Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Humidor/Cigar Update

Comments

• TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,735
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    It's Saturday. So it's Bud Heavies in honor of Mike Monan, one of Stalin's legendary pod counterparts.

Complaining that the LED strip around the stadium was gonna "drop me" was perhaps my favorite Monan comment of all time.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,794
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

It's Saturday. So it's Bud Heavies in honor of Mike Monan, one of Stalin's legendary pod counterparts.

Complaining that the LED strip around the stadium was gonna "drop me" was perhaps my favorite Monan comment of all time.

Coors Banquet is better but I still love Bud heavy. I can drink the shit out of either.
    Bud Heavy 36 Pack at Costco is my insurance beer.

At roughly .72 per can for a working class beer you never run out of, I can't complain. Was content with Busch 30 packs from Rite Aid until I stumbled upon the Bud Heavy 36 at Costco. An extra 6 pack for about 3-4 more bucks? Sold.

I'll rotate in some Henry's, Hamm's and Pub Beer to keep things fresh, but Bud's got a permanent spot in my garage now.
    Smokeless Ashtray: Does such a thing actually exist for cigars?

I'll take your comments off-the-air. Thanx.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,654
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Not a cigar guy but got my haircut at a high end place in CDA yesterday. The Throbber likes pampering on occasion.

The hot towel service included essential oils with hints of Cuban cigar. For the remainder of the day, I was my own humidor.

And if you've never had your nostrils waxed, you should do that.

Swaye's Wigwam
    dannarc said:

Great throat cancer weather last weekend. We? The wifey and I were invited to a riverside birthday party in the middle of nowhere Idaho. We pulled into the campground and was greeted with a 3' snow berm at the entrance, we noticed and smelled the faint smell of ponderosa pine burning 200yrds away along with a slight hint of cigar smoke, I knew we were in the right spot... A nip or two from a flask, dark lager, and a Carrillo Pledge along with a lawn chair occupied me in the sunshine for a few hours. The fellas were busy throwing flies on graphite 5wts, I sat back smoking my cigar and waited for the crew to stop flogging the water so I could waltz up there and show them how it was done, alas, it wasn't meant to be, nobody caught a fish, but lots of laughs, drink, and smoke along a famous river.

Yeah, NOC

How do you know that had 5 weight sticks ?
  • dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,244
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

dannarc said:

Great throat cancer weather last weekend. We? The wifey and I were invited to a riverside birthday party in the middle of nowhere Idaho. We pulled into the campground and was greeted with a 3' snow berm at the entrance, we noticed and smelled the faint smell of ponderosa pine burning 200yrds away along with a slight hint of cigar smoke, I knew we were in the right spot... A nip or two from a flask, dark lager, and a Carrillo Pledge along with a lawn chair occupied me in the sunshine for a few hours. The fellas were busy throwing flies on graphite 5wts, I sat back smoking my cigar and waited for the crew to stop flogging the water so I could waltz up there and show them how it was done, alas, it wasn't meant to be, nobody caught a fish, but lots of laughs, drink, and smoke along a famous river.

Yeah, NOC

'Cause that's what I told these newbs to get a long tim ago. There was 2 guys and a gal who brought bug rods, they all were throwing a decent line after an hour or so. This particular river is the size of the Deschutes, upper Skykomish, ish...5wts work good, imagine 4wt would do ok too
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,654
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    dannarc said:

dannarc said:

Yeah, NOC

'Cause that's what I told these newbs to get a long tim ago. There was 2 guys and a gal who brought bug rods, they all were throwing a decent line after an hour or so. This particular river is the size of the Deschutes, upper Skykomish, ish...5wts work good, imagine 4wt would do ok too
    Which one? Clark Fork? St. Joe is running too high right now and the N. Fork of the CDA isn't the same size as Deschutes/Skykomish.

Or down in Central Idaho?

• dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,244
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,044
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Smoked my first Cuban cigar last week. Did my research before hand and found a swanky cigar lounge in the Bulgargi Hotel owned by the guy who owns Davidoff of London. I was too pour to pay 600 pounds for 2014 limited edition Cohiba but based on years of trusted advice from @Swaye I found a Trinidad for 78 pounds which was one of the best cigars I've had in my life. Obviously you pay a premium to buy a cigar to smoke in a lounge, but indoor throat cancer, is the best throat cancer.

That is a bad ass cigar and I am so glad you got to experience it in a swanky cigar place. You know Cubans were always expensive (well, the good ones like Cohiba and Trinidad), but they have gone off the charts expensive now. The "cheap" Cohibas are 50 bucks a stick now in Europe. The top of the line stuff is well up into the hundreds per stick. Trinidad is right there. I remember buying 15 boxes over 2 years paying half that and thinking it was crazy. Glad as hell I did now. I am now very carefully smoking Cubans. I gotta make these last for many years because they are stupid expensive now.

I got a box of Cohiba 2017 Limitadas right before Covid for 1500 for a box of 10. Even I thought I was insane. They are 600 dollars a stick now. Quadruple what I paid 3 years ago. lol. Yeah, making what I have last and thank God I bought a pretty good chunk of it.

Smoked my first Cuban cigar last week. Did my research before hand and found a swanky cigar lounge in the Bulgargi Hotel owned by the guy who owns Davidoff of London. I was too pour to pay 600 pounds for 2014 limited edition Cohiba but based on years of trusted advice from @Swaye I found a Trinidad for 78 pounds which was one of the best cigars I've had in my life. Obviously you pay a premium to buy a cigar to smoke in a lounge, but indoor throat cancer, is the best throat cancer.

Oh yeah, well I smoked a Backwoods HoneyBerry driving up Hwy 10 on Saturday.

And my cab still smells like it 3 days later.

Those things are over $1 per stick these days! Damnit.

So there!
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2023

So there!
    Moving to White Wakanda and joining a cuntry club necessitated my becoming more of a sophisticant.

So there!
    Moving to White Wakanda and joining a cuntry club necessitated my becoming more of a sophisticant.
    What's your middle of the night, too far from home and needing as smoke choice, then? Swisher? White Owl? AYC Grenadiers?

You gotta have a trailer-class cigar for the rough times. Which is it?
    Swaye's Wigwam

So there!
    What's your middle of the night, too far from home and needing as smoke choice, then? Swisher? White Owl? AYC Grenadiers?

Marlboro Reds.

So there!

Marlboro Reds.
    I knew you had such a go-to. I keep a bag of Drum in my garage, too.
    Swaye's Wigwam

So there!

Marlboro Reds.
    I knew you had such a go-to. I keep a bag of Drum in my garage, too.
    All kidding aside, my go-to cheap cigars are the Cohiba (fake US branded) Nicaragua Pequenos. $20.00 for a tin of 6. Great for a short 20 min smoke.

• LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,510
    Swaye's Wigwam

So there!

watch it with the trailer talk - being a pro at trailers I happen to have a pouch of backwoods -