Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

PAC 12 done negotiating tv deal...it is what it is ?

BlueduckBlueduck Member Posts: 1,063
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
edited March 2023 in Duck Refuge

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,717
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,484
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    No real players because they know Oregon and Washington are gone baby gone.
  • 46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Cliff notes?

Screwed.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,717
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I was wondering if it was any different than the bad news on the main board

Oregon and UW need to be their own brand. Oregon is ahead of UW on that. UW is still "let's save the conference guys"

Fuck that. Let's get out. The rivalry (Hi Bill Fleenor) is a strong selling point
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,397
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Cliff notes?

Shit deals because of aforementioned UW/UO sentiments on wanting to have an easy out of the granting rights without having to pay a massive exit fee. $25 mil a year is likely and adding SMU and SDSU will mean a net reduction per school unless they are given reduced allowances. The rest of the conference is basically waiting for UW and UO to decide what they want to do. Big 12 merger is what the networks told the conference to do a few years ago to avoid this scenario.
    SC is being rewarded for screwing the Pac-12. They won't have to play a single B1G big boy, tOSU, PSU or Michigan on a yearly basis. Their NEW yearly rivalry games will be MSU and Northwestern. Sure seems as if the B1G wants to guarantee them a spot in the CCG annually.
  • GoduckiesGoduckies Member Posts: 5,304
    First Comment 5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes
    46XiJCAB said:

SC is being rewarded for screwing the Pac-12. They won't have to play a single B1G big boy, tOSU, PSU or Michigan on a yearly basis. Their NEW yearly rivalry games will be MSU and Northwestern. Sure seems as if the B1G wants to guarantee them a spot in the CCG annually.

F SC
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Washington looks better on a pros and cons chart than Oregon when it comes to the B1G. However, Washington will probably find a way to fuck it up. Best just let Oregon (who I have a feeling is better at negotiating) take the reigns and get this package deal done.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,350
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Washington looks better on a pros and cons chart than Oregon when it comes to the B1G. However, Washington will probably find a way to fuck it up. Best just let Oregon (who I have a feeling is better at negotiating) take the reigns and get this package deal done.

Basically UW's 1.3B in research revenue + Phil stepping in is what's going to get it done.

I mean, is Rick, Paul Finebaum, and Colin Cowherd all wrong? Probably not.
    Oregon's new President is a B1G guy and sports fan. I like him already, says he's gonna do what's in the best interest of the UO with regards to conference realignment.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    46XiJCAB said:

Oregon's new President is a B1G guy and sports fan. I like him already, says he's gonna do what's in the best interest of the UO with regards to conference realignment.

That's good news. Now he needs to get to work.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,350
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

46XiJCAB said:

That's good news. Now he needs to get to work.
    Too little, too late.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Never have I agreed so wholeheartedly with a post I hated so deeply.

Keep Cauce/Cohen out of these negotiations for the love of Allah.