Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Coach Prime to the Colorado Buffaloes?!

Comments

• backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Coach Prime should beat up on more than underfunded HBCUs

From his 27-5 record at JSU, the dude literally has two wins against non-HBCU schools. One-score wins against Delta State (who?) in 2021, a team that finished 5-6, and Campbell (who?) this year, which also finished 5-6.

Coach Prime should probably beat up on more than underfunded HBCUs before we crown his ass.

But he’s coaching a HBCU school. That’s the level he’s at. Eddie Robinson didn’t beat Bama either.
    An HBCU that vastly out recruits their competition and is insulated from the entirety of the rest of the FCS. SWAC teams won't even go to the playoffs, they just won't.

Let's see how Prime does when the obscene talent advantage evaporates.

And ...???????????????? Why do you think that is?

I'm always amazed when people get criticized for being successful.
    If you think you can extrapolate his relative talent advantage at Jackson State to a P5 program then go ahead and make the case.

I'm personally skeptical. It's one thing to cash-in on your name recognition and out-recruit the underfunded dinosaurs at Grambling and Alcorn State, and it's another thing entirely to do that against a major college football program with endless coffers of fuck-you money to throw around. People like to bring up Deboer running train on the NAIA when he was at Sioux Falls because "winners win". But Deboer also had to cut his teeth at numerous assistant coaching pitstops and a mid major gig before a P5 program even considered ringing his phone. Prime has skipped a few steps because he's Prime, and Colorado is desperate.

So all that's to say that this Prime hype train is out of control and eager for an epic derailment. And I'm a simple man, so I simply bet against sizzle when I see it. That strategy hasn't let me down yet.
    What would you set the Buffs o/u on regular season wins at for next year?
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,428
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

From his 27-5 record at JSU, the dude literally has two wins against non-HBCU schools. One-score wins against Delta State (who?) in 2021, a team that finished 5-6, and Campbell (who?) this year, which also finished 5-6.

Coach Prime should probably beat up on more than underfunded HBCUs before we crown his ass.

But he’s coaching a HBCU school. That’s the level he’s at. Eddie Robinson didn’t beat Bama either.
    An HBCU that vastly out recruits their competition and is insulated from the entirety of the rest of the FCS. SWAC teams won't even go to the playoffs, they just won't.

If you think you can extrapolate his relative talent advantage at Jackson State to a P5 program then go ahead and make the case.

I'm personally skeptical. It's one thing to cash-in on your name recognition and out-recruit the underfunded dinosaurs at Grambling and Alcorn State, and it's another thing entirely to do that against a major college football program with endless coffers of fuck-you money to throw around. People like to bring up Deboer running train on the NAIA when he was at Sioux Falls because "winners win". But Deboer also had to cut his teeth at numerous assistant coaching pitstops and a mid major gig before a P5 program even considered ringing his phone. Prime has skipped a few steps because he's Prime, and Colorado is desperate.

So all that's to say that this Prime hype train is out of control and eager for an epic derailment. And I'm a simple man, so I simply bet against sizzle when I see it. That strategy hasn't let me down yet.
    Wrong. The O/U is 5
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,512
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

Should beat csu. Every other game on the schedule is a probable loss except for Stanford and the Arizona schools. So o/u Should be around 3.5
  • BuffBuffPassBuffBuffPass Member Posts: 322
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    ntxduck said:

Should beat csu. Every other game on the schedule is a probable loss except for Stanford and the Arizona schools. So o/u Should be around 3.5
    That's not even true with the current roster plus incoming transfers and recruits, much less what the roster will look like by summer. Nebraska at home a "likely loss"? LOL.
    edited December 2022

ntxduck said:

That's not even true with the current roster plus incoming transfers and recruits, much less what the roster will look like by summer. Nebraska at home a "likely loss"? LOL.
    You’re not gonna get enough transfers on the lines in year 1 to do anything meaningful. Nebraska will be favored + will have more fans there just like last time they played in Boulder.

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

You’re not gonna get enough transfers on the lines in year 1 to do anything meaningful. Nebraska will be favored + will have more fans there just like last time they played in Boulder.

No clue where you're getting any of this from. I count 8 incoming transfers on the lines in the last 2 days. Washington, Bebee, Jatta, Brown and Wilty on the offensive side and Cokes, Kneeland and Alston on the defensive side. And this isn't like it's even close to what we will bring in before the summer. The roster is going to be turned over and it's easier than ever to do with the portal and lack of needing to sit out a year.

Nebraska won't be favored. Not even their fans think that.
    edited December 2022

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

No clue where you're getting any of this from. I count 8 incoming transfers on the lines in the last 2 days. Washington, Bebee, Jatta, Brown and Wilty on the offensive side and Cokes, Kneeland and Alston on the defensive side. And this isn't like it's even close to what we will bring in before the summer. The roster is going to be turned over and it's easier than ever to do with the portal and lack of needing to sit out a year.

I see 5 line transfers. 3 are fcs (and not highly regarded in any way), 1 is from Kent state, And one is a non-factor from wva. Good luck.

We can revisit this in august. Living in CO I get you guys haven’t had a lot to be excited about, but your roster will be dreck and your forced qb starter is dreck. Nebraska will have more talent and prime can only beat teams he has lots more talent than.
  • El_KEl_K Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,085
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Is Coach Deion going to win it all for Sal Aunese?
    ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

I see 5 line transfers. 3 are fcs (and not highly regarded in any way), 1 is from Kent state, And one is a non-factor from wva. Good luck.

We can revisit this in august. Living in CO I get you guys haven’t had a lot to be excited about, but your roster will be dreck and your forced qb starter is dreck. Nebraska will have more talent and prime can only beat teams he has lots more talent than.
    Almost none of that is true, starting with claiming 5 line transfers (when the post literally gave you the names of 8) and ending with some nonsense about "can only beat teams he has more talent than" but also pretty much everything in between. I get you're fairly new to college football because you're an Oregon fan, but the Buffs are back and will not be a 3 win team next year.

ntxduck said:

I'm personally skeptical. It's one thing to cash-in on your name recognition and out-recruit the underfunded dinosaurs at Grambling and Alcorn State, and it's another thing entirely to do that against a major college football program with endless coffers of fuck-you money to throw around. People like to bring up Deboer running train on the NAIA when he was at Sioux Falls because "winners win". But Deboer also had ito cut his teeth at numerous assistant coaching pitstops and a mid major gig before a P5 program even considered ringing his phone. Prime has skipped a few steps because he's Prime, and Colorado is desperate.

Yes yes it is. Nebraska will still probably have more talent and a better coach.

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

5 FCS guys and a Kent State/directional michigan transfer. Yawn.
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

Almost none of that is true, starting with claiming 5 line transfers (when the post literally gave you the names of 8) and ending with some nonsense about "can only beat teams he has more talent than" but also pretty much everything in between. I get you're fairly new to college football because you're an Oregon fan, but the Buffs are back and will not be a 3 win team next year.
    He said 3.5 wins fucknut.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,711
    Founders Club

Nobody is saying to "crown his ass". But I think Colorado made a brilliant hire. Time will tell how well your post ages.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,711
    Founders Club

DeBoer is 90% plus in NAIA

Didn't beat Bama either

Winners win

Exactly
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Prim Tim is a motherless whore.

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

Actually 1 P5, 2 MAC, 3 FCS and 2 JC. I'd put the P5 transfer at or near the bottom of the list. For example, the directional Michigan transfer you play down was graded 18th in the nation against the run last year by PFF as a soph. I'll take that any day of the week. All of these guys had many offers from other P5 programs and good ones at that. Still need DTs and probably another IOL or 2, but there are about to be many more players hitting the portal after the bowl games.

The other thing is Charles Kelly recruited for Bama through signing day as part of his agreement with Saban. He's the #1 recruiter in the country per 247 and will absolutely pull out DLs out of the portal along with Nick Williams.

Meanwhile, of course the lines are important but we keep stacking up talent in other positions. Jimmy Horn Jr and Seydou Traore announced for the Buffs yesterday. Traore was all-Sun Belt and the Utes were expecting him to be their next great TE. Horn is a stud too with offers from Penn St, TAMU and a bunch of other P5 programs. Recruiting class (combined HS and transfer) is now up to #23 nationally. Not bad for a coach who has been on the job less than a month while coaching another team and having coaches actively recruiting for other teams.

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

Actually 1 P5, 2 MAC, 3 FCS and 2 JC. I'd put the P5 transfer at or near the bottom of the list. For example, the directional Michigan transfer you play down was graded 18th in the nation against the run last year by PFF as a soph. I'll take that any day of the week. All of these guys had many offers from other P5 programs and good ones at that. Still need DTs and probably another IOL or 2, but there are about to be many more players hitting the portal after the bowl games.

The other thing is Charles Kelly recruited for Bama through signing day as part of his agreement with Saban. He's the #1 recruiter in the country per 247 and will absolutely pull out DLs out of the portal along with Nick Williams.

Meanwhile, of course the lines are important but we keep stacking up talent in other positions. Jimmy Horn Jr and Seydou Traore announced for the Buffs yesterday. Traore was all-Sun Belt and the Utes were expecting him to be their next great TE. Horn is a stud too with offers from Penn St, TAMU and a bunch of other P5 programs. Recruiting class (combined HS and transfer) is now up to #23 nationally. Not bad for a coach who has been on the job less than a month while coaching another team and having coaches actively recruiting for other teams.
    stud cmon man, those schools obviously wanted him in the gadget Giles Jackson role, he wasn't even a game breaker at USF. JC and FCS transfer U!
    Seydou is good, too bad he'll have to play with an embarrassing QB.
    Lol ok pal:

"There has been no crazier time in recent memory for college football than the age of the transfer portal. People love it, coaches hate it, and media is torn on it. What everyone knows for sure is it allows teams to rebuild faster and success to be sustained. And any team looking to add Jimmy Horn Jr. will be adding the best wide receiver in the transfer portal."

https://nittanylionswire.usatoday.com/lists/transfer-portal-stars-jimmy-horn-jr-wide-receiver/

"I'm fully expecting Shedeur Sanders to light the FBS up next year. Likely, Colorado will not be competing nationally, yet, but Sanders is a bonafide star and should put up massive numbers in his first season in the Pac-12. The only reason he's this far down the list is because we truly don't know what the roster or coaching staff will look like under Coach Deion Sanders. But, we know Sanders is committed to winning, and his son, Shedeur Sanders is going to be a huge part of what he tries to establish in Boulder. Shedeur Sanders is going to bring his electric dual-threat capability to the Pac-12 this season."

https://www.oddschecker.com/us/insight/football/ncaaf/20221213-2023-heisman-watch-an-early-ranking-of-the-top-10-candidates-for-the-2023-heisman-trophy

Heisman hype might be a little much and it's not a 100% lock that he is a superstar at the P5 level, but to say he's garbage is just biased nonsense. He was a 4 star recruit and has done nothing to diminish rating (e.g. DJ U) that in college so far. "Garbage QB" he is not.