Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

W O O F -- Deven Bryant

124»

Comments

• TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,550
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Quite obviously we don’t need no stinking inside linebackers
  • PenacePenace Member Posts: 494
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Maybe I was wrong about this guy. I am/was lukewarm, mostly because he is a midget. Maybe @ 5-11 195 he can be an effective inside linebacker at this level?
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Penace said:

Maybe I was wrong about this guy. I am/was lukewarm, mostly because he is a midget. Maybe @ 5-11 195 he can be an effective inside linebacker at this level?

He's not 5-11 195, so we can start with that
  • EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,439
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    dannarc said:

People forget that BBK was 4'11 and 187lbs

I hated BBK until he got really good. Like hated him as much as I hated Psalm Wooching
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,556
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

dannarc said:

I hated BBK until he got really good. Like hated him as much as I hated Psalm Wooching
    We typically hate players when they're bad and like them when they're good

And when BBK was good, he was fucking good
    Sometimes the roster management in the Petersen era was FUBAR. Why didn’t they redshirt BBK in 2015? They played him on punt and KO coverage when he was 200lbs. Maybe less. If they’d had him as a RS senior in 2019 that team wins the league again.
  • EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,439
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

dannarc said:

Sometimes the roster management in the Petersen era was FUBAR. Why didn’t they redshirt BBK in 2015? They played him on punt and KO coverage when he was 200lbs. Maybe less. If they’d had him as a RS senior in 2019 that team wins the league again.
    One of the worst burned redshirts I can think of. He was so fucking bad early in his career, and so fucking good when he left. I would have killed to have another year of him in the middle of our defense.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dannarc said:

One of the worst burned redshirts I can think of. He was so fucking bad early in his career, and so fucking good when he left. I would have killed to have another year of him in the middle of our defense.
    This would be a fun masochistic trip down memory lane. Worst burned redshirts tourney? Tui has to be the #1 seed.
  • whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,240
    Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

dannarc said:

This would be a fun masochistic trip down memory lane. Worst burned redshirts tourney? Tui has to be the #1 seed.
    That would be a fun debate for sure. But I am not convinced 5th year senior Tui would have been better than sophomore Cody since Reggie changed the offense significantly.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,708
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

dnc said:

dannarc said:

Colin Porter. Maybe his shoulders were always going to be fucked up but I always blamed it on him being thrust onto the field at 18 or 19. I had a major Doog boner for that kid.
    #metoo
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,724
    Swaye's Wigwam
    whlinder said:

dnc said:

dannarc said:

That would be a fun debate for sure. But I am not convinced 5th year senior Tui would have been better than sophomore Cody since Reggie changed the offense significantly.
    Back in the day the wishbone teams always had one speedy big time wideout who would be wide open the two or three times they threw the ball

Imagine Reggie as the lone end while Tui ran the option. Tui did not have great wideouts but they lived in the film room and were gym rats. Wes Welker types

Today Reggie would portal if Tui had come back
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    whlinder said:

dnc said:

dannarc said:

I always thought Reggie would have made the 2000 team a true natty threat.

I have a hard time thinking 2001 doesn't do better with Tui though obviously not as good as 2000 thanks to the drop-off on OL. But Tui being able to scramble around and throw it up for Reggie would have been a lot of fun.
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,556
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

whlinder said:

dnc said:

dannarc said:

I have a hard time thinking 2001 doesn't do better with Tui though obviously not as good as 2000 thanks to the drop-off on OL. But Tui being able to scramble around and throw it up for Reggie would have been a lot of fun.
    The dual threat of Tui would have masked the line shortfalls and the team would have been able to muster a consistent running game. That team probably wins the Pac and plays in another Rose Bowl. Would have loved to see it.
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,587
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

whlinder said:

dnc said:

dannarc said:

The dual threat of Tui would have masked the line shortfalls and the team would have been able to muster a consistent running game. That team probably wins the Pac and plays in another Rose Bowl. Would have loved to see it.
    The helplessness of the running game haunted the offense for Pickett's entire time at UW. Tui in his place would've made those teams light years better. It's not as if he couldn't pass the ball.
  • whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,240
    Standard Supporter

dnc said:

whlinder said:

dnc said:

dannarc said:

The losses were blowouts at UCLA & Oregon State. Plus of course the U beatdown.
    I'm willing to accept that it was possible. No idea if we would have won the Pac if we had flipped one of those games, since we would have been 7-1 in conference and tied with Oregon in the year we didn't play Oregon. Oregon's conference loss was higher in the standings than ours, but our non-con loss may have been the tiebreaker then like it was in 2000.