Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

DTR

theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,575
5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
Swaye's Wigwam
Back spasms after his third pick. Good business decision. Chip Kelly’s five year plan to loose the Sun Bowel is almost complete.

Comments

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Ha ha. UCLA pulled it out. Chip is still a fat, lazy check cashing machine. DTR is still a front running bitch. Garbers won the game for them. He’d of been good under KDB/Grubb.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I know because I watch all the shitty games. What a choke.
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Chip develops QB’s!

D. Moore, what a dumbass.

He gets to waste his talent at a school that doesn’t give a crap about football.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    still better than cokehead dan
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,511
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    46XiJCAB said:

Chip develops QB’s!

D. Moore, what a dumbass.

He gets to waste his talent at a school that isn't Eugene

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

I ask again: how do you picture it going for UCLA teams in Madison or East Lansing in mid-November? They are better off hanging out in the West. At least in the Pac they can underachieve in nicer places.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

still better than cokehead dan

I don't think that's even close to obvious based on what I've seen to date. Recruiting is not even a discussion. Chip is shitty at it. Coaching? Well, make the case for Chip.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I ask again: how do you picture it going for UCLA teams in Madison or East Lansing in mid-November? They are better off hanging out in the West. At least in the Pac they can underachieve in nicer places.
    They are a better fit out west. For sure. They mismanaged their AD so bad for so long that staying was untenable. Between getting the UA money back in the lawsuit and the money from the B1G deal they’ll be solvent for a few years. They will most likely squander the windfall in raises and infrastructure and neither of those will fix the fact no one wants to watch this team play football. I think if you got any of their power brokers in a room alone they’d admit this isn’t a long term answer for them and that they’d prefer to stay with Cal out west than leave with USC. Staying in the Pac, saving the national perception of the conference and helping sweeten the new TV deal arguably would have been a bigger dick move than leaving. Betting on yourself and all that but California grifters gotta grift.
  • Options
    flatusflatus Member Posts: 877
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment First Anniversary
    Standard Supporter

Indeed, as have all Husky fans esp the last 25 years.

J/k! Not really.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,918
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

They are a better fit out west. For sure. They mismanaged their AD so bad for so long that staying was untenable. Between getting the UA money back in the lawsuit and the money from the B1G deal they’ll be solvent for a few years. They will most likely squander the windfall in raises and infrastructure and neither of those will fix the fact no one wants to watch this team play football. I think if you got any of their power brokers in a room alone they’d admit this isn’t a long term answer for them and that they’d prefer to stay with Cal out west than leave with USC. Staying in the Pac, saving the national perception of the conference and helping sweeten the new TV deal arguably would have been a bigger dick move than leaving. Betting on yourself and all that but California grifters gotta grift.
    For a short-time, I was acquainted with a head coach of a UCLA varsity team in a sport that the coach himself played at UCLA. I asked him once, why is USC so much better? UCLA has the better campus location, has all kinds of advantages, what's the deal. Without hesitating, he said that USC people identify with being a Trojan and care long after they leave the school. UCLA people, in his opinion, are the opposite. They go there for what they wanted academically and they leave and the stop giving a shit. Basically that the alumni factor is not even close to being comparable. People are generally not really into being Bruins. They move on. SC people don't lose the connection.

Anyway, one guy's opinion. And like I said, he's alumnus and a former coach.
    I was in a hotel bar once with a pre-wedding dinner happening in the dining room. I think the bride was a USC alum and bridesmaids giving toasts were ending with “Fight On!”
  • Options
    DoogmanRefundDoogmanRefund Member Posts: 760
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary

For a short-time, I was acquainted with a head coach of a UCLA varsity team in a sport that the coach himself played at UCLA. I asked him once, why is USC so much better? UCLA has the better campus location, has all kinds of advantages, what's the deal. Without hesitating, he said that USC people identify with being a Trojan and care long after they leave the school. UCLA people, in his opinion, are the opposite. They go there for what they wanted academically and they leave and the stop giving a shit. Basically that the alumni factor is not even close to being comparable. People are generally not really into being Bruins. They move on. SC people don't lose the connection.

Anyway, one guy's opinion. And like I said, he's alumnus and a former coach.
    I was in a hotel bar once with a pre-wedding dinner happening in the dining room. I think the bride was a USC alum and bridesmaids giving toasts were ending with “Fight On!”
    My cousin had a cameo appearance by Bucky the Badger at her wedding in Madison about 10+ years ago. I’m certain she couldn’t have named a single player from the current Wisconsin team, like their QB Russell Wilson.
    If UCLA can’t keep up with USC fans who say “Fight on” after wedding speeches, how are they gonna hang with that Midwest level of obsession.