Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Huard Still Job-Hunting as Name Circulates Through Florida Schools

2»

Comments

• huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,339 Swaye's Wigwam
    He's going for the playing time, and will portal again when he has some better film.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,940 Swaye's Wigwam

Huard couldn’t beat out Morris for two years with two different staffs. That’s damning evidence. He was going to run behind Morris for a third straight year. Maybe, just maybe, Huard knows he’s not a D1 QB and thinks he can have fun and find success in 1AA. I wanted him to be great. I wanted him to be Kellen Moore but it seems obvious that he’s not. Good luck to him.

This is an engrish language version of what I was trying to get at. Perhaps he has realized he's not good enough, his ship has sailed, and just wants a place where he can win the job and enjoy the rest of his career.

Maybe it was a lack of interest from FBS programs that helped him realize it. Maybe the inability to pass DyMo is what did it. Maybe he's just honest with himself.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163

Doogles said:

That would be incredibly bizarre to land at Cal Poly. Is there a Huard connection with Wulff?

There's gotta be at least a dozen p5 schools that would take a 5-star with limited opportunity.

People can see the film. If you were the coach at Arizona, would you take him?
    Yes
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,042 Standard Supporter

Doogles said:

That would be incredibly bizarre to land at Cal Poly. Is there a Huard connection with Wulff?

There's gotta be at least a dozen p5 schools that would take a 5-star with limited opportunity.

Film? But, we’re you in the tunnel on the field?
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,711 Swaye's Wigwam

He's going for the playing time, and will portal again when he has some better film.

Doesn't hurt that his old HS coach is the OC at Cal Poly.

I'm guessing Wulff will let them design an offense around him
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,822 Swaye's Wigwam
    What D1 school could he get playing time with?

Exactly.
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    TheHB said:

Exactly.

Washington if Penix gets chopped at the knees
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,822 Swaye's Wigwam

TheHB said:

Exactly.

Washington if Penix gets chopped at the knees and Morris DIAFF
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    Assuming Huard can finish out his degree in the next 12 months, Cal Poly gives him the option to play, get the reps he desperately needs, and then the ability to jump back into the portal.

What is the benefit for him staying at UW on the bench next year?

We all know UW will be back in the portal market next year for a QB for 2024
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    My sources 😉 already have him to Cal Poly. Perfect setup. Sh(ay) Cross’s (ILTCHTTWILTD) offense is a close cousin to the Deboner/Grubb attack. Sam needs some reps, polish and some swag. I’m more bullish on Sam than most here. I never saw him as the 5star savior but the Deboner/Grubb offense is tailor made for his skill set.

Either way, I never boo the kids and Sam is a good one. Either way it will be interesting
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

Doogles said:

Yes
    Did you watch the Apple Cup? You keep saying Huard wasn’t worthless. He was.
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729

Doogles said:

Yes
    The equivalent of me saying you stink because you took a shit
  • ClevdawgClevdawg Member Posts: 118
    Yeah, I don’t think Florida is going to have a problem at qb for too long. Well as long as Huard only asks for less than 13 million. 13 was a bridge too far. That’s UW husky type money…. Oh wait ..

https://theathletic.com/4087681/2023/01/13/jaden-rashada-florida-gators-football/?amp=1
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,599
    Baseman said:

My sources 😉 already have him to Cal Poly. Perfect setup. Sh(ay) Cross’s (ILTCHTTWILTD) offense is a close cousin to the Deboner/Grubb attack. Sam needs some reps, polish and some swag. I’m more bullish on Sam than most here. I never saw him as the 5star savior but the Deboner/Grubb offense is tailor made for his skill set.

Either way, I never boo the kids and Sam is a good one. Either way it will be interesting

That could work out well for him and he'd still be pretty close to home. If he comes back, that would be cool by me too.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

Doogles said:

Yes
    The equivalent of me saying you stink because you took a shit
    There are more data points.