Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Twitter is helping to reinforce my view that most people are fucking morons

SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,919
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Standard Supporter
edited January 2023 in Tug Tavern
Until very recently I've never engaged with anyone on Twitter. There a few people that I like and follow and that was it. Didn't ever read much of the comments and never commented myself. I should have kept it that way.

Here's a few nuggets of genius I learned over the last few days.

Trump's tax cuts were bad because they were never paid for and increased our debt, but all of the Covid spending, and Rat spending since Biden has taken over is "good" because it's paid for. When asked how it was paid for I was informed that we sold Treasury notes and that "paid" for it and didn't increase our debt.

Black cops in Memphis were only fired, arrested and prosecuted so swiftly because they were black. If they'd been white they'd still be free. When informed that Chauvin was fired the day after Floyd died and that he was arrested 4 days after Floyd died, and was then held in jail for nearly 6 months until he came up with a million dollar bond, while the Memphis cops weren't fired until the 20th and weren't arrested until the 26th and are all now currently out on $250K bail despite the fact that Nichols died on Jan. 10th I was accused of being a Chauvin apologist.

I really need to find a better hobby. Just like with my short lived experience with Nextdoor and the mentally challenged who post there, my posting days on Twitter needs to end. If I continue then I will win the award for who is the biggest moron on Twitter.

Comments

• 46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Rush always said that Twitter was not the real world. He wasn’t wrong.
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,701
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    81 million idiots ostensibly voted for a dementia patient for president. Only one person here on the Tug tried to explain their vote for a bought and paid for chicom asset and that person claimed he voted because of Cho Bai Den's "high character". No one else tried and mello still lies about his 2020 vote.
  • georgiaduckgeorgiaduck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,535
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Once in a while I get some useful info from Nextdoor, but I find it interesting how topics will go downhill so quickly. For instance- this am there was a warning of several coyotes seen in our area. My Great Dane isn't that concerned but our 10lb Havanese is keenly interested. A topic that is really about watch your little dogs at Sunset quickly sinks to "Too many white people encroaching on nature"

Twitter on the other hand is gold-Where else can I see a complete idiot like AOC have 13M followers, but God only has 6.2M (and the only person He follows is Justin Beiber)
  • georgiaduckgeorgiaduck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,535
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    And if I need to further prove my point: