Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

I have a theory about Russell Wilson and his "personal coach" Jake Heaps

bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,901
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Standard Supporter
www.si.com/nfl/broncos/.amp/news/russell-wilson-jake-heaps-involvement-broncos

Remember in the movie Braveheart when the prince appointed his best friend as his battle strategist?

Comments

• Options
    FireTheJanitorFireTheJanitor Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,483
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment First Anniversary
    Founders Club

Remember in the movie Braveheart when the prince appointed his best friend as his battle strategist?

The Heaps/Wilson dynamic has always made zero sense. 710 loves hiring hangers on like Gee Sr. and this dipshit. Oh you cleaned the cars of a couple Seahawks and they like you? Here’s your gig Sr. Oh you fluff Russell’s balls better than anyone in Seattle and are willing to also do it on the flagship station every day? Here’s your gig dipshit Heaps.

Mike Salk is worthless 😆 Brock Huard should be ashamed for participating
  • Options
    biak1biak1 Member Posts: 3,987
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Ultra religious weirdos are weird. Who knew?
  • Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,250
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Russ is a “team player”. Team Russ…
  • Options
    bigccbigcc Member Posts: 893
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

It’s hilarious to me that Russ hired someone who is younger than him, failed at every pit stop he took post high school, and couldn’t even cut it in the Canadian football league to be his QB guru.

The vast majority of coaches didn't play at a high level. Lincoln Riley was a walk on who never played a college snap.

It's an entirely different skill set.
  • Options
    bigccbigcc Member Posts: 893
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

bigcc said:

It’s hilarious to me that Russ hired someone who is younger than him, failed at every pit stop he took post high school, and couldn’t even cut it in the Canadian football league to be his QB guru.

The vast majority of coaches didn't play at a high level. Lincoln Riley was a walk on who never played a college snap.

It's an entirely different skill set.
    Riley worked his way up and gained experience though. Heaps went from failed college/NFL QB to being the personal QB coach overnight.
    That's a very good point, you would think that Russ would have wanted someone with a bit more experience....

Something tells me he's not destined to be in the position for long lol
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

The Heaps/Wilson dynamic has always made zero sense. 710 loves hiring hangers on like Gee Sr. and this dipshit. Oh you cleaned the cars of a couple Seahawks and they like you? Here’s your gig Sr. Oh you fluff Russell’s balls better than anyone in Seattle and are willing to also do it on the flagship station every day? Here’s your gig dipshit Heaps.

Mike Salk is worthless 😆 Brock Huard should be ashamed for participating
    I agree. Huard is a good broadcaster IMO. he has a schtick that he exaggerates a bit with the changes in intonation, but it's his and it's original so WGAF. Dude knows his stuff but keeps it on the surface.

I thought he was good from the very beggining.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    biak1 said:

Ultra religious weirdos are weird. Who knew?

I honestly wonder if Russ is actually religious. Everything about that guy is phony af. His pressers are PAINFUL. Like listening to Biden painful. I used to think Golden Tate was an asshole for screwing Russ' first wife and liked Percy Harvin for knocking Tate out (Harvin is, or was, an otherwise irredeemable POS).

Now, I'm thinking how shitty it must have been to be married to that guy and don't blame her or anybody.