Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

My Huff

dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

The difference between UW and tOSU is the same as the difference between tOSU and #29.

Pay that man his money.

Never a doubt.

Comments

• GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,487 Standard Supporter

Huff☝️☝️

I chortled
  • EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,149

However the reason Penix had his worst game was because he got the most pressure. Sacks aren't the only thing that matters other than beating Oregon. Pressure leads to picks and incompletions

All that being said for the first time in years the UW O line didn't bitch out completely facing a 4 and 5 star south to southwest D line. They fought and battled and in the 2nd half they ran it down their throats.

Good stuff and deserving of props

My How did the O Line get good power ranking

DeBoer
    Grubb - O line coach and OC who moved Penix around to avoid sacks
    Penix - lived in the film room
    Huff - someone needed to do the beer run

I kid

Allegedly

Chinned for this. The reason Penix doesn't get sacked more often is most likely his ability to get rid of the ball quickly. He looked like crap in the first half and the pressure, up the middle, was a big reason why.
  • SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,966 Founders Club
    I watched the game with a Florida fan and even he admitted our line was TUFF.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,945 Swaye's Wigwam

I'll admit. I was 100% wrong about Huff. Although I think Grubb being here instead of Donovan is the real reason for the drastic difference in OL performance.

Feel great for guys like Kirkland and Bainavalu who stuck it out and ended on a high note

Morris would've taken a few sacks in the Alamo Bowl and probably about twice as many as Penix during the season. It would've still been a good year for the OL. There's just such a huge difference between a QB with pocket sense and one without it.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

Kwat, Choate, and Bo Davis are a formidable DL staff. Combined with them being fucking Texas and getting to hand pick whoever they want at DL, and it's no surprise that that was by far their best unit.

Hats off to Huff and the boys for taking care of business. Not just Pac-12 tuff, but genuinely one of the best OL in all of college football. Something we haven't been able to say since the 90s.

wish we had this OL in 2016. Would have done some real damage.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    Swaye said:

FireCohen said:

Kwat, Choate, and Bo Davis are a formidable DL staff. Combined with them being fucking Texas and getting to hand pick whoever they want at DL, and it's no surprise that that was by far their best unit.

Hats off to Huff and the boys for taking care of business. Not just Pac-12 tuff, but genuinely one of the best OL in all of college football. Something we haven't been able to say since the 90s.

If you put this OL and Penix with that 16 defense we might actually beat Bama.
    i would think we probably win the natty
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    FireCohen said:

Swaye said:

FireCohen said:

If you put this OL and Penix with that 16 defense we might actually beat Bama.
    i would think we probably win the natty
    Depends who is coaching