Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Ohio State

Comments

• Options
    SluggoRouteDawgSluggoRouteDawg Member Posts: 145
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Ryan Day is a millennial John Cooper.

Ryan Day’s next move is a toupee
  • Options
    ClevdawgClevdawg Member Posts: 118
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    The funny part of the OSU debacle is Knowles is the new D coordinator for the Buckeyes. Coombs got shit canned the year before by the Buck nuts for being ass. Knowles game plan against Michigan was described as arrogant. Man to Man for over 75% of snaps. He probably saw all the talent and said it could be done but he was showed scheme matters. Knowles came from Oklahoma State and was a failed head coach at Cornell. I guess if I needed to understand how likely letters work he is my guy but Dipshit Day is stuck with him for another season and they will choke again. UW problem is we are cheap as fuck and upper campus won’t pay. Buckeyes problem is like Texas. Buckeyes believe they are just born better and everything will be ok. Enjoy the next two years dawg fans. I thought our cheap hire was a nice guy that can’t make the leap to next level. I was wrong. But I did say that if he does win he will leave because UW won’t pay. But as a Husky this year and next is awesome!!
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,581
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    chuck said:

Clevdawg said:

The funny part of the OSU debacle is Knowles is the new D coordinator for the Buckeyes. Coombs got shit canned the year before by the Buck nuts for being ass. Knowles game plan against Michigan was described as arrogant. Man to Man for over 75% of snaps. He probably saw all the talent and said it could be done but he was showed scheme matters. Knowles came from Oklahoma State and was a failed head coach at Cornell. I guess if I needed to understand how likely letters work he is my guy but Dipshit Day is stuck with him for another season and they will choke again. UW problem is we are cheap as fuck and upper campus won’t pay. Buckeyes problem is like Texas. Buckeyes believe they are just born better and everything will be ok. Enjoy the next two years dawg fans. I thought our cheap hire was a nice guy that can’t make the leap to next level. I was wrong. But I did say that if he does win he will leave because UW won’t pay. But as a Husky this year and next is awesome!!

Many parts of this post seem a little out of touch with the times when it comes to UW.
    Yeah

UW is certifiably serious about football again
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,503
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

Clevdawg said:

Many parts of this post seem a little out of touch with the times when it comes to UW.
    Reads like a godawgst "we will be targeting Idaho State walk-ons as soon as next year" shitpoast.
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

chuck said:

Clevdawg said:

Reads like a godawgst "we will be targeting Idaho State walk-ons as soon as next year" shitpoast.
    With all the new NIL money we have, any idea where the 24 class will rank (serious question)

Do like us renting Grubb for a extra 400k for 2023 season though.

• Options
    Jeez 1 11 win season and people think upper campus writes checks like A&M now? I pray our over carbohydrated AD that models part time as the official Karen meme for Instagram has a reason to open the check book in 4 years. Looking at the decisions that she has made I don’t believe it. Hope I am wrong. The worst part is that we have the money!! We have the money!!
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,629
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Clevdawg said:

Jeez 1 11 win season and people think upper campus writes checks like A&M now? I pray our over carbohydrated AD that models part time as the official Karen meme for Instagram has a reason to open the check book in 4 years. Looking at the decisions that she has made I don’t believe it. Hope I am wrong. The worst part is that we have the money!! We have the money!!

You haven't been paying attention and I'm not going to spoon feed you. The 11 wins contributed to the momentum, but there were obvious signs that things have evolved at UW, and that the money is being spent, before win #11 happened.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,503
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    godawgst said:

haie said:

chuck said:

Clevdawg said:

With all the new NIL money we have, any idea where the 24 class will rank (serious question)

Do like us renting Grubb for a extra 400k for 2023 season though.

Ranked? Just raw high school gets?

You've lost the argument before you've even started.
  • Options
    The best piece of advice I ever got was being told to see the world as it is, not as I want it to be. I advise you consider doing the same. The world as it is:

Program: Washington Huskies
    Our boy Kalen
    Total pay: $3,100,008

Program: Minnesota “Gophers”
    P.J. Fleck, Minnesota — $6 million

Granted Minnesota affectionately refers to it self as the “U”. One number is seemingly larger than the other by 2x. Now my dear 8 thousand poaster if you really want to be pissed compare Athletic department revenue to football coaches salaries. UW not serious about the sport. Period. The 600k to keep an assistant is a nice token. But a token nonetheless. Rhule and Dickle Fickell 7+

1. Luke Fickell salary: $7.8 million (Wisconsin)

And for the final point Oregon State pays their head football coach more or less than the 11 win Dawgs? Wait what !!!!! I’m a big fan. And yep I donated but until the board of regents Change my dear poaster accept our reality and enjoy the next two years. Because if that boy Kalen keeps winning carbohydrate insta model Jen can’t pay …. even if she wanted to.

• Options
    They suck And yet they pay more ……
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,346
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2023
    Clevdawg said:

They suck And yet they pay more ……

Do either have a $2 million assistant?
  • Options
    In total, 34 FBS assistants are making $1 million or more this year. And 16 are in the SEC. The only people that need to wake up are the fans that that think we pay.
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,573
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    UW had 7+ million on the table for what the country sees as a legitimate P5 coach in Matt Campbell. He said no. Jen moved on to a guy with 1.5 years of MW head coaching experience. Both Fickell and Fleck took G5 teams to a NY6 game. As has been stated, if he continues to win he will get paid. Paying Grubb is a note to DeBoer that results get competitive money at UW plus Grubb is on a shorter contract.

Jumping to pay a new coach big money:
    Ex. Hopkins, Mike
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,629
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

How fucked up is society when an assistant coach of a college football team gets 2 million per year? I blame the SEC. But you have to play the game.

Agree. Is what it is. I do think the job is hard as fuck, they have to work 24/7 to earn those big dollars, and there's a constant, ulcer inducing threat of losing one's career quickly for failing to quickly deliver on the expectations that come with all that money.

Still though.