Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comparing 2022 and 2016 starters

The WR thread got me comparing this roster to 2016.

On offense I would only swap MMFG and maybe Sample and McGary

On defense I would take everyone from 2016 except the Martin and Trice on the edge

Comments

• LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,300
    Fair, but it’d have to be WR1 for WR1, so you sit Rome?

John Ross and Penix would be fire
  • dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,361
    Yup, Big Penix > Brownsock we would have '16 Natty rather easily...maybe throw Grubb in there
  • whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,601 Standard Supporter
    dannarc said:

Yup, Big Penix > Brownsock we would have '16 Natty rather easily...maybe throw Grubb in there

2016 also needed a right guard to handle Jonathan Allen. Nick Harris is a Husky legend but true freshman Nick was mismatched.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,498 Swaye's Wigwam

I watched the game last night again and this time I looked for Smalls one play of this season and it was impressive

I have him as a first team pre season All American with JTT

I forgot about that Smalls TFL flash. Was actually super promising
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,498 Swaye's Wigwam

I’m taking 2016 Ross over any year of any UW receiver ever not named Reggie.
    Im not. Couldnt deliver when we needed him to the most
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186

He carried Browning as far as he could. Absolutely showed up (against NFL DB’s) in the conference title game despite Jack’s best efforts to throw a pick six. Burned Adoree. Just didn’t have what it takes to elevate Browning to competent against that Alabama defense. I don’t blame Ross for that.

He carried Browning as far as he could. Absolutely showed up (against NFL DB’s) in the conference title game despite Jack’s best efforts to throw a pick six. Burned Adoree. Just didn’t have what it takes to elevate Browning to competent against that Alabama defense. I don’t blame Ross for that.
    Ross fumbled away desperately needed points against Bama.

Id take McMillan

Ross fumbled away desperately needed points against Bama.

Id take McMillan
    I think our two guys now are better than Pettis and almost as good as Ross, but not quite. Ross was a true game breaker. That speed played at the college level.
    Pettis was good in different ways than our current guys. He was unreal on kick return
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,803 Swaye's Wigwam
    The catch Ross made in the CCG won me over. It may have even looked crazier in person, but it encapsulated how he saved Brownsox’s bacon on a regular basis.

Ross made his QB better than he was.