Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

What Chuck would like to see

chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,949 Swaye's Wigwam
Chuck just finished watching the game and had some thoughts. Chuck would like to see Dante Pettis continuing to be the punt return man and maybe get a few of the targets that are going to Mickens. He's ball player and Mickens is just a quick guy with a big smile who gives kickass interviews. Pettis is the first guy I've seen back on punts for UW in many years who looks like he gets it and has the skills to put that to use. He's dangerous. He nearly succumbed to well known ball security issues thanks to Dwayne Washington, but he looked great otherwise.

Speaking of Ddub (yep that should stick), the guy is strong as a fucking gorilla. He could be such a bad ass thumper if he'd just learn to plant and drive upfield sooner, getting closer to full speed before the first guy hits him. He's perfect for wearing out linebackers, but he needs to start hitting them more and making it hurt instead of just dragging them after they hit him.

Comments

• doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    edited September 2014
    I get that people here love Coleman's vision, but Warshington is so fucking skrong that he gets yards even when thw oline isn't getting any push. The td against Eastern and most of his carries today showed this pretty clearly.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,949 Swaye's Wigwam

I get that people here love Coleman's vision, but Warshington is so fucking skrong that he gets yards even when thw oline isn't getting any push. The td against Eastern and most of his carries today showed this pretty clearly.

Coleman is more consistent about getting yards and runs hard too. Washington isn't as quick as him and doesn't see holes like Coleman. There's room for both though. Callier ran hard and well tonight too. He's back to where he was pre-injury I think.

When Washington figures out that his job is to beat people up so the other guys can run by them he should get more carries.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    I like all four backs getting carries because it means we are committed to running the ball. We are making sure each back touches it at least a few times, with Coleman and Washington getting 10+. Those 4 + Shaq got 45 carries this week. Last week they had 41. A strong running game, John Ross, and limiting turnovers is the formula for this offense.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,717 Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

Coleman is more consistent about getting yards and runs hard too. Washington isn't as quick as him and doesn't see holes like Coleman. There's room for both though. Callier ran hard and well tonight too. He's back to where he was pre-injury I think.

When Washington figures out that his job is to beat people up so the other guys can run by them he should get more carries.
    Washington ran away from OSU's defense twice last year.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=10029287 (end of the video is one of the runs, the other was a 71 yard TD)

Coleman got tracked down and tackled by an Eastern CB.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=11476547

Washington is faster than Coleman.

The RB situation is really great right now.

About Pettis though. He has a fumbling problem, not sure if you have noticed...

Like I said...but he will get over Ddubs well known ball security issues.

chuck said:

Washington ran away from OSU's defense twice last year.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=10029287 (end of the video is one of the runs, the other was a 71 yard TD)

Coleman got tracked down and tackled by an Eastern CB.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=11476547

Washington is faster than Coleman.
    Yep. I said Coleman is quicker. There's a difference.

• FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,744
    I liked Pettis' slipperiness but my biggest problem wasn't the fumble (he is a freshman that will happen) it was his decision to let the punt go and roll inside the 10 that eventually led to the safety. Decision making is the most important skill for a punt returner.