Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Hire Caple

2»

Comments

• Options
    dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,265
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited February 2023
    "Fuck you" just means more in a business meeting
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,758
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Not kidding.

See what it takes DJ.

Guarantee there's a shitload of readers here who would chip in $9.99 per month to have Caple covering UW Football for this site.

Added bonus: Griswold would pee down his leg and Fetters would shit his pants upon hearing the news

With all due respect, some folks here don't have a full grasp on reality
    When the Throbber hears that in a business meeting, it translates to "fuck you"

And then its on like donkey kong.

Unlike business meetings With all due respect, at Hardcore Husky when you want to say Fuck You, you can say Fuck You

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,613
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2023
    With all due respect, hardcore husky better get Caple or another beat writer on board, or I'll reduce my support to $128.99.
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,125
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Not kidding.

See what it takes DJ.

Guarantee there's a shitload of readers here who would chip in $9.99 per month to have Caple covering UW Football for this site.

Added bonus: Griswold would pee down his leg and Fetters would shit his pants upon hearing the news

With all due respect, some folks here don't have a full grasp on reality
    You don’t find it realistic that Fetters could shit his pants?
  • Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,803
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sounds like Derek is threatened by a technically gifted writer
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,959
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I thought my first post made it clear, but I guess it needs elaboration. If Hardcore Husky does not have access to conduct interviews with players and coaches, then what good does it serve to have Christian here? (Assuming I could find the capital to pay him). It would be a horrible career move for him. Unless he wanted to live a Jimmy Buffet lifestyle and just hang out on the boards every day.

The only way I could see a situation where I was working with Christian would be if Christian, Danny O'Neil, Jim Moore and I banded together to form a site that covered the Huskies/Cuog. But even then, I would not be granted access by UW. (Jeff Bechtold always treated me respectfully but he is no fan of this site).

I don't know Christian. I've never spoken to Danny but I heard him discuss me on his old KIRO show a couple times. (And he wondered aloud on air why Jim Moore would agree to be interviewed by Hardcore Husky). And I do know Jim Moore a little bit, from talking with him a handful of times.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,959
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    TheHB said:

Come on Derek. You’ve got a leopard print jacket in your closet just gathering dust right?

“Let’s go get a reporter.”

• Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,182
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Jim Moore likes dogs

He’s a pussy
  • Options
    HHBruhHHBruh Member Posts: 497
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Fetters shitting his pants would not surprise anyone

Not kidding.

See what it takes DJ.

• Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,203
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2023

I thought my first post made it clear, but I guess it needs elaboration. If Hardcore Husky does not have access to conduct interviews with players and coaches, then what good does it serve to have Christian here? (Assuming I could find the capital to pay him). It would be a horrible career move for him. Unless he wanted to live a Jimmy Buffet lifestyle and just hang out on the boards every day.

The only way I could see a situation where I was working with Christian would be if Christian, Danny O'Neil, Jim Moore and I banded together to form a site that covered the Huskies/Cuog. But even then, I would not be granted access by UW. (Jeff Bechtold always treated me respectfully but he is no fan of this site).

I don't know Christian. I've never spoken to Danny but I heard him discuss me on his old KIRO show a couple times. (And he wondered aloud on air why Jim Moore would agree to be interviewed by Hardcore Husky). And I do know Jim Moore a little bit, from talking with him a handful of times.

As much as I'd like to doog in no way is it happening in any official manner.

That said, maybe you could get him to moonlight under a pseudonym. It still doesn't come with access but I'm sure he has some @Sources at this point.

I have in no way experience with sports writing enough to say what that would be worth or if it's just laughable but it would be a coup for this site to pull off.

*shrug