Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

China Joe colluding to get your gas stove!

2»

Comments

• Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,807
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited February 2023
    Gosh I wonder how deadly it would be if you put all the smoke into a plastic sealed area with zero ventilation?
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,854
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

hardhat said:

Gas stoves are much more common in the west and northeast and not nearly as common in the south.

Childhood asthma rates are lower in the west and midwest and high in the south and northeast.

When I was in grade school in the 60s, we had one kid in our elementary school that I knew had asthma. On my son's soccer team in the 90s we had three kids using an inhaler before each match. My view is that our kids are being raised in an indoor environment with little exposure to germs. We have triple paned windows which are always closed with sealed and insulated walls and ceilings and the kids don't get out much to play in the dirt. My kids were outside as much as possible and were raised with a cat who used to sleep in their cribs from day one.
    I remember walking to kindergarten 3/4 mile in rain, snow or whatever with maybe 2 or 3 other kids. Nobody cared. This was the mid 80s. I was left alone in summers starting between 4th and 5th grade. The only semi enforced rule was be home before dinner and ask if a friend could come over, or if I was going to eat dinner at a friend's. I played in the dirt with toy Grand Ams and climbed trees.. Nowadays these helicopter Karen's have faggy play dates. One of my exes checked in on her 14 year old daughter who was house sitting. I told her she's fine, leave her alone. But that stuff is normal now...
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,924
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter

hardhat said:

Gas stoves are much more common in the west and northeast and not nearly as common in the south.

Childhood asthma rates are lower in the west and midwest and high in the south and northeast.

When I was in grade school in the 60s, we had one kid in our elementary school that I knew had asthma. On my son's soccer team in the 90s we had three kids using an inhaler before each match. My view is that our kids are being raised in an indoor environment with little exposure to germs. We have triple paned windows which are always closed with sealed and insulated walls and ceilings and the kids don't get out much to play in the dirt. My kids were outside as much as possible and were raised with a cat who used to sleep in their cribs from day one.
    I remember walking to kindergarten 3/4 mile in rain, snow or whatever with maybe 2 or 3 other kids. Nobody cared. This was the mid 80s. I was left alone in summers starting between 4th and 5th grade. The only semi enforced rule was be home before dinner and ask if a friend could come over, or if I was going to eat dinner at a friend's. I played in the dirt with toy Grand Ams and climbed trees.. Nowadays these helicopter Karen's have faggy play dates. One of my exes checked in on her 14 year old daughter who was house sitting. I told her she's fine, leave her alone. But that stuff is normal now...
    Today, your five year old would be picked up by the cops and sent to Child Services.