Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Roger Clemens's Reaction To New MLB Pitch Clock

Comments

• chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,586
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Good interview. He didn't really stay in topic very well but I can relate.

I do agree with him. Offense is going to come charging back with a vengeance. More steals, more base hits, more pitcher mistakes, and more rallies. I still think the restrictions on holding runners is going to have the most impact and not just on the bases.
  • Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,235
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    chuck said:

I do agree with him. Offense is going to come charging back with a vengeance. More steals, more base hits, more pitcher mistakes, and more rallies. I still think the restrictions on holding runners is going to have the most impact and not just on the bases.

That is exactly why they changed the rules, more offense. Nobody but old pitchers (like me) wants to see a 1-0 game with 22 punch outs. Pitching got better, now it’s time for the O to catch up…
  • coronabruincoronabruin Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,478
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I stopped watching after they moved the all star game from Atlanta. Universal dh and the other rule changes are the icing on the cake.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,389
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Fishpo31 said:

chuck said:

That is exactly why they changed the rules, more offense. Nobody but old pitchers (like me) wants to see a 1-0 game with 22 punch outs. Pitching got better, now it’s time for the O to catch up…
    I'd be happy watching a 1 - 0 game if it didn't take 3.5 or 4 hours to play. And if the ball was actually being put in play versus everyone swinging for the fences, loft angle, strikeouts, etc. Analytics have fucked basketball and baseball.
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,586
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Fishpo31 said:

chuck said:

I'd be happy watching a 1 - 0 game if it didn't take 3.5 or 4 hours to play. And if the ball was actually being put in play versus everyone swinging for the fences, loft angle, strikeouts, etc. Analytics have fucked basketball and baseball.
    Stand by. I swear these rule changes are going to turn all of that around in a hurry. Maybe I'm overestimating but I don't think so.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,699
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bob Gibson could pitch a World Series game in under two hours. Creepage to 3 then 4 hours almost made rule changes mandatory

I blame Mike Hargrove. Both for beating the 1995 M's as manager and for the nickname Human Rain Delay as a player. Throw in Tony LaRussa reinventing the bullpen too

It only got worse