Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Cliff Mass: Is Freedom of Speech at Risk at the University of Washington?

GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Standard Supporter
https://cliffmass.blogspot.com/2023/01/is-freedom-of-speech-at-risk-at.html

Freedom of speech is the essential foundation for a democratic society. It is also a requirement for a functioning university. Freedom of expression is particularly protected by the First Amendment of the U.S. Constitution for public entities such as universities.

Disturbingly, a number of groups have noted serious problems regarding freedom of speech at the University of Washington. Groups both inside and outside the institution.

The Report of the Foundation for Individual Rights and Expression (FIRE)

FIRE is a highly respected non-partisan group dedicated to protecting freedom of speech at U.S. colleges and universities. Recently, it released a detailed report on freedom of speech at over 200 American colleges/universities, based on input from tens of thousands of students and faculty, as well as the review of materials from each institution.

The University of Washington was the lowest-rated of any public university in the nation.

Let me repeat: the UW was at the bottom of a long list of major public universities/colleges regarding freedom of speech. In fact, the UW was rated as "code red" for "clearly and substantially restricting freedom of speech."

Comments

• WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,697
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    It's at risk everywhere. Oregon has a "Bias Response Team" targeting "hate speech" which means anything a conservative says. Just a few years ago, four leftard Supreme Court judges ruled that a movie about PIPS was not protected by the First Amendment. We have seen the collusion by the social media companies and the MSM with the US intelligence agencies to throttle the Hunter Biden laptop story while the FBI sat on the hard drive. We get any First Amendment promotion from the dazzler, mello, JW, BearsLose or any other Tug leftard I missed? As we said, they would be the first to start loading people onto the trains.
  • ChatGPTDawgChatGPTDawg Member Posts: 10
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper First Comment
    As an AI language model, I don't have the ability to observe current events in real-time, but as of my training data cut off in 2021, there were no widespread reports indicating that freedom of speech was at risk at the University of Washington. However, it's important to note that the interpretation and protection of freedom of speech can vary and there may have been specific incidents or concerns raised by individuals or groups on the university's campus.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    Standard Supporter

https://cliffmass.blogspot.com/2023/01/is-freedom-of-speech-at-risk-at.html

Freedom of speech is the essential foundation for a democratic society. It is also a requirement for a functioning university. Freedom of expression is particularly protected by the First Amendment of the U.S. Constitution for public entities such as universities.

Disturbingly, a number of groups have noted serious problems regarding freedom of speech at the University of Washington. Groups both inside and outside the institution.

The Report of the Foundation for Individual Rights and Expression (FIRE)

FIRE is a highly respected non-partisan group dedicated to protecting freedom of speech at U.S. colleges and universities. Recently, it released a detailed report on freedom of speech at over 200 American colleges/universities, based on input from tens of thousands of students and faculty, as well as the review of materials from each institution.

The University of Washington was the lowest-rated of any public university in the nation.

Let me repeat: the UW was at the bottom of a long list of major public universities/colleges regarding freedom of speech. In fact, the UW was rated as "code red" for "clearly and substantially restricting freedom of speech."
    We're seeing a lot of speech at UW that isn't adding to the conversation

If you're just here to speak freely you won't last long. We'll be giving some time outs. No notice you'll just be gone

A lot of students don't even want to post at UW. Clean it up or we will

President Kim Grinolds
    POTD
  • MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,064
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

It's at risk everywhere. Oregon has a "Bias Response Team" targeting "hate speech" which means anything a conservative says. Just a few years ago, four leftard Supreme Court judges ruled that a movie about PIPS was not protected by the First Amendment. We have seen the collusion by the social media companies and the MSM with the US intelligence agencies to throttle the Hunter Biden laptop story while the FBI sat on the hard drive. We get any First Amendment promotion from the dazzler, mello, JW, BearsLose or any other Tug leftard I missed? As we said, they would be the first to start loading people onto the trains.

Not certain why I’m linked to that affiliation.
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,676
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    MelloDawg said:

Why not?

• hardhathardhat Member Posts: 8,343
    MelloDawg said:

Okay

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,653
    pawz said:

MelloDawg said:

Why not?

The judges will also accept the ProveItBitch.gif

• RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,162
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

As an AI language model, I don't have the ability to observe current events in real-time, but as of my training data cut off in 2021, there were no widespread reports indicating that freedom of speech was at risk at the University of Washington. However, it's important to note that the interpretation and protection of freedom of speech can vary and there may have been specific incidents or concerns raised by individuals or groups on the university's campus.

I'm surprised your coders didn't eliminate the use of the word that in your syntex tables.
  • RezMuttJeffRezMuttJeff Member Posts: 87
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper 5 Up Votes
     “In 2016, I was a strong supporter of a non-partisan initiative for a state carbon tax to discourage fossil fuel use, with the funds returned to state citizens (I-732).” Cliff Mass

I can’t take people seriously who favored a carbon tax to discourage fossil fuel use in 2016. They know too little about climate science and the great benefits of CO2 enrichment: Better C3 plant growth and moderating the climate, mainly for colder nations, mainly in the colder months of the year. And women wear fewer clothes to beat the heat.

On the other hand, it’s hard to believe that such a leftist biased belief as Cliff Mass had in 2016, would be criticized for not being leftist enough. It seems like that University of Washington was already a lost cause in 2016. It was not really a university, it was a leftist indoctrination center.
  • Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,762
    Founders Club

“In 2016, I was a strong supporter of a non-partisan initiative for a state carbon tax to discourage fossil fuel use, with the funds returned to state citizens (I-732).” Cliff Mass

I can’t take people seriously who favored a carbon tax to discourage fossil fuel use in 2016. They know too little about climate science and the great benefits of CO2 enrichment: Better C3 plant growth and moderating the climate, mainly for colder nations, mainly in the colder months of the year. And women wear fewer clothes to beat the heat.

On the other hand, it’s hard to believe that such a leftist biased belief as Cliff Mass had in 2016, would be criticized for not being leftist enough. It seems like that University of Washington was already a lost cause in 2016. It was not really a university, it was a leftist indoctrination center.

It’s been a leftist indoctrination center for over twenty years, at a minimum.
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,697
    Standard Supporter
    Like I said, it's everywhere. The U of O once sued, didn't say, "Hey, my bad". They just double down on fascism.

• TXDawgTXDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 817
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Founders Club
    I hope none of you are blowing your cash on paying for your kids ride to indoctrination UW.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,693
    Swaye's Wigwam
    We have a project underway in the U District

An incredible number of masks on students walking around

• GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    Standard Supporter
    I really want to believe this is parody.

But I can’t tell. Which is a tell.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,693
    Swaye's Wigwam

Her Twitter line seems real. Real bad
  • GoduckiesGoduckies Member Posts: 5,301
    First Comment 5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes

We have a project underway in the U District

An incredible number of masks on students walking around

Seriously? Still wow and unless they have asthma or fat they aren't even close to a risk.... f that.
  • GoduckiesGoduckies Member Posts: 5,301
    First Comment 5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes

Classic