Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

What I'm hearing

BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
My mother worked in the private sector, Kunt.

I have a brother and a sister that are retired teachers.

Boasting about receiving your dead mother’s pension while criticizing the benefits retired police officers have earned takes balls.

Comments

• Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,845
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    After 25+ years in law enforcement some things just aren’t funny.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,188
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Ah fuck

What did I do now?
  • Options
    SkipBoydSkipBoyd Member Posts: 403
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    dnc said:

SkipBoyd said:

I’ve been lurking for years and only recently joined this wonderful Mecca of idea exchange. One of the reasons I don’t post more is, despite reading thread after thread and post after post, I still have no idea what’s going on.

P.S. I know, LEAVE!

None of us know everything that is going on here. Just chime in on the stuff you do get, fake it til you make it with the rest, and always be prepared to have a digital train run on you at any given tim no matter what you say.

ENJOY!
    Thanks!
  • Options
    dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,280
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Yeah, I didn't read that much into his comments. He basically said the focus is keeping Washington kids home and dominating California. He noted that the 5-star kids that USC wants will stay home. So what. How many five-star players does UW ever get from anywhere, let alone Southern California. Yet even still, there is so much talent there that UW should be able to stock its program with great players (a lot of them need a year or two in the program to develop -- that's going to be where DeBoner earns his keep).

He didn't really say anything that was surprising or worrisome, imho. It was basically a story about how he's gotten to where he is and why he's at Washington. The dude is confident. And the article noted the staff booted Glenn down to director of player development while making the Oregon guy (Henkle?) director of recruiting and a former Michigan guy as director of scouting. Bruce Harrell's daughter is director of on-campus recruiting.

So it sounds like the grown ups are in charge. (Except in the AD's chair, and until that changes, I'm not going to get my hopes up even though I'm doogin more than I have since Peterman first came on board.)

• Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    dannarc said:

Yeah, I didn't read that much into his comments. He basically said the focus is keeping Washington kids home and dominating California. He noted that the 5-star kids that USC wants will stay home. So what. How many five-star players does UW ever get from anywhere, let alone Southern California. Yet even still, there is so much talent there that UW should be able to stock its program with great players (a lot of them need a year or two in the program to develop -- that's going to be where DeBoner earns his keep).

He didn't really say anything that was surprising or worrisome, imho. It was basically a story about how he's gotten to where he is and why he's at Washington. The dude is confident. And the article noted the staff booted Glenn down to director of player development while making the Oregon guy (Henkle?) director of recruiting and a former Michigan guy as director of scouting. Bruce Harrell's daughter is director of on-campus recruiting.

So it sounds like the grown ups are in charge. (Except in the AD's chair, and until that changes, I'm not going to get my hopes up even though I'm doogin more than I have since Peterman first came on board.)

Objection. Non-responsive.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,643
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

SkipBoyd said:

I’ve been lurking for years and only recently joined this wonderful Mecca of idea exchange. One of the reasons I don’t post more is, despite reading thread after thread and post after post, I still have no idea what’s going on.

P.S. I know, LEAVE!

I created this site, and I don't know what's going on 19% of the tim
    It's working.

Stalin created a place for you fags to discuss quook matters without moderation and with some interaction from husky fans. Green blood, ntxduck, brewing duck and some others are doing good work. Stop fucking it up.

What. A joke. We have been season ticket holders for many many years. I have been going to Duck games for over 60 years. My Dad, Step dad and Uncle all graduated from Oregon and were in the same fraternity together.

My Mother and Aunt graduated from Oregon. My Uncle was a professor at Oregon for 30 plus years and died professor emeritus from the University. Oregon is one of my Alma Maters.

I think I am a “real” Duck. I would put my Duck Bona Fides up against anyone here.

Internet "real" fan hot air without proof. Can you post some certificates or something?

Funny how you can’t believe anyone that isn’t a rabid Husky fan. I watched Bob Schloredt play. Were you still a little gleam in you daddies eye.

Here is my uncle:

Landscape architect marks 100th birthday
    APPEARED IN PRINT: SUNDAY, OCT. 10, 2010, PAGE E7
    George Jette, emeritus professor of landscape architecture at the University of Oregon, celebrated his 100th birthday in Green Valley, Ariz., surrounded by family, friends and former students. The gala event included a picnic at the Madera Canyon in the Santa Rita Mountains near Tucson. The birthday activities were planned by daughters Suzanne Jette Guier of Eugene and Green Valley, and Sharon Jette Wallenberg of Eugene and Redding, Calif.

Jette was born on Oct. 13, 1910, in Portland. He graduated from Jefferson High School and the UO, and was a Sigma Chi. He was a professor of landscape architecture at the UO for 35 years, and also had his own business.

He and his wife, Elberta Wilson Jette, were married 71 years. His sons-in-law are Jeff Guier and Bob Wallenberg. He has two grandsons and two great-grandchildren.

Jette ran track, played basketball, caddied and enjoyed golf. He designed many gardens in this area, and some of his work has been featured in Sunset Magazine. He helped in the planning of the Hendricks Park Rhododendron Garden and the Mount Pisgah Arboretum. He helped in the UO’s “100 years — 100 Trees” project, among many other community projects.
    That all looks familiar.
  • Options
    coronabruincoronabruin Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,478
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2023

SkipBoyd said:

P.S. I know, LEAVE!

DerekJohnson making inane statements as usual. DerekJohnson ignorant moron hypocrite and whacko leftist bigot. Your the one that made the stupid comment you craven nutjob. Now your using the obfuscation gambit favored by many leftist blowhards. Someone posts an innocent article about working men and women at a peaceful protest…
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,235
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

SkipBoyd said:

P.S. I know, LEAVE!

DerekJohnson making inane statements as usual. DerekJohnson ignorant moron hypocrite and whacko leftist bigot. Your the one that made the stupid comment you craven nutjob. Now your using the obfuscation gambit favored by many leftist blowhards. Someone posts an innocent article about working men and women at a peaceful protest…
    That all looks familiar.
  • Options
    dirtydrugsdawgdirtydrugsdawg Member Posts: 29
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

SMOKING WEED (aka GRASS) is NOT a good idea. I’ve tried it (back in the day) and it was WORSE than anything that happened to HUNTER BIDEN. I “toked up” with some buddies in Kentucky and woke up 4 days later in Nairobi, Kenya. With no idea what happened. DON’T DO DRUGS.

Sounds like a Tuesday.
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,491
    Founders Club
    edited January 2023

SkipBoyd said:

P.S. I know, LEAVE!

It's working.

Stalin created a place for you fags to discuss quook matters without moderation and with some interaction from husky fans. Green blood, ntxduck, brewing duck and some others are doing good work. Stop fucking it up.

What. A joke. We have been season ticket holders for many many years. I have been going to Duck games for over 60 years. My Dad, Step dad and Uncle all graduated from Oregon and were in the same fraternity together.

My Mother and Aunt graduated from Oregon. My Uncle was a professor at Oregon for 30 plus years and died professor emeritus from the University. Oregon is one of my Alma Maters.

I think I am a “real” Duck. I would put my Duck Bona Fides up against anyone here.

Internet "real" fan hot air without proof. Can you post some certificates or something?

Funny how you can’t believe anyone that isn’t a rabid Husky fan. I watched Bob Schloredt play. Were you still a little gleam in you daddies eye.

Here is my uncle:

Landscape architect marks 100th birthday
    APPEARED IN PRINT: SUNDAY, OCT. 10, 2010, PAGE E7
    George Jette, emeritus professor of landscape architecture at the University of Oregon, celebrated his 100th birthday in Green Valley, Ariz., surrounded by family, friends and former students. The gala event included a picnic at the Madera Canyon in the Santa Rita Mountains near Tucson. The birthday activities were planned by daughters Suzanne Jette Guier of Eugene and Green Valley, and Sharon Jette Wallenberg of Eugene and Redding, Calif.

Jette was born on Oct. 13, 1910, in Portland. He graduated from Jefferson High School and the UO, and was a Sigma Chi. He was a professor of landscape architecture at the UO for 35 years, and also had his own business.

He and his wife, Elberta Wilson Jette, were married 71 years. His sons-in-law are Jeff Guier and Bob Wallenberg. He has two grandsons and two great-grandchildren.

Jette ran track, played basketball, caddied and enjoyed golf. He designed many gardens in this area, and some of his work has been featured in Sunset Magazine. He helped in the planning of the Hendricks Park Rhododendron Garden and the Mount Pisgah Arboretum. He helped in the UO’s “100 years — 100 Trees” project, among many other community projects.
    I feel like there’s a George Jetson joke in there somewhere.