed about the Times going after Billy Joe that Thursday. Was pissed he was suspended on the spot. People forget that the loan was not a violation. It just opened the door but Billy would have been eligible

Then Brunell who I was still mad at for UCLA 90 and the offense played like retards. Slow motion death

Worst season collapse in the history of the program. HS aged Yella went down to his room and was hurling out f-bombs.

Drew Bledsoe is a member of my cuntry club (he was an assistant corch recently at our future HS too). I should kick that guy in the nuts if I ever see him on the driving range. Snow bowl payback. But he'd probably kick my ass with relative ease.
    Should have run the damn ball with Darius Turner in the Apple Cup and it would have been a different game.

ATBS, I can't hate on Bledsoe. Would have been a Husky if Brunell and Hobert weren't at Mountlake.
    I had not heard that. What I have always read is that Bledsoe is one of those guys who always knew where he wanted to go, and went there.

The dude was a national recruit before the internet and back when recruiting was much more regional. Back then, Miami didn't come out west very often and was never on anyone in Washington, but they chased Bledsoe. Everybody knew he was a super elite talent. As much as I love Camaro, I think Bledsoe beasts those two out even though both were better runners. He was just such an elite passer, but you never know.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,899
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

I had not heard that. What I have always read is that Bledsoe is one of those guys who always knew where he wanted to go, and went there.

The dude was a national recruit before the internet and back when recruiting was much more regional. Back then, Miami didn't come out west very often and was never on anyone in Washington, but they chased Bledsoe. Everybody knew he was a super elite talent. As much as I love Camaro, I think Bledsoe beasts those two out even though both were better runners. He was just such an elite passer, but you never know.
    I'm not 100% sure it was true but I remember at the time somebody saying Bledsoe would have been a Husky except...
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

All Billy did was win

Sure Bledsoe was "better" but he doesn't have a ring

Drew has a ring.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,131
    Swaye's Wigwam
    NOGAF about the NFL

So does Damon Huard
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

NOGAF about the NFL

So does Damon Huard

Preaching to the choir, Race.

But he did play a critical role in their getting to that Super Bowl. And NFL is king to the average American sportsball fan.
  • Options
    SluggoRouteDawgSluggoRouteDawg Member Posts: 145
    HELLLLLOOOOOO DAWG FANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited March 2023

I'm not 100% sure it was true but I remember at the time somebody saying Bledsoe would have been a Husky except...
    All great players from other teams wanted to be Huskies. It's one of the lesser known Iron Laws.

@Auburndawg
  • Options

All great players from other teams wanted to be Huskies. It's one of the lesser known Iron Laws.

@Auburndawg
    Warren Sapp wanted to be a Husky...
    Like I said.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,471
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

@Auburndawg
    As did the Blades Brothers.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,300
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

It's a fact. Drew's dad was a Husky. The family bled purple.
  • Options
    Doogles said:

@Auburndawg
    Ray Lewis was all purple and gold, but Lambo took Ink Alleaga and said we're full.
    I heard Edgerin James wanted to be a Husky but his dad didn't like Rick N. Too white.