Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jaden Rashada, 2023 4* QB, Pittsburg (HS), CA (Offered)

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,612
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I've known for 20 years that Ruth is an idiot.

I made the mistake of subscribing to her site once (and Dawgman at the same time to see which I liked, back in like 2001).

When I went to cancel she insisted that I needed to call some number back east that wasn't even toll free.

I told her no, I'd be canceling online through the site just like I signed up online through the site.

She tried to act like she was more important and I had to follow her dumb fucking rules.

I told her to fuck off, and I just cancelled the subscription payment via my Visa card.

I won. She lost.

Cool story, I know.
    It takes a similar call to get away from doogman, or Scout, or 24/7, or whatever the fuck they are now, iirc. You could cancel your doogman sub online but had to make the call or you'd still be on the hook for $10.95 to the company.
  • Options
    HairyBallsDawgHairyBallsDawg Member Posts: 1,003
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    chuck said:

I made the mistake of subscribing to her site once (and Dawgman at the same time to see which I liked, back in like 2001).

When I went to cancel she insisted that I needed to call some number back east that wasn't even toll free.

I told her no, I'd be canceling online through the site just like I signed up online through the site.

She tried to act like she was more important and I had to follow her dumb fucking rules.

I told her to fuck off, and I just cancelled the subscription payment via my Visa card.

I won. She lost.

Cool story, I know.
    It takes a similar call to get away from doogman, or Scout, or 24/7, or whatever the fuck they are now, iirc. You could cancel your doogman sub online but had to make the call or you'd still be on the hook for $10.95 to the company.
    What a shitty business model. So glad Visa makes it easy to stop payment on that crap.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,612
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

I won. She lost.

Cool story, I know.
    What a shitty business model. So glad Visa makes it easy to stop payment on that crap.
    No shit. I still made the call though just to keep it clean. They're weasely enough to add that step to try and keep charging you. I didn't want them maintaining my account open status and trying to collect unpaid sub fees years later.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I too discovered the hard way that sites that charge for inside chinformation about underage boys are shady as fuck.

In retrospect I can't believe I didn't see that one coming.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

I too discovered the hard way that sites that charge for inside chinformation about underage boys are shady as fuck.

In retrospect I can't believe I didn't see that one coming.

can't wait for all of us to be arrested for the TBS board