Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

How Nick Saban is using Jalen Hurts as example to current Alabama team

Comments

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,835
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,015
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Saban using a video of a player they told to kick rocks really enforces how washed he is.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    How Chris Petersen is using Jake Haener as example to current Washington team
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,917
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

How Chris Petersen is using Jake Haener as example to current Washington team

dnc "gets it"
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited February 2023
    The whole Alabama / Hurts thing is an interesting one. OTOH, Tua had about as good a run at Bama as you can have, and Saban has natties he might not have had w/o him. OTOH, Hurts goes to Oklahoma, gets his reads down in a more sophisticated offense, and is a legitimate pro.

Any single person here who says they saw NFL career for Hurts in college is full of shit. I always thought the Bama / Washington game was closer than the teams really were in part because of Hurts' limitations.

• Options
    Founders Club

The whole Alabama / Hurts thing is an interesting one. OTOH, Tua had about as good a run at Bama as you can have, and Saban has natties he might not have had w/o him. OTOH, Hurts goes to Oklahoma, gets his reads down in a more sophisticated offense, and is a legitimate pro.

Any single person here who says they saw NFL career for Hurts in college is full of shit. I always thought the Bama / Washington game was closer than the teams really were in part because of Hurts' limitations.

Whoa whoa whoa. Hold on there, Sparky. Somewhere in the bowels of Hardcore Husky is a post from me being bullish on Hurts in the NFL
  • Options

Whoa whoa whoa. Hold on there, Sparky. Somewhere in the bowels of Hardcore Husky is a post from me being bullish on Hurts in the NFL
    Then you operate in out atmosphere Stalin. And surely this evaluation was Oklahoma, not Alabama, Hurts.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Then you operate in out atmosphere Stalin. And surely this evaluation was Oklahoma, not Alabama, Hurts.
    Wrong again. I wrote something about his maturity, resiliency and mental toughness. I just spent a couple of minutes trying to find it but couldn't. It was kind of how I saw something in Haener and was ride or die.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,162
    Swaye's Wigwam
    All Hurts does is almost win titles

Bama lost to Clemson after beating our DAWGS

Tua beat Georgia for the natty when Hurts got benched

Then Hurts saved the SEC title when Tua got hurt but Clemson won the natty again

Oklahoma got their usual playoff loss with Hurts

Yesterday was a coaching mismatch. And yet Hurts almost got it done
  • Options

Wrong again. I wrote something about his maturity, resiliency and mental toughness. I just spent a couple of minutes trying to find it but couldn't. It was kind of how I saw something in Haener and was ride or die.
    Just to be clear, it was meant as a compliment. Most of us saw a guy with a out-of-control arm and really strong legs, which alone rarely portents NFL greatness.