Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Austin Mack - 2024 QB, Folsom HS

124»

Comments

• Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Someone else can confirm but I'd think you get alot less reps as a backup then you would as a hs starter. And if you think the college coaching early is the biggest deal then why aren't more 5* QBs doing this
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,433
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Canadawg said:

Someone else can confirm but I'd think you get alot less reps as a backup then you would as a hs starter. And if you think the college coaching early is the biggest deal then why aren't more 5* QBs doing this

They are, but some kids love to be wined and dined by teams of adult men
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,041
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Canadawg said:

Hard pass. Fuck Folsom QBs. Been there, done that, got the Peach Bowel t shirt. ATBS, JBS

unlike browning this kid has a howitizer.
    Too much war imagery. I’m shaking and about to vomit.
    Some of the suggested replacements don't even mean the same thing. Picking your battles does not exactly mean choose your opportunities, as the latter does not imply a struggle. And feeding two birds with one scone just doesn't make sense. One scone would feed way more than two birds and you would not throw a single scone at a bird to feed it. It is only intelligible if someone already knows what the phrase should be. I think Spangler was just off by a few decades.
    Jumping the gun is a fucking track and field term. It has nothing to do with violence.
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,452
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

a year being Penix's shadow, a year being coached by Deboer and Grub, a year in our S&C program, a year running the scout team against our #1 defense. My only concern is will a 16 year old kid get homesick?

The real question there is will his dads fly?
  • Options
    PenacePenace Member Posts: 494
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    The truth is he is needed for fucking depth this season.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,611
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Penace said:

I'm still hopeful they'll grab an upper classman with some game reps for depth. I'm all for this kid getting signed and sealed early, but I don't like him as the 3rd string guy this season.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,433
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    chuck said:

Penace said:

I'm still hopeful they'll grab an upper classman with some game reps for depth. I'm all for this kid getting signed and sealed early, but I don't like him as the 3rd string guy this season.
    Most transfer QBs want a path to play right away, so it might be a smaller poll for decent QBs who are willing to sit behind Penix for a year to only compete against Morris and Mack
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2023

chuck said:

Penace said:

Most transfer QBs want a path to play right away, so it might be a smaller poll for decent QBs who are willing to sit behind Penix for a year to only compete against Morris and Mack
    There are always some upperclassmen or even grad transfers available who aren't competing for the starting spot at their own school and want a change of scenery.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,520
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    chuck said:

chuck said:

Penace said:

There are always some upperclassmen or even grad transfers available who aren't competing for the starting spot at their own school and want a change of scenery.
    By my count, the Huskies have 89 players on scholarship (not including Mack). I could be off by 1 or 2 but I'm not sure if a 4th QB on scholarship is something they can fit in for 2023. Plus if you are starting your 3rd string QB, whether it's a scholarshiped grad transfer or a walk-on, that probably doesn't bode well for the season.

Meanwhile, Mack can play in 4 games and still preserve his redshirt so he could be an option.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HFNY said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

Penace said:

By my count, the Huskies have 89 players on scholarship (not including Mack). I could be off by 1 or 2 but I'm not sure if a 4th QB on scholarship is something they can fit in for 2023. Plus if you are starting your 3rd string QB, whether it's a scholarshiped grad transfer or a walk-on, that probably doesn't bode well for the season.

Meanwhile, Mack can play in 4 games and still preserve his redshirt so he could be an option.
    He's 16. They didn't bring him early for depth. This was their way of locking him in for the next two years minimum. He shouldn't even be at risk of seeing the field this season. That's the point, not that another third stringer is going to save the team.