Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Pitch Clock Comparison: Pedro Baez's 1 Pitch vs. Landon Knack's Entire Half Inn

Comments

• BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,379
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Wow, that actually has me interested in baseball again, especially as a tv sport. Seriously.
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,586
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I love it. Matt Festa got through an inning in under three minutes the other day and I thought that was quick.

The limits on holding runners by stepping off and/or throwing over and batters taking all day to get set that makes baseball drag. The pitch clock is great and helps but it didn't even need to be as tight as they made it.
  • Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,235
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Initially I hated it, since I’ve never attended an MLB game and wished it would get over, but it is definitely growing on me. Mostly because I’ve seen veteran pitchers (Scherzer, Greinke) work to really fuck with hitters. A hitter called tim on Scherzer, and he never dis-engaged, and as the hitter stepped back in and blue signaled to play, Max lifted and fired…dude had no chance.

Greinke followed up a patented 60 mph curve by immediately getting right back on the rubber and firing a heater…same result. He also worked Hayward at 1st, picking over, Hayward extended and Greinke picked his ass off…mild LIPO for me, but encouraging.

Still unsure if I want to spend 2.5 hours traveling to and from to watch a 2 hour game, but we will see…
    I had a convo today with a guy pretty well-versed in baseball (a bar tender) who said something that struck me...the clock may help Kelenic, in that he has less time to get into his dome during at-bats...grip it and rip it...praying doog gif...
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I get your point about attending in-person @Fishpo31. It's four hours one way for me. The games are usually, not always, over before I'm ready. 2.5 hours will almost always feel like I'm getting shorted a bit if I'm driving home after. If I'm staying in Seattle for a few days then I won't mind so much
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Except for playoffs, baseball games are boring as fuck and take way too much time.

If the pitch clock speeds the game up and adds some new strategery, ok!
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,379
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Fishpo31 said:

I had a convo today with a guy pretty well-versed in baseball (a bar tender) who said something that struck me...the clock may help Kelenic, in that he has less time to get into his dome during at-bats...grip it and rip it...praying doog gif...

He's been smoking the ball in spring training so far.
    Swaye's Wigwam

Fishpo31 said:

I don't know what to think. Good Kelenic...the spring training version, would make the Ms so much better than they were that I'm afraid to think about it.

I'm pretty sure it's past time for @RoadDawg55 to remind us that he sucks and that good players don't hit under . 200 for their first 500 at bats. He's right, but still...what if?
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,702
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    chuck said:

Fishpo31 said:

I don't know what to think. Good Kelenic...the spring training version, would make the Ms so much better than they were that I'm afraid to think about it.

I'm pretty sure it's past time for @RoadDawg55 to remind us that he sucks and that good players don't hit under . 200 for their first 500 at bats. He's right, but still...what if?
    LOL I was just about to type a @RoadDawg55 reference but you beat me to it!
    Facts are facts, and they all suck until they don’t…Julio sucked until May, and the rest is history…don’t twist potd
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Fishpo31 said:

Facts are facts, and they all suck until they don’t…Julio sucked until May, and the rest is history…don’t twist potd

Yep. He has the look of maybe not sucking but I'm not getting excited, but I am letting myself think what if?
    chuck said:

Fishpo31 said:

Yep. He has the look of maybe not sucking but I'm not getting excited, but I am letting myself think what if?
    That is the key…expect bad, and when he sucks I was right, when he doesn’t I am happily surprised…win/win!
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I hope Kelenic becomes a solid player. I will believe it when I see it. Sometime in his late 20’s he will have a year where he hits 30+ HR’s. I don’t see him ever hitting for a high average.
    Swaye's Wigwam

I hope Kelenic becomes a solid player. I will believe it when I see it. Sometime in his late 20’s he will have a year where he hits 30+ HR’s. I don’t see him ever hitting for a high average.

There's roadie!

He doesn't need to be an all star. If he could hit . 220 with 30 homers he'd help the team. I actually don't think that's a huge ask for this season.

He has popped up or struck out apx. 50% of his at bats with the Ms. It's not a huge ask that he reduce this number to 40%. That might do it with the way the ball jumps off his bat. Note...I didn't do any actual math.