Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Russell Wilson asked Jodi Allen to fire Pete Carroll and John Schneider

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,702
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
edited February 2023 in NFL Talk
... before his trade to Broncos.

OMG

Comments

• CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,704
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Link buttfucker?
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,680
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Before last season a lot of Hawks fans would have agreed
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,704
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

I read comments on twatter and there were plenty of 12s saying it’s better to keep Wilson.
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Indeed.

I was wrong.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,680
    Swaye's Wigwam

Indeed.

I was wrong.
    I probably would have been too. I generally take the player and the drafts were underwhelming
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,713
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    RW last 5 years:
    9-7 no playoffs
    10-6 WC loss
    11-5 Divisional loss
    12-4 WC loss
    7-10 no playoffs
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,483
    Founders Club
    That fucking guy.

More dirt coming out. Amazing how quickly an image can be tarnished.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,702
    Founders Club

Wilson ain't shit without the LOB. Just another stat padder QB who benefits playing in the modern era. LOB won the Super Bowl and Wilson lost the second one that he was supposed to win. Since that point he's basically been your average Dallas Cowboys QB post-Aikman years.

I'm no longer a Russell Wilson fan, but let's not act like the guy was Trent Dilfer or something. He won a lot of games.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited February 2023
    He’s garbage. He should write a book about how you become one of a franchises most beloved players of all time to no one giving a shit if they retire your jersey (most right now would probably not want it).
  • KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I love Wilson pulling a power play by going to the owner like he is something special. Who the fuck does this guy think he is. It is still funny that his extension hasn't even started yet. Broncos go 8-9 in 2023 and miss the playoffs.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,379
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited February 2023

Wilson ain't shit without the LOB. Just another stat padder QB who benefits playing in the modern era. LOB won the Super Bowl and Wilson lost the second one that he was supposed to win. Since that point he's basically been your average Dallas Cowboys QB post-Aikman years.

I'm no longer a Russell Wilson fan, but let's not act like the guy was Trent Dilfer or something. He won a lot of games.
    Yeah, but so did Tony Romo with mediocre defenses most years.

Also, I really give him no credit for the team's best seasons. The defense carried them, along with Marshawn. Wilson's role could've been reprised by a lot of other guys on those teams.
  • TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,550
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited February 2023
    Fishpo31 said:

Say what you want about Pete, but he's got his reads down about the culture he wants. I felt that when he was hired it was a risk because of the rah-rah Joe College stuff, but he has made it go.

With the wild cast of characters he's had (Sherm, Earl, Lynch, Bennett, Clark, Harvin...et al), he's done a pretty good job of reigning them in, getting everything he could get out of them, and pulling the rip cord when production / behavior declined. I never expected Russ to push it over the line, but there you have it.

Russ isn't Russ (the good version) without Pete...Pete created the monster, and dumped him before he got eaten by him...

Exactly right on all statements... after Russ visibly slowed down as far as being able to avoid the rush and tried to become more of a pocket passer, the change in production was obvious and ominous.

To be able to get the draft haul they did was as big a success as avoiding the negative consequences of watching Wilson decline to a shell of himself in front of Seattle fans which was the domino
    trail that was well on the way.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,702
    Founders Club

He’s garbage. He should write a book about how you become one of a franchises most beloved players of all time to no one giving a shit if they retire your jersey (most right now would probably not want it).

Dan McGuire was garbage. Rick Mirer was garbage.
  • EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,989
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited February 2023

Right. OJ is a MUCH BETTER comparison. Thanks.
  • coronabruincoronabruin Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,478
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

RW last 5 years:
    9-7 no playoffs
    10-6 WC loss
    11-5 Divisional loss
    12-4 WC loss
    7-10 no playoffs

Plus there was that time he did this

• Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,713
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

I don't really get this take. He's not Brady or Rogers, but he was consistently a top seven or so QB from 2015 to 2020. I do remember some clunkers, such as losing to Tampon Bay 14-7 or thereabouts once, but overall he was really solid, and he didn't have a running game some years.