Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Oregon Ducks' 2023 schedule with game-by-game score predictions

Comments

• whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,428
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    UW returns 8 starters on offense and is held to 23 points?

Wishful quooking
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,394
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

UW returns 8 starters on offense and is held to 23 points?

Wishful quooking

Nobody in CFB with a pulse is held to 23 points anymore. UW will put up 40 at home versus the Ducks. Cook it.
  • thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,484
    Imagine sitting down and writing that😂

Content starvation in February/March is real….

Oregon is gonna lose a game or two but it probably won’t be at home.

@Utah
    @UW
    @Texas Tech

Are the three toughest sleds from what I can tell but paper always lies until week 3
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,350
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    With roster turnover and a shitty coach Nix is carrying them to 8-9 wins.

***If the OC will run him.

If he tries to make him a pocket passer for draft status, then it's 7-8 wins max.
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,398
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

With roster turnover and a shitty coach Nix is carrying them to 8-9 wins.

***If the OC will run him.

If he tries to make him a pocket passer for draft status, then it's 7-8 wins max.

This is actually an interesting theory. Nix is pretty damn unstoppable against Pac-12 defenses if he can just tuck and run whenever but a lot of times when a QB comes back for an extra college victory lap they try to avoid running and getting hurt and work on their game which needs work for the next level.

And before you say, "you can say the same thing about Penix," if anything, Penix needs to show that he can run more for the next level.
    edited February 2023
    lol at 7 wins max

There are maybe 2 games where Oregon won’t be a strong favorite to win(UW/USC). A lot of new pieces but I don’t see any positional downgrades from last year, except for a couple of OL slots, and those are probably washes. If Lanning doesn’t win ten, I’ll tie the noose myself.

Stop trolling, haie
    Swaye's Wigwam
    thechatch said:

lol at 7 wins max

Stop trolling, haie

Pocket passer Nix wins more than 7?

Oregon's offense was ass when he stopped being a run threat. Why you lost the No Job Skills Cup to Beavlet.
    haie said:

thechatch said:

lol at 7 wins max

Stop trolling, haie

Oregon's offense was ass when he stopped being a run threat. Why you lost the No Job Skills Cup to Beavlet.
    Nix wasn’t a run threat because he literally couldn’t run at the end of the year. Even if he doesn’t keep as much in 2023, it isn’t like he’ll be playing on a blown tire. There’s a pretty significant distinction there.
  • 46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    thechatch said:

haie said:

thechatch said:

lol at 7 wins max

Stop trolling, haie

Nix wasn’t a run threat because he literally couldn’t run at the end of the year. Even if he doesn’t keep as much in 2023, it isn’t like he’ll be playing on a blown tire. There’s a pretty significant distinction there.
    Why do you bother?
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,398
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    thechatch said:

haie said:

thechatch said:

lol at 7 wins max

Stop trolling, haie

From what I've heard, Nix is actually still going to be dinged up from the ankle injury in 2023.

thechatch said:

haie said:

thechatch said:

lol at 7 wins max

Stop trolling, haie

From what I've heard, Nix is actually still going to be dinged up from the ankle injury in 2023.
    I mean maybe. Depends on how bad that sprain was. If there was a hairline FX or evulsion at the malleoli, it’s a tough thing for awhile. Watching Nix try to plant and throw after the UW game was painful.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    46XiJCAB said:

thechatch said:

haie said:

thechatch said:

lol at 7 wins max

Stop trolling, haie

Why do you bother?
    I mean, I'm just trying to figure out what kind of darkhorse for Heisman you guys have on your hands here.

When he can run the way he did against UCLA it's a great offense. But he's not just a quarterback then, and isn't protected.

I said it on the podcast, Chip is just a huge pussy when he plays his old school.
    haie said:

46XiJCAB said:

thechatch said:

haie said:

thechatch said:

lol at 7 wins max

Stop trolling, haie

Why do you bother?
    I mean, I'm just trying to figure out what kind of darkhorse for Heisman you guys have on your hands here.

When he can run the way he did against UCLA it's a great offense. But he's not just a quarterback then, and isn't protected.

I said it on the podcast, Chip is just a huge pussy when he plays his old school.
    NOC.

Fuck off.
    “I said it on the podcast…”

😂
  • JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,058
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    thechatch said:

thechatch said:

haie said:

thechatch said:

lol at 7 wins max

Stop trolling, haie

I mean maybe. Depends on how bad that sprain was. If there was a hairline FX or evulsion at the malleoli, it’s a tough thing for awhile. Watching Nix try to plant and throw after the UW game was painful.
    It got amputated
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,717
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    How the hell does Nixon have any eligibility? It must be a China Cold thing. He's like 26.
    2019 Fr
    2020 COVID
    2021 So
    2022 Jr
    2023 Sr

It’s hard.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    thechatch said:

😂

Did I say it somewhere else?

Go plug your fat wife. Two massive cheeks where you play Carmen San Diego with her hole because you happened to hit your numbers this month.
    haie said:

thechatch said:

😂

Go plug your fat wife. Two massive cheeks where you play Carmen San Diego with her hole because you happened to hit your numbers this month.
    You’re such a low class POS. Why don’t you just fuck off and go away?
    haie said:

thechatch said:

😂

Lol amazing.

You still don’t like being called a fucking nerd, do you? Brings back all those painful memories…..