Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

2000 Miami game

Tui played like shit, 3 interceptions, 2 of them were awful. Despite Ricky they got the win.

https://youtu.be/aMhAYAucpFk

Comments

• Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,022
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    no idea why butch thought 'what im doin here at the u will work in cleveland!'

nothing works in cleveland.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,629
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    NOGAF and that game has been discussed into the ground. UW got a big lead and held it long enough for the clock to run out. It's a win any way you look at it and a big one.
  • Options
    dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,268
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I was there man. Hands down one of the biggest most electric games at Husky Stadium. 1st round haymaker by the Huskies left goliath stunned. I thought the upper deck was going to come down on the fumbled punt early in the game.
  • Options
    PalmDawgPalmDawg Member Posts: 31
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    dannarc said:

I was there man. Hands down one of the biggest most electric games at Husky Stadium. 1st round haymaker by the Huskies left goliath stunned. I thought the upper deck was going to come down on the fumbled punt early in the game.

Sounds like you weren’t at 1990 vs USC.. I was at both.

The 2000 Miami game Tyler Krambrink set the tone right out of the gate. Miami wasn’t prepared for how physical UW was.
  • Options
    dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,268
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    PalmDawg said:

dannarc said:

The 2000 Miami game Tyler Krambrink set the tone right out of the gate. Miami wasn’t prepared for how physical UW was.
    I was at '90 SC also.
  • Options
    PalmDawgPalmDawg Member Posts: 31
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    dannarc said:

PalmDawg said:

dannarc said:

I was at '90 SC also.
    So you’d agree 1990 SC was better.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Even @MikeDamone knows the Michigan State game is best.
  • Options
    AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,998
    Swaye's Wigwam

Still the greatest sporting event I've ever been too, beating out the 2001 Rose Bowl even. It didn't seem like Tui had a bad game at the time but rewatching is painful. He made the plays when the game was on the line though. Football was also way different back then with the way QBs played.

Dorsey wasn't ready for that game and Husky Stadium and it made a huge difference. It also took Miami too long to figure out that Clinton Portis was their best back. It still easily could have been a 20+ point difference had Tui not had needless turnovers.

I went to Alabama at A&M a couple years ago. First time in the SEC, SEC, SEC. By far the best college football gayme I've ever attended. Better than Rose Bowl, better than any of the 300ish UW games I've been to.

Started to think which games would round out the top 5. In no particular order, (not counting bowl games since the games are usually secondary to the whole trip. But nothing beats pregame at the Rose Bowl. Unless you're Peterman or Rapp)

92 Nebraska. Place was so crazy when that safety happened.

81 SC game. Monsoon, Fred Small recovering the kickoff in the endzone and everyone in the stadium filled up their trash bags and ponchos with wind and they were blowing around the stadium. Clinched the Rose Bowl, since Wazzu doesn't matter, which 12 year old Alexis would be attending for his first Bowl game. The scoreboard said bring on the Jayhawks.

00 Oregon State. I may be remembering it more fondly than it really was at the time, but that game was loaded with talent, both sides. Tripplett's TFL to make the FG harder was huge.

And since I need one more, 1982 UCLA game. 10 vs 9. DJ posted the Tom Ramsey videos a while back. The final defensive stand was pretty amazing. Crowd was insane at times.

It got me to thinking how all those UW games I've been to, and an SEC league game (albeit a pretty big one, but still) was head and shoulders above.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

00 Oregon State. I may be remembering it more fondly than it really was at the time, but that game was loaded with talent, both sides. Tripplett's TFL to make the FG harder was huge

Emptermann to Triplett

We don't fucking lose to Oregon State

I know your being @sarktastic but Stan Emptermens didn't play QB, Triplett didn't play an eligible receiver position, and furthermore they didn't play on the same team.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,424
    Swaye's Wigwam
    And they lost to Oregon State the next year
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

00 Oregon State. I may be remembering it more fondly than it really was at the time, but that game was loaded with talent, both sides. Tripplett's TFL to make the FG harder was huge

Emptermann to Triplett

Shoutout Larry Tripplett. One of my favorite players in my formative psycho fan development years who rarely comes up. I have to admit Jerramy Stevens is one of my favorite players of all-time to watch based on pure skill and talent. Shame he was injured almost all of 2001.
    @trublue
    Only the first 6 inches were consensual
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,908
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Emptermann to Triplett

Shoutout Larry Tripplett. One of my favorite players in my formative psycho fan development years who rarely comes up. I have to admit Jerramy Stevens is one of my favorite players of all-time to watch based on pure skill and talent. Shame he was injured almost all of 2001.
    @trublue
    Unfortunately after working 25+ years in law enforcement some shit is creepy and not funny in any context
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Emptermann to Triplett

@trublue
    Unfortunately after working 25+ years in law enforcement some shit is creepy and not funny in any context
    “law enforcement”