Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

JT Tuimoloau, 5* 2021 DL, Bellevue (Eastside Catholic), WA (Offered 9/22/17)

Comments

• EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,439
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Am I dooging and saying you could say to Emeka and JT that they would have been in the CFP anyway yesterday if they had just gone to UW?

I think it’s probably dooging. Egbuka is a slightly better version of McMillan, and would definitely be an upgrade over our number 3 receiver. JTT would be in a rotation with Martin/Trice/ZTF, and could play inside some in passing downs. Neither plays a position we are weak at, so I’m not sure how much of a difference they would have made. Would I prefer to have both? Fuck yeah, I’m just not sure they would be enough to put this team in the playoff.
    chuck said:

Am I dooging and saying you could say to Emeka and JT that they would have been in the CFP anyway yesterday if they had just gone to UW?

Probably a bit. Not impossible though.

JTT, a big corner and a big safety probably would've helped more. They have some dudes. *We weren't lacking at receiver.
    These are probably the right answers. Still, the doog in me wants to say having these two guys in the rotations would push them past ASU at least.

I've been pretty vocal about my lack of impression with JTT. I think Egbuka is a different level than any of UW's receivers and he could have had an impact on kick returns if he did them. Egbuka to me is kind of like a combined McMillan/Odunze with a deluxe car wash package.
    It wouldn’t have taken much to push us past ASU, so you could be right. I might be underrating EE a little bit saying he’s only slightly better than McMillan, but McMillan from Oregon onward was fucking lights out. All that being said, Jimmy Lake sucks. He fucked us out of a legit bumper crop.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

I think it’s probably dooging. Egbuka is a slightly better version of McMillan, and would definitely be an upgrade over our number 3 receiver. JTT would be in a rotation with Martin/Trice/ZTF, and could play inside some in passing downs. Neither plays a position we are weak at, so I’m not sure how much of a difference they would have made. Would I prefer to have both? Fuck yeah, I’m just not sure they would be enough to put this team in the playoff.
    chuck said:

JTT, a big corner and a big safety probably would've helped more. They have some dudes. *We weren't lacking at receiver.
    These are probably the right answers. Still, the doog in me wants to say having these two guys in the rotations would push them past ASU at least.

I've been pretty vocal about my lack of impression with JTT. I think Egbuka is a different level than any of UW's receivers and he could have had an impact on kick returns if he did them. Egbuka to me is kind of like a combined McMillan/Odunze with a deluxe car wash package.
    It wouldn’t have taken much to push us past ASU, so you could be right. I might be underrating EE a little bit saying he’s only slightly better than McMillan, but McMillan from Oregon onward was fucking lights out. All that being said, Jimmy Lake sucks. He fucked us out of a legit bumper crop.
    JT across from Trice. Yeah good luck.
  • DawgDaze71DawgDaze71 Member Posts: 701
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

chuck said:

I don’t think egbuka is a different level. Or at least not by much.

He has more tools overall but hasn’t lived up to his hype IMO.

If you swapped him for Odunze I don’t think UW has a better season.

I would also hesitate to swap him for JMac, who is a big time clutch performer.
    Emeka is turned out exactly how I thought he'd be. I said he was the #1 player in the state not JTT. I remember seeing a junior photo of Emeka's legs and I remembered my brothers talk about playing with Lake Dawson and how incredible his legs were in strength. Egbuka doesn't rely on speed his game comes from that lower body that lets his body cut and accelerate to match his excellent footbal IQ. I absolutely agree with your statement ...swap Rome and Egbuka and you're going to get similiar results. Rome came in along with McMillan as the less techically proficient WR but more physically gifted. Rome has done an excellent job tighting up his craft and now McMillan needs to address his physicality and they'll have a chance on Sundays.

• PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited January 2023

chuck said:

I don’t think egbuka is a different level. Or at least not by much.

He has more tools overall but hasn’t lived up to his hype IMO.

If you swapped him for Odunze I don’t think UW has a better season.

I would also hesitate to swap him for JMac, who is a big time clutch performer.
    Emeka is turned out exactly how I thought he'd be. I said he was the #1 player in the state not JTT. I remember seeing a junior photo of Emeka's legs and I remembered my brothers talk about playing with Lake Dawson and how incredible his legs were in strength. Egbuka doesn't rely on speed his game comes from that lower body that lets his body cut and accelerate to match his excellent footbal IQ. I absolutely agree with your statement ...swap Rome and Egbuka and you're going to get similiar results. Rome came in along with McMillan as the less techically proficient WR but more physically gifted. Rome has done an excellent job tighting up his craft and now McMillan needs to address his physicality and they'll have a chance on Sundays.

This post makes me uncomfortable. I will not look at his legs. Just won’t.

• WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,398
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Fuck this dude for not just transferring to UW. Dude, why not?
  • coach_pete_JPGcoach_pete_JPG Member Posts: 1,203
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

He wants to be developed, not paid.
    What money just can’t buy

• rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,009
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

next transfer period is in may, there still tim!