Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

? on Kirkland

RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,667 Founders Club
I see he's not projected in the 1st 3 rounds. What's the knock on him? I think he'll be pretty good.

Comments

• chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,941 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2023
    RoadTrip said:

I see he's not projected in the 1st 3 rounds. What's the knock on him? I think he'll be pretty good.

I guess the narrative on him must already be focused on injury history or the fact that he wasn't a great left tackle. Maybe he has to go prove that he isn't a Trey Adams type story...great early then a gradual decline in ability due to injuries. I think he'll do fine at that. He never looked slow, stiff or weak out there this season.

Guards don't go as high as tackles though, plus the bias toward WR and defensive guys who play standing up is getting worse.. Maybe it's more of a function of projectors jerking off over skill guys and edge rushers and filling their first three rounds with them.
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,279 Swaye's Wigwam
    Whether Kirkland is actually good or not is something I think most negadoogs have wrestled with in recent seasons.