Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Coleman Shelton - remember him? 2 yrs 4.75 Million ...

animateanimate Member Posts: 4,230
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
edited March 2023 in Hardcore Husky Board
Proof that you don't have to be great at one particular position as long as you are reliable and decent or positionally versatile and injury-resistant.

Sets him up for 2 more years. Dude has already made 5 million in the NFL.

What's the point of entry for gaining an NFL pension?

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/los-angeles-rams/coleman-shelton-25548/#

https://ramblinfan.com/posts/la-rams-coleman-shelton-doubles-down-on-himself-in-new-contract-01gvr4p867s2

When the LA Rams agreed to sign IOL Coleman Shelton to a two-year contract in 2022, there was not a lot of press attention given to the fact that the second year of the contract, the 2023 NFL season, was a voidable option year for the young man who finally had endured and appeared in line to get a starting role on the offensive line. But the Rams minimized the risk taken by re-signing Shelton, bringing him back on a two-year deal for $3.25 million.

But Shelton bet on himself, a very wise choice in hindsight. Of the three Rams offensive linemen signed in 2022: Joe Noteboom, Brian Allen, and Coleman Shelton, Shelton was clearly the best investment. So when 2023 arrived, and Shelton had outplayed his contract, he opted out of his second year. And so, the LA Rams wisely went back to the bargaining table, and in the process, Shelton more than doubled his salary:

But let's not go overboard, this is still an incredibly team friendly contract, and it bodes very well for a cap-strapped Rams payroll. In short, Shelton is back on what amounts to a $2.375 million APY contract, a huge bargain for a backup, let alone a starter. Best of all, Shelton can slide into and start in three positions on the Rams offensive line.

So, if he continues his reliability and progress he could get a much bigger, relatively, payday the next FA contract.

and Taylor Rapp is potentially signing a FA contract with New England ... perhaps up to ~ 10 Million/yr as reported. But I would probably guess ~ 7.5 - 8.5 million maybe.

Comments

• dtddtd Member Posts: 3,997
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    animate said:

Proof that you don't have to be great at one particular position as long as you are reliable and decent or positionally versatile and injury-resistant.

It's how I survive.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,397
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    animate said:

https://ramblinfan.com/posts/la-rams-coleman-shelton-doubles-down-on-himself-in-new-contract-01gvr4p867s2

When the LA Rams agreed to sign IOL Coleman Shelton to a two-year contract in 2022, there was not a lot of press attention given to the fact that the second year of the contract, the 2023 NFL season, was a voidable option year for the young man who finally had endured and appeared in line to get a starting role on the offensive line. But the Rams minimized the risk taken by re-signing Shelton, bringing him back on a two-year deal for $3.25 million.

But Shelton bet on himself, a very wise choice in hindsight. Of the three Rams offensive linemen signed in 2022: Joe Noteboom, Brian Allen, and Coleman Shelton, Shelton was clearly the best investment. So when 2023 arrived, and Shelton had outplayed his contract, he opted out of his second year. And so, the LA Rams wisely went back to the bargaining table, and in the process, Shelton more than doubled his salary:

But let's not go overboard, this is still an incredibly team friendly contract, and it bodes very well for a cap-strapped Rams payroll. In short, Shelton is back on what amounts to a $2.375 million APY contract, a huge bargain for a backup, let alone a starter. Best of all, Shelton can slide into and start in three positions on the Rams offensive line.

So, if he continues his reliability and progress he could get a much bigger, relatively, payday the next FA contract.

and Taylor Rapp is potentially signing a FA contract with New England ... perhaps up to ~ 10 Million/yr as reported. But I would probably guess ~ 7.5 - 8.5 million maybe.

Rapp isn't even good.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,717
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dtd said:

animate said:

It's how I survive.
    Show up on time everyday and you're in the top 10%
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

animate said:

Rapp isn't even good.
    solid starter, not dudha
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,230

animate said:

Rapp isn't even good.
    Sometimes he's good(er) ... once in awhile he's better than good and has a really good game ... most of the time he's basically an NFL starter with certain plus traits.

Without doing a deep dive, I think his plus traits like very secure tackling depends on the system. Lots of tackles can mean that you're just late to the party and have to make a tackle instead of a pass breakup. If you play in a mediocre defensive system and more often than not you have to make game saving tackles then that's kinda good. If you play more like a box safety then tackles is good. So it depends.

But whatever the reasons, it seems Rapp is currently rated to be a ~ 10 million a year safety and with negatives measured in I can see a team desperate in need of tackles and a safety play to pay him around ~ 8 million perhaps. We'll see.
    Standard Supporter

dtd said:

animate said:

It's how I survive.
    It's not even a joke. CEO knows he can hit me up any time. Suddenly I have access to shit I shouldn't. Other people with the same access leave the company. Now when someone needs xyz, I have the keys. I didn't do shit. I don't deserve it, I was just there. But now I'm integral.
    Standard Supporter
    edited March 2023

Do people not remember Coleman Shelton?

He started 47 games for us, including every game for the Peach and Fiesta Bowl seasons.

What happened to Danny? UW beat Oregon out for Danny Shelton and Virta and they both instantly gained 70lbs without losing a step. Brutal.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,461
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2023

Do people not remember Coleman Shelton?

He started 47 games for us, including every game for the Peach and Fiesta Bowl seasons.

The 2016 OL was stacked and beautiful to watch.

Prime Adams, McGary, Shelton, Dissly, Sample, Harris just mauling the fuck out of people with Gaskin trailing.

All getting paid in the NFL minus the best of the group due to injury.

Edit to say I forgot about Eldrenkamp, who gotta a couple years of coffee on practice squads. Great OL.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,718
    Founders Club
    dtd said:

dtd said:

animate said:

It's how I survive.
    It's not even a joke. CEO knows he can hit me up any time. Suddenly I have access to shit I shouldn't. Other people with the same access leave the company. Now when someone needs xyz, I have the keys. I didn't do shit. I don't deserve it, I was just there. But now I'm integral.
    This has probably never been more true in American history than it is in 2023
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,397
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    animate said:

Taylor Rapp signed a one-year deal worth less than $2 million. He's on the verge of being out of the league.
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,230

animate said:

Taylor Rapp signed a one-year deal worth less than $2 million. He's on the verge of being out of the league.
    yeah, this is a weird one. Reports that he's not trending out of the league but that he had something decent to offer going into FA. Spotrac reported those projected money numbers and I rounded down just to be safe. But 1 year for less than 2mil? Sounds weird ... same with Gaines. He opted for a 1 year iirc with TB for less money as well and he was relatively regarded coming out of LA as well.

Taking a 1 year contract is definitely imo a betting on yourself kind of deal in response to lack of real interest. If he has a bad season it's not gonna look good for the future.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,708
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    animate said:

animate said:

yeah, this is a weird one. Reports that he's not trending out of the league but that he had something decent to offer going into FA. Spotrac reported those projected money numbers and I rounded down just to be safe. But 1 year for less than 2mil? Sounds weird ... same with Gaines. He opted for a 1 year iirc with TB for less money as well and he was relatively regarded coming out of LA as well.

Taking a 1 year contract is definitely imo a betting on yourself kind of deal in response to lack of real interest. If he has a bad season it's not gonna look good for the future.
    Gaines played hurt most last year.