Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    BroadcastingDawgBroadcastingDawg Member Posts: 1,245
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited January 2023
    Hop seems to have learned that Jamal Bey isn't a very good basketball player. Same goes for PJ Fuller. Both play very sparingly these days.

He's playing guys that are giving the team a lot more energy like Menifield and Johnson.

Bey spent the entire game sitting down sulking like a baby while his team was standing and cheering. So weak. Can't expect time in game when you can't even show leadership by putting the team first.
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,576
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Hop seems to have learned that Jamal Bey isn't a very good basketball player. Same goes for PJ Fuller. Both play very sparingly these days.

He's playing guys that are giving the team a lot more energy like Menifield and Johnson.

Bey spent the entire game sitting down sulking like a baby while his team was standing and cheering. So weak. Can't expect time in game when you can't even show leadership by putting the team first.

I'm not sure why Bey came back. Either no one else in D1 wanted him or he actually thought that his sixth year of development from this staff would do the trick. Fuller is a borderline ball handler for a PG at best and limited offensively. At least with the freshman you have the threat of putting the ball in the basket when they turn the ball over. I hate what little money I have and will be at the game on Saturday. Lower bowl tickets were cheap and I'm taking my daughter after her basketball game is over. I'm glad they beat ASU. They will think they still have something to play for and might give us a good effort. Here's to hoping.
  • Options
    BroadcastingDawgBroadcastingDawg Member Posts: 1,245
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I'm not sure why Bey came back. Either no one else in D1 wanted him or he actually thought that his sixth year of development from this staff would do the trick. Fuller is a borderline ball handler for a PG at best and limited offensively. At least with the freshman you have the threat of putting the ball in the basket when they turn the ball over. I hate what little money I have and will be at the game on Saturday. Lower bowl tickets were cheap and I'm taking my daughter after her basketball game is over. I'm glad they beat ASU. They will think they still have something to play for and might give us a good effort. Here's to hoping.
    Yo that's awesome. Hope you two have a great time!
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,113
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Would be nice to get a report as to what the environment was like and how it went. @theknowledge
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,576
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Would be nice to get a report as to what the environment was like and how it went. @theknowledge
    The crowd was decent. They announced a sellout and I'd say that there were maybe 8500-9000 in attendance. The first half was pretty good, crowd made some noise, team hit some nice one on one shots and forced some turnovers. The second half was an abortion. The Dawgs went really, really cold shooting and the Arizona big men were dissecting the zone by passing to wide open shooters for 3's or nifty inside passing leading to dunks. Hopkins being a stubborn fool kept them in the zone for too long. The crowd came to life for a hot minute when UW cut the lead from 16 to 10 with about 10 minutes left left but it wasn't to be. The key stat to the game was UW with 8 assists to Arizonas 25 assists. Just more of the same inefficient UW offense that we've seen for five years. Brooks is a nice player and damn if Menifield won't look good playing in the B1G next year. My 8 year old had a good time. Hec Ed is a nice place to watch a game and I really think this team has some pieces to be pretty good but Hopkins is just a horrible offensive coach with an antiquated defensive scheme for this day and age.