Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

And then they knock off Oregon?

Most bipolar team in college basketball knocks off the ducks in OT.

Led by 27 from Freshman Keyon Menifield.

PJ Fuller didn't get on the court. Jamal Bey had 5 points in 32 minutes. The legend of the worst seniors in UW history continues.

Dawgs actually have a pretty solid chance of finishing 10-10 in conference play... finish vs OSU, at the Bay schools, vs WSU. Insane.

Comments

• Options
    Miley_CyrusMiley_Cyrus Member Posts: 793
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited February 2023
    Fuller sucks, he’s a turnover machine. It’s on Hop for A) not realizing this sooner and B ) not developing Fuller into a more consistent player.

There’s a lot wrong with Hop, with his complete offensive incompetence at the top of the list. A close second though is lack of player development. I can’t think of a single player that’s gotten better year over year, Bey is the poster child for this. I honestly have no idea what they work on in the off-season.
  • Options
    BroadcastingDawgBroadcastingDawg Member Posts: 1,245
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Fuller sucks, he’s a turnover machine. It’s on Hop for A) not realizing this sooner and B ) not developing Fuller into a more consistent player.

There’s a lot wrong with Hop, with his complete offensive incompetence at the top of the list. A close second though is lack of player development. I can’t think of a single player that’s gotten better year over year, Bey is the poster child for this. I honestly have no idea what they work on in the off-season.

I'd love to watch a practice some time. I've never seen one of his big men develop a meaningful post move.

Met someone the other day who works closely with a lot of former UW players. He pointed directly to Sam Timmins and now Jackson Grant as pure representation of the Hop regime... just absolutely 0 improvement despite some decent pedigree.

What does Jackson Grant do all day? I feel like you could go to the IMA and develop like at least a couple of moves on your own.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,863
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Even a clock is right twice per day.

Fuck Hop. Broom him.

• Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,522
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Oregon is not exactly a good team.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,515
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

You mean a team led by a guy who scores 0 points in 43 minutes is not good?
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,497
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    ntxduck said:

Bunch of talent that doesn't fit together.
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    haie said:

ntxduck said:

I think Dana is done next year if they don’t go sweet 16 or better with the class coming in. He seems pretty burnt out. He may just retire, too.

• Options
    edited February 2023

Not a "great" team. But are 9-7 in conference with recent wins over Arizona, USC, ASU.

Just sort of shocking when you watch this UW team and figure they can't beat anyone with a shred of talent.

• Options
    edited February 2023
    ntxduck said:

haie said:

ntxduck said:

I think Dana is done next year if they don’t go sweet 16 or better with the class coming in. He seems pretty burnt out. He may just retire, too.

I wonder if the lack of cohesion from all the transfers has simple caught up. Will Richardson the only true returning starter. Dante's really limited time until basically this season... the rest are mostly all transfers who get meaningful minutes. Tough task to develop a "team" when these guys hardly know one another.

• Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,522
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Not a "great" team. But are 9-7 in conference with recent wins over Arizona, USC, ASU.

Just sort of shocking when you watch this UW team and figure they can't beat anyone with a shred of talent.

Wayne looked like a wannabe South Beach coke dealer who got relegated to pushing his product in the panhandle.
  • Options

Wayne looked like a wannabe South Beach coke dealer who got relegated to pushing his product in the panhandle.
    Cocaine Wayne