Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Jaguars quarterback Trevor Lawrence celebrates epic comeback win at Waffle House

Comments

• CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,708
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,483
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,226
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    Gotta hand it to him, he’s doing a great job on and off the field. If he is sincere, the well grounded persona he is projecting will grow a very loyal fan base. By the way, while Waffle House is no Beth’s Cafe, they do make worthy hash browns that can be heavily modified creating the ultimate tasty 3AM beer sponge.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,394
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    No fights at the waffle house?
  • DoogmanRefundDoogmanRefund Member Posts: 759
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary

Gotta hand it to him, he’s doing a great job on and off the field. If he is sincere, the well grounded persona he is projecting will grow a very loyal fan base. By the way, while Waffle House is no Beth’s Cafe, they do make worthy hash browns that can be heavily modified creating the ultimate tasty 3AM beer sponge.
    I always assumed that Beth’s sort of disappeared once indoor smoking was banned. I ate there once right before the ban and smoked about half a pack despite having never been a smoker. It felt right at the time.
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,226
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

I always assumed that Beth’s sort of disappeared once indoor smoking was banned. I ate there once right before the ban and smoked about half a pack despite having never been a smoker. It felt right at the time.
    It has been many moons since I’ve been to Beth’s. Once maybe 8 to 10 years ago and well over 30 years since it was a semi regular 3AM post bar hopping stop. I just checked online and it looks like they’re basically toast, appear to have been Jay Insleed with a side of way too high minimum waged. Damn shame, losing yet another slice of the old Seattle.

I kind of miss the vibe Seattle had in the 70s and 80s. It was grittier for sure, but because of that there were a lot of diners and dive bars slinging schooners of beer and tasty greasy spoon eats. There were homeless people too, but nothing like you see today. Progressives have ruined the place in all possible ways.