Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Jarred Kelenic hitting .449 with 4 HRs and 9 RBIs in spring so far

Comments

• BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Thanks Stalin!

Colonic will suck during the regular season.
  • Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,765
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Is he hitting breaking balls yet?
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,699
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    We talking practice
  • Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,235
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Fishpo31 said:

Maximum LIPO. Yes, it is “practice”, but if he was hitting .049, everyone would be “See, told ya!”. He has made obvious adjustments, and is hot right now. Hitting is fluid as fuck. 12 weeks of .400, and 12 weeks of .200 gets you .300 (my maffs not strong, but it sounds right)

That is the game. Riding the highs, and trusting your shit enough to not tweak or rebuild a swing after a few 0’fers…I will be happy with .250, 20 jacks and 2

20 bags
  • Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,235
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Bob_C said:

Is he hitting breaking balls yet?

I recall him driving a curve to LC, which is a really good sign, a sign that shows an adjustment…you have to “let it travel” (baseball buzzword potd) to do that. Patience is not in abundance for young’ ‘uns…

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,711
    Founders Club
    Let's see if we in the HH fantasy league can get @chuck to bid $35 for him in the upcoming auction draft
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,586
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Let's see if we in the HH fantasy league can get @chuck to bid $35 for him in the upcoming auction draft

I'm a newb and am guaranteed to suck at fantasy baseball, but no.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,391
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

When I was 19 or 20 I organized a fantasy baseball league. I recruited a good friend of mine to play. He didn't know shit about baseball so I gave him a book to read called How to Win at Rotisserie Baseball. He read a section where it talked about the key to winning is getting a great hitting catcher because there are so few of them.

We were doing a draft back then instead of an auction. I had the #1 pick and took Rickey Henderson. Somebody else had the #2 pick and took Jose Canseco. My friend had the #3 pick and took... Mickey Tettleton. Everybody about fell out of their chairs. Based on my memory, Tettleton had hit .220 with 15 homers the year before. Guys started asking my buddy what the hell he was doing. He blamed it on the book I gave him.

He went on to finish dead last

Not to one up or distract from fantasy baseball, but I once participated in a fantasy football league where the company troll (he was a fat little stumpy guy who looked and waddled like a troll) used the first overall pick to take Barry Sanders. Only problem was that Sanders had retired the year prior.
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,586
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

When I was 19 or 20 I organized a fantasy baseball league. I recruited a good friend of mine to play. He didn't know shit about baseball so I gave him a book to read called How to Win at Rotisserie Baseball. He read a section where it talked about the key to winning is getting a great hitting catcher because there are so few of them.

We were doing a draft back then instead of an auction. I had the #1 pick and took Rickey Henderson. Somebody else had the #2 pick and took Jose Canseco. My friend had the #3 pick and took... Mickey Tettleton. Everybody about fell out of their chairs. Based on my memory, Tettleton had hit .220 with 15 homers the year before. Guys started asking my buddy what the hell he was doing. He blamed it on the book I gave him.

Not to one up or distract from fantasy baseball, but I once participated in a fantasy football league where the company troll (he was a fat little stumpy guy who looked and waddled like a troll) used the first overall pick to take Barry Sanders. Only problem was that Sanders had retired the year prior.
    That was gonna be my strategy. I figure that if I draft a bunch of players who don't play I'll just get average production from everyone. Maybe that's good enough not to finish last. That's my goal.
    Founders Club
    chuck said:

That was gonna be my strategy. I figure that if I draft a bunch of players who don't play I'll just get average production from everyone. Maybe that's good enough not to finish last. That's my goal.
    I hereby predict you will win the league championship. Take all the screenshots you need.
    Founders Club

The ol memory misfires from time to time. I looked it up, in 1989 Tettleton hit .261 with 26 homers. The story still stands though.
  • TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,550
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

The ol memory misfires from time to time. I looked it up, in 1989 Tettleton hit .261 with 26 homers. The story still stands though.
    Do you mean Hall of Fame Catcher Mickey Tettleton? His Lifetime War of 29.5 ranks 55th alltime among HOF players...

• TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    My semi trained eye says that what I’m seeing and hearing from Kelenic is real and not a fluke
    Founders Club

Do you mean Hall of Fame Catcher Mickey Tettleton? His Lifetime War of 29.5 ranks 55th alltime among HOF players...

Worthy of being the #3 pick in the draft?
    Founders Club
    edited March 2023
    No its a joke Stalin, Tettleton isn’t a hall of farmer, he is a complete bum that is in the same category as Bob Uecker as a Catcher… I photoshop edited the graphic in the great spirit of Malarkey.

As you said, the pick by your pal is a legendarily bad pick that defies any logic and demonstrates no understanding of fantasy baseball ~ great story.
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

My semi trained eye says that what I’m seeing and hearing from Kelenic is real and not a fluke

Maybe, and the trend is obviously a good one, but meanwhile the broad mix of innings filler to major league pitchers and guys that are simply trying to get their pitch count up at this point in spring training means that batters have been able to sit on a pitch [fastball], so we will see about Kelenic.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,391
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

This same guy was once sent home from work because he had blood on his t-shirt from bleeding hemorrhoids that he apparently was itching at or something. It was of the top-5 most disgusting things I'd ever witnessed. Keep in mind that this was at a place that manufactured sensitive medical devices.

He grunted when he pissed at the urinal while hunching over it to support himself against the wall. Smoked like a chimney and smelled like a tobacco plant that was on fire.

One time he was all pissed off at another guy who was razzing him about something that wasn't a big deal and he threatened to go home, get his gun, and come back and shoot the place up. He got a timeout for the day for that one because nobody actually took him that seriously.

Shockingly, he was married to a female of his species. After meeting her at a company event it was easy to see why they were with each other.
    Founders Club

No its a joke Stalin, Tettleton isn’t a hall of farmer, he is a complete bum that is in the same category as Bob Uecker as a Catcher… I photoshop edited the graphic in the great spirit of Malarkey.

As you said, the pick by your pal is a legendarily bad pick that defies any logic and demonstrates no understanding of fantasy baseball ~ great story.

Oops my bad