Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Top 10 Outfield throws in MLB History

Comments

• Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,235
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited March 2023
    They got it right. R. Clemente, followed
    by everyone else. The last 25 years or so, throwing has rapidly declined for MLB of’ers. Today, they would all be made into pitchers.

At the 2001 ASG, the greatest thing I saw (out of many candidates) was when Vladdy came into the game (after almost killing Lasorda, mob style with a bat), warming up in RF (below our seats), and instead of throwing to the CF for his last throw, uncorked, with no crow hop, a laser to the bullpen catcher in front of the pen gate in left center…hit him in the chest, nice and easy, from 300+feet…csb
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,702
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Fishpo31 said:

by everyone else. The last 25 years or so, throwing has rapidly declined for MLB of’ers. Today, they would all be made into pitchers.

At the 2001 ASG, the greatest thing I saw (out of many candidates) was when Vladdy came into the game (after almost killing Lasorda, mob style with a bat), warming up in RF (below our seats), and instead of throwing to the CF for his last throw, uncorked, with no crow hop, a laser to the bullpen catcher in front of the pen gate in left center…hit him in the chest, nice and easy, from 300+feet…csb

When he played for Montreal I saw him live several times at Le Stade Olympique. He uncorked amazing throws even during warm-ups

They had a good lineup those days. Rondell White, Vlad, Moises Alou, David Segui and then Pedro Martinez and Jeff Fassero as pitchers.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,379
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I somehow stumbled across this video earlier today and watched it.

Waiting for your next baseball video to be the bat bros comparing late-90's aluminum bats to the bats used today. It's a deep, dark hole, Derek.
  • Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,761
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Fishpo31 said:

When he played for Montreal I saw him live several times at Le Stade Olympique. He uncorked amazing throws even during warm-ups

They had a good lineup those days. Rondell White, Vlad, Moises Alou, David Segui and then Pedro Martinez and Jeff Fassero as pitchers.
    The 1994 Expos were stacked and probably would have won it all without the strike. No Vlad yet, but had Larry Walker instead.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,683
    Swaye's Wigwam
    1994 Junior hits 60 home runs
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,702
    Founders Club
    Bob_C said:

Fishpo31 said:

The 1994 Expos were stacked and probably would have won it all without the strike. No Vlad yet, but had Larry Walker instead.
    When the strike occurred around the time I was on a plane from Montreal to Seattle. During the flight I was thinking how it could have ended up being a Montreal vs Seattle World Series.