Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

There are ___ NFL players on the roster

CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
Swaye's Wigwam
The 2016 roster ended up having alot of NFL talent on it. Who do you think ends up in the league from the current roster?

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/2023-nfl-draft-top-20-college-football-players-who-spurned-the-pros-to-return-for-another-season/

Comments

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,680
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2023
    I'll try without looking at the roster (it adds up to 22).

Penix
    Odunze
    McMillan
    Polk
    Fautanu
    Rosengarten
    Tuli L
    Tuitele
    Trice
    Culp
    Westover

So about 11 current starters. I threw Tuitele in there because I'm probably forgetting one anyways. He could break out though.

I expect there are a few more OL who haven't emerged yet. Call it 3.

2 more DL including the OLB. 1 of the incoming LBs too, and hopefully at least 2 of the young or incoming DBs.

Bernard and one of the incoming WR. 2

1 tight end.

Probably off by a mile.
  • Options
    dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,289
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Penis
    1RB somebody will have a cup of shitty NFL coffee(Davis)
    Odunze
    McMillan
    Westy
    Fatuanu
    Rosengarters
    Hatchet
    Tuli
    Trice
    Heims(take your screen shots now)
    ZTF
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Probably need a couple of guys to emerge on defense if this is going to be a playoff team but it's pretty sick that 3 high round picks came back this year. Feels like a Conference championship is low bar
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Hampton will be one of the oddities where he sucked in college and probably be an all pro I’m the NFL
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    If we're talking any time on a roster = NFL player then I'm going high. Like 25+

Basically guaranteed baring injury:
    Penix
    Odunze
    McMillan
    Polk
    Bernard
    Culp
    Westover
    Roger
    Troy
    Tuli
    Trice
    Muhammad
    Eddie

Others more likely to make it than not
    Hampton
    C Davis

Others that wouldn't surprise me to get a cup of coffee somewhere
    Turner
    Meesh
    Moore
    ZTF
    Kalepo
    Tupatula
    Bruener

Prospects who have a great shot if they develop
    Heims
    Otton
    Armon Parker
    D Bryant
    L Bryant
    E Davis
    Durfee
    Hatchett 2
    James
    Presley
    Reed
    Typo
    Rashid
    Lyons (assuming he has already signed and is coming here as rumored)
    Jackett
    Holmes
    Cuevas

Prospects who have a shot if they develop
    Boston
    Dunn
    Hatchett 1
    Brailsford
    Reynolds
    Gordon

I think Dillon Johnson is a pro too if we end up getting him here.

The big thing we don't know about this staff is how well they can develop outside of QB/WR and maybe OL. Early returns on the defensive side especially weren't particularly promising outside of edge. If this staff can develop there are a lot of future pros here. Even if they're just average to above average I'm sticking with 25+. McKeefery seems to be the real deal which is a huge piece of the puzzle.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,412
    Founders Club
    Canadawg said:

The 2016 roster ended up having alot of NFL talent on it. Who do you think ends up in the league from the current roster?

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/2023-nfl-draft-top-20-college-football-players-who-spurned-the-pros-to-return-for-another-season/

kind of an indictment for sucking so bad in 2015
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,961
    Founders Club

Canadawg said:

I agree. That year was as frustrating as any. It almost seemed like winning was secondary to the ‘process’, almost rising to a level of arrogance.
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,706
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Canadawg said:

At the time I thought 2015 was a huge success. From what I remember like the entire team graduated/left early from 2014 and I thought it would be a great sign if Petersen got them to 6-6 and a bowl. Thought 2016 would be the next step where they go to like a Holiday Bowl or Alamo Bowl but they popped way quicker. I think because the 2016 had more talent than we thought at the time and because Ross took off.

It's doogish but thought about this not long before in connection to the talent levels on the 2016 Alabama and UW teams maybe being closer than we thought at the time. Though that has a lot to do with how much those Bama players have underwhelmed in the NFL.
  • Options

Canadawg said:

I don't really agree with this. True frosh QB, RB and LT. I don't think we? massively underperformed in 2015, especially considering that true frosh QB was Jake Browning. Did we leave some games on the table? Sure.

Remember John Ross didn't play a snap that year.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Canadawg said:

I don't really agree with this. True frosh QB, RB and LT. I don't think we? massively underperformed in 2015, especially considering that true frosh QB was Jake Browning. Did we leave some games on the table? Sure.

Yeah, was and is always a good year in my book. All the loses were pretty close other than at a Top 5 Stanford where Browning was hurt and Magna Carta-Samuels couldn't get the ball over the line. Should have beaten Oregon but Browning hurt on the final drive actually played a factor in that.

Nice win at USC, blowout of ranked Coug, and blew out easy opponent is shit bowl. Not bad.
  • Options

Canadawg said:

At the time I thought 2015 was a huge success. From what I remember like the entire team graduated/left early from 2014 and I thought it would be a great sign if Petersen got them to 6-6 and a bowl. Thought 2016 would be the next step where they go to like a Holiday Bowl or Alamo Bowl but they popped way quicker. I think because the 2016 had more talent than we thought at the time and because Ross took off.

It's doogish but thought about this not long before in connection to the talent levels on the 2016 Alabama and UW teams maybe being closer than we thought at the time. Though that has a lot to do with how much those Bama players have underwhelmed in the NFL.
    Jalen Hurts is going to put a lot of distance in that metric but generally I agree. We weren't as far off from them as people think/thought. It's a shame we didn't play them better when we had the chance.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Canadawg said:

Jalen Hurts is going to put a lot of distance in that metric but generally I agree. We weren't as far off from them as people think/thought. It's a shame we didn't play them better when we had the chance.
    Yeah Hurts vs. Browning is the big variable, though it didn't seem as pronounced at the time. It's also depth and weak spots. UW was actually better or just as good in a lot of spots but Bama didn't have spots like UW where they had to rely on Psalm and a true freshman Nick Harris.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Canadawg said:

And '17/'18

This feels like it might be UWs best chance at an elite season for a couple years seeing as the high school recruiting hasn't been top end for the last couple seasons. I'm not sold on being able to entirely build teams effectively with the portal
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,655
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2023
    dnc said:

Canadawg said:

Losing to Boise, Cal, Utah, ASU (who we were up by multiple TD's on) was fireable.

Plus the usual Petersen just 🐢 up like a fucking loser and hope Oregon beats themselves routine.

Basically a doogish apple cup performance and SC win kept that season from being really bad. Oh but the metrics loved us.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    NOC. Once they leave Mountlake it doesn’t matter to this rabid DAWGFAN.

WOOF!
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

dnc said:

Canadawg said:

Losing to Boise, Cal, Utah, ASU (who we were up by multiple TD's on) was fireable.

Plus the usual Petersen just 🐢 up like a fucking loser and hope Oregon beats themselves routine.

Basically a doogish apple cup performance and SC win kept that season from being really bad. Oh but the metrics loved us.
    In fairness the metrics from 2015 predicted 2016.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

haie said:

dnc said:

Canadawg said:

Because we lost close and won big against shit teams.

But 2015 was a huge failure.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

chuck said:

haie said:

dnc said:

Canadawg said:

Both things can be true.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

haie said:

chuck said:

haie said:

dnc said:

Canadawg said:

Both things can be true.
    Yep.

But Pete could have thrown us? a limp dick 10 win season that year.