Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    hardhathardhat Member Posts: 8,343
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye said:

Yep, when the black Professor, married to a black woman, with children educated in black schools, who is well known as an author of anti-racist books, is now racist to a bitch of a high school BLM girl, you know shit has gotten out of control. And the Telluride losers siding with a high school kid over a distinguished Professor is a joke. This whole thing is going down in flames. Just constant one up wokemanship.

• Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,368
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Clearly a smart man but his world-view and preconceived belief that all white people are racists deserves the slap in the face he received from those he was trying to help.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    RoadTrip said:

Clearly a smart man but his world-view and preconceived belief that all white people are racists deserves the slap in the face he received from those he was trying to help.

That doesn’t seem to be his worldview from the piece
  • Options
    Founders Club
    This is the bullshit he willingly participated in and taught to others:

"I am no stranger to anti-racism workshops: I have participated in many of them, and I have facilitated them myself. But the Telluride workshops were being organized by two college-age students, filled with the spirit of the times. From what I gleaned, they involved crudely conveying certain dogmatic assertions, no matter what topic the workshops were ostensibly about:

Experiencing hardship conveys authority.
    There is no hierarchy of oppressions—except for anti-black oppression, which is in a class of its own.
    Trust black women.
    Prison is never the answer.
    Black people need black space.
    Allyship is usually performative.
    All non-black people, and many black people, are guilty of anti-blackness.
    There is no way out of anti-blackness."
  • Options
    RoadTrip said:

This is the bullshit he willingly participated in and taught to others:

"I am no stranger to anti-racism workshops: I have participated in many of them, and I have facilitated them myself. But the Telluride workshops were being organized by two college-age students, filled with the spirit of the times. From what I gleaned, they involved crudely conveying certain dogmatic assertions, no matter what topic the workshops were ostensibly about:

Experiencing hardship conveys authority.
    There is no hierarchy of oppressions—except for anti-black oppression, which is in a class of its own.
    Trust black women.
    Prison is never the answer.
    Black people need black space.
    Allyship is usually performative.
    All non-black people, and many black people, are guilty of anti-blackness.
    There is no way out of anti-blackness."

He’s not saying he believes that, he’s saying this is what the workshops taught by Keisha (who he clearly hates and disagrees vehemently with) taught.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    We have a disagreement in interpretation which is ok. This is exactly what he wrote. Yes, thos most-recent Telluride class was the worst he had experienced but this is the woke scam environment he's been a part of for years.

"I am no stranger to anti-racism workshops: I have participated in many of them, and I have facilitated them myself."
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    RoadTrip said:

We have a disagreement in interpretation which is ok. This is exactly what he wrote. Yes, thos most-recent Telluride class was the worst he had experienced but this is the woke scam environment he's been a part of for years.

"I am no stranger to anti-racism workshops: I have participated in many of them, and I have facilitated them myself."

It’s not a disagreement in interpretation it’s a failure of basic reading comprehension. And not mine.

Everything listed at the end of your quoted section is directly following and defined by the below. There’s literally a colon to indicate this.

But the Telluride workshops were being organized by two college-age students, filled with the spirit of the times. From what I gleaned, they involved crudely conveying certain dogmatic assertions, no matter what topic the workshops were ostensibly about:
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,959
    Founders Club

RoadTrip said:

It’s not a disagreement in interpretation it’s a failure of basic reading comprehension. And not mine.

Everything listed at the end of your quoted section is directly following and defined by the below. There’s literally a colon to indicate this.

But the Telluride workshops were being organized by two college-age students, filled with the spirit of the times. From what I gleaned, they involved crudely conveying certain dogmatic assertions, no matter what topic the workshops were ostensibly about:
    Fuckin' bullies, man. I tell you.

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,287
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    He did spawn Keisha