Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Waddles with Nacho

Comments

• BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Huntsville has been a rocket scientist town since the 60's

Even I knew this. C’mon Fatters get yer shit together.

YouKnowIt said:

We’re currently on a road trip in the Florida panhandle.

Stayed a night in Huntsville, AL….cool fucking city. Had dinner with an Army buddy at an old middle school converted into a couple restaurants, a bar and a brewery. Cool concept. We’ll be staying there again on our way home and finding some more breweries.

Got in kinda late to Florida so haven’t seen much yet.

McMenanmins want their schtick back....
    Huh?
    Wikipedia

McMenamins

McMenamins is a family-owned chain of brewpubs, breweries, music venues, historic hotels, and theater pubs in Oregon and Washington. Many of their locations are in rehabilitated historical properties; at least nine are on the National Register of Historic Places. According to the Brewers Association, McMenamins is one of the top 50 largest craft breweries in the United States.[2]

Type
    Private
    Industry
    Hospitality, Microbrewery
    Founded
    Headquarters
    Portland, Oregon, USA
    Number of locations
    62 https://www.mcmenamins.com/find-us
    Area served
    Western Oregon, Central Oregon, and Washington
    Products
    Beers, Wines, Cider, Distilled spirits, Coffee
    Revenue
    $180 million (estimated as of 2017)
    Owner
    Mike, Robert and Brian McMenamin (founders and majority owners[1])
    Number of employees
    3,528 (as of 2018)
    Website
    www.mcmenamins.com

McMenamins was founded by brothers Mike and Brian McMenamin, who grew up in northeast Portland, Oregon.[1] They trace the beginning of McMenamins to the 1974 opening of Produce Row Café.[1]

In 1985, McMenamins opened Oregon's first brewpub in the Southwest Portland neighborhood of Hillsdale. [3] Their first theater pub, and the first in Oregon, was the Mission Theater & Pub (1987).[4][citation needed] The company then entered the broader hospitality business starting in 1990, when they converted a 74-acre site (that at one time served as the Multnomah County Poor Farm) into McMenamins Edgefield.[citation needed] By 1997, food accounted for over half of McMenamins' total sales.[5] The company opened its 55th location in April 2018.[6]
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,702
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Huntsville has been a rocket scientist town since the 60's

Now you tell me.
  • YouKnowItYouKnowIt Member Posts: 539

YouKnowIt said:

Stayed a night in Huntsville, AL….cool fucking city. Had dinner with an Army buddy at an old middle school converted into a couple restaurants, a bar and a brewery. Cool concept. We’ll be staying there again on our way home and finding some more breweries.

Huh?
    McMenamins is a family-owned chain of brewpubs, breweries, music venues, historic hotels, schools, and theater pubs in Oregon and Washington. Many of their locations are in rehabilitated historical properties; at least nine are on the National Register of Historic Places. According to the Brewers Association, McMenamins is one of the top 50 largest craft breweries in the United States.[2]

History
    McMenamins was founded by brothers Mike and Brian McMenamin, who grew up in northeast Portland, Oregon.[1] They trace the beginning of McMenamins to the 1974 opening of Produce Row Café.[1]

In 1985, McMenamins opened Oregon's first brewpub in the Southwest Portland neighborhood of Hillsdale. [3] Their first theater pub, and the first in Oregon, was the Mission Theater & Pub (1987).[4][citation needed] The company then entered the broader hospitality business starting in 1990, when they converted a 74-acre site (that at one time served as the Multnomah County Poor Farm) into McMenamins Edgefield.[citation needed] By 1997, food accounted for over half of McMenamins' total sales.[5] The company opened its 55th location in April 2018.[6]
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,702
    Founders Club
    YouKnowIt said:

YouKnowIt said:

Huh?
    McMenamins is a family-owned chain of brewpubs, breweries, music venues, historic hotels, schools, and theater pubs in Oregon and Washington. Many of their locations are in rehabilitated historical properties; at least nine are on the National Register of Historic Places. According to the Brewers Association, McMenamins is one of the top 50 largest craft breweries in the United States.[2]

History

TLDR
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,510
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I spent a year in Huntsville back in the day - c/w a bunch of Italians for ESA and payloads. On the Space Shuttle. Good grub and golfing there.
    Founders Club
    LebamDawg said:

I spent a year in Huntsville back in the day - c/w a bunch of Italians for ESA and payloads. On the Space Shuttle. Good grub and golfing there.

It’s growing fast. I knew it was growing and getting big when I saw a Top Golf on my drive into town.
    Founders Club
    Monday night we made down to Santa Rosa beach in Florida….cool fucking city!

Tuesday we took the nacho dawgs for a walk on the beach to get some perspective before getting stopped by the code enforcement cop telling us non residents are not allowed to bring dogs on the beach.

Walking back to the parking lot, I saw this on a truck with Florida plates. Cougs get around.

Also saw a place on the side of the highway in Alabama called the Fiero Factory which was a collection of old Pontiac Fieros and I though to myself why the fuck who anyone want those but to each his own I guess.

Ended the trip by letting Mrs Nacho practice driving with the Airstream attached in the Home Depot parking lot and then to our storage unit. The stress might’ve taken a couple years off my life.
    Founders Club
    Since I posted here in December, Mrs Nacho told me she doesn’t like the RV life and it was stressing her out to have a $125,000 RV to take care of, maintain, pay for etc. I thought about and realized I like RV camping but I don’t love it and we sold that bitch on Monday.

Woke up Tuesday morning and sold my truck later that day. Great fucking truck but if I’m not towing an Airstream I sure as fuck don’t need a Ford F250 diesel to get around.

I know many of you are probably upset and thinking that waddles with Nacho is one you top 2 all tim RV threads on HH but don’t worry, I’ll simply transition this thread to a general travel thread that I’ll mostly likely forget about by next week.

I’ll leave you with a couple Airstream photos.

Waddles with Nacho was definitely in my top 2 trailer travel threads. RIP.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,792
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2023
    You fast strategy, impulse buy ‘sum bitches.
  • YouKnowItYouKnowIt Member Posts: 539
    I really don't understand why someone would by an airstream for RV'n ...for the same price you can get a big ass fifth wheel with 4 slide outs and more room than those stupid ass tiny homes.
    Founders Club
    YouKnowIt said:

I really don't understand why someone would by an airstream for RV'n ...for the same price you can get a big ass fifth wheel with 4 slide outs and more room than those stupid ass tiny homes.

Do you want quality or quantity? Mrs Nacho wanted quality.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,680
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

YouKnowIt said:

Do you want quality or quantity? Mrs Nacho wanted quality.
    She's got you pretty whipped

I speak from experience
    Swaye's Wigwam
    YouKnowIt said:

Do you know how many hotel room nights you can get for the price of a big ass 5th wheel or an Airstream, is something @MrsSnow would say?

YouKnowIt said:

Do you know how many hotel room nights you can get for the price of a big ass 5th wheel or an Airstream, is something @MrsSnow would say?
    @BerniceBeaver concurs
    Swaye's Wigwam

YouKnowIt said:

@BerniceBeaver concurs
    The bathroom situation in an RV just doesn't cut it for @MrsSnow. Also we don't road trips of more than 3 hrs. We're keeping @Logistics and the shitty ass airlines in bidness.
    Founders Club

YouKnowIt said:

Hotel rooms are gross.
    Swaye's Wigwam

YouKnowIt said:

Hotel rooms are gross.
    Yes and no.