Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Lincoln Riley calls Nick Holt an "elite defensive coordinator"

... is probably an archived quote somewhere

Comments

• Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    but is Holt ELITE? or just elite?
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,481
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Someone needs to dig up puppy's Lincoln Riley "metrosexual head coach" meltdown when he lost to Georgia.

Dude cannot beat try hard G6/MW teams with blue blood talent.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,616
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

Someone needs to dig up puppy's Lincoln Riley "metrosexual head coach" meltdown when he lost to Georgia.

Riley fucking sucks and looks like a hipster wannabe fag. We knew it. No news here.
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,541
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Riley is the most overpaid coach and I have no clue what he is paid.

He looks good playing easy teams but not when it counts.

SC - the best team one can buy. flops again
  • Options
    chuck said:

haie said:

Riley fucking sucks and looks like a hipster wannabe fag. We knew it. No news here.

Sucking a dick once doesn't make you a cocksucker. Exceptions can be made, in Reillys case.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Baseman said:

chuck said:

haie said:

Sucking a dick once doesn't make you a cocksucker. Exceptions can be made, in Reillys case.
    He wasn't sucking it. He was just measuring it.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,481
    Swaye's Wigwam

Since I'm here to beat my chest, I recall a time when EVERYONE.gif on Hardcore Husky was pissed that USC made the "big dick hire," and UW "settled" for DeBoner at a paltry sum. My response: "Uh, you could burn through three DeBoers and still be in less debt than USC. I'd take my chances getting that hire right with three tries of cheap guys than spending $121 million on a guy who's never put a successful defense on the field in his life and who thinks Alex Grinch is a fine DC."

I was roundly criticized.

My point still stands: If Riley isn't the guy, USC is fuuuuuuuuucked. Se also: Mel Tucker. We're in this Bizarro World in which schools intentionally overpay for coaches just to demonstrate their commitment. It's fucking stupid. I'd like to see schools get back to pay structures that are more incentive based than just handing a hundred million dollars of guaranteed money to some chucklefuck.

Riley just turned in basically Clay Helton's 2020 season.
  • Options

Since I'm here to beat my chest, I recall a time when EVERYONE.gif on Hardcore Husky was pissed that USC made the "big dick hire," and UW "settled" for DeBoner at a paltry sum. My response: "Uh, you could burn through three DeBoers and still be in less debt than USC. I'd take my chances getting that hire right with three tries of cheap guys than spending $121 million on a guy who's never put a successful defense on the field in his life and who thinks Alex Grinch is a fine DC."

My point still stands: If Riley isn't the guy, USC is fuuuuuuuuucked. Se also: Mel Tucker. We're in this Bizarro World in which schools intentionally overpay for coaches just to demonstrate their commitment. It's fucking stupid. I'd like to see schools get back to pay structures that are more incentive based than just handing a hundred million dollars of guaranteed money to some chucklefuck.

Except for @Baseman. Get your cataracts fixed. Read the trades
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Example 18,364,739,274,646 of why @1to392831weretaken is dialed in.

@HeretoBeatmyChest
    @reggieisgod

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Are you trying to say that there is a tendency to overreact on HCH?
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,866
    Founders Club

Are you trying to say that there is a tendency to overreact on HCH?

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

a hundred million dollars of guaranteed money to some chucklefuck.

Hey fuckoff.

But for real though, I don't remember posting it much but I had the same take on Riley to USC. It wasn't the best of times to criticize unless one was ready to argue about it and fend off the dooging label. Most were enamored with the sizzle at the time and most of the positive feelings about Deboer were squelched by the uproar over UW going Mtn West/cheap while SC big dicked a blue blood.

Hiring him guaranteed USC some level of relevance as they head to the B1G, the ability to keep bringing in Heisman candidates on offense, and ten years of bad defense that will never allow them to win anything important.

They did win another Heisman though. I guess that's great.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,777
    Founders Club
    Baseman said:

Except for @Baseman. Get your cataracts fixed. Read the trades
    * ahem *