Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Gladiator

Comments

• BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Swaye said:

But still, this Crowe's 2nd best performance...

Rum, sodomy and the lash first.

Most realistic depiction of "Ships were wood but the men were iron" naval cannon battles ever made and it isn't close.

Master really stands alone as the king of this genre. I can't think of another flick about age of wood and sail naval warfare that's even comparable. Seems like an underserved marketplace.
    You couldn’t sound more old, rich, and white.
    @BennyBeaver we're taking the family to London for Spring Break. Gonna take a choo choo down to Portsmouth to tour the HMS Victory.

We've already toured the HMS Surprise in San Diego- i.e., the boat used for filming in Master.

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,044
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited December 2022
    I cannot imagine anything scarier in war than being below decks manning a cannon and facing a broadside from 50 yards away. You had to have nerves of steel for that shit. I'd rather charge no man's land WWI style than do that.
  • alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,849
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I did a tour of the USS CONSTITUTION in Boston. They said after the first shit was fired; you could hear, and the cabin was full of smoke. It was per craziness.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,391
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I know @YellowSnow knows this, but I'm pretty sure most shitty Omegas cost more than a BB58. Wait for a shit ski season that you can skip out on and then use that money on the next watch.
  • Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,955
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

I know @YellowSnow knows this, but I'm pretty sure most shitty Omegas cost more than a BB58. Wait for a shit ski season that you can skip out on and then use that money on the next watch.

But what will @YellowSnow complain about then? 😉

(Love ya Yella!)
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

(Love ya Yella!)
    Yes, a Seamaster Pro or Speedmaster costs more than a Tudor BB '58. But @BleachedAnusDawg doesn't have an Omega for the running joke here.

For the record, I'm still intrigued by the Blue Dial Pelogos.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,391
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

(Love ya Yella!)
    Yes, a Seamaster Pro or Speedmaster costs more than a Tudor BB '58. But @BleachedAnusDawg doesn't have an Omega for the running joke here.

Right. But if I wanted an Omega I'd buy a Rolex. ;)
  • Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,955
    Standard Supporter

(Love ya Yella!)

The MILFs at the country club would love it.
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,680
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Doogles said:

Swaye said:

But still, this Crowe's 2nd best performance...

Rum, sodomy and the lash first.

Most realistic depiction of "Ships were wood but the men were iron" naval cannon battles ever made and it isn't close.

Master really stands alone as the king of this genre. I can't think of another flick about age of wood and sail naval warfare that's even comparable. Seems like an underserved marketplace.
    You couldn’t sound more old, rich, and white.
    @BennyBeaver we're taking the family to London for Spring Break. Gonna take a choo choo down to Portsmouth to tour the HMS Victory.

We've already toured the HMS Surprise in San Diego- i.e., the boat used for filming in Master.

Fuck the kids, buy a Rolex!
    It's never gonna happen for me @BleachedAnusDawg . Sad. I'm a loser.

It's not just Mrs Snow's insatiable appetite for blowing money on travel. This season alone I will spend more on passes, lessons, gear than the cost of a Tudor BB '58. Add in new Mt Bikes, fly fishing gear and the White Wakanda lifestyle gets expensive.

The best I can hope for is to buy another shitty Omega and wait to inherit my old man's Coke GMT Master II.

@pawz where you at Pod? Queef some skiing talk outta that short brunette loving twat of yours.

Alas, the skiing is on hold until the other side of the year. The radiator in the whip started pissing coolant all over the compartment. FML.

• biak1biak1 Member Posts: 3,982
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

This thread went from gladiator movies to being in the navy to watches.

This thread should know when it’s conquered.
    Founders Club

This thread went from gladiator movies to being in the navy to watches.

Founders Club
    Blue dial Tudor Pelogos is nails.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,698
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Elizabeth the Golden Age had a decent sea battle as the Spanish Armada lost the Ryder Cup in a storm

The Protestant Wind was a vicious wind. Proof that me and @dnc 's Engrish speaking, Protestant God is the one true God.

Winners Win @creepycoug .
    The sun set on the British empire 200+ years ago Yella. Those protestant pigs still worship at the alter of their king for Christ's sake. My people were writing poetry when those heathens were still inventing depression in winter caves.

Please.
  • coronabruincoronabruin Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,478
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

I cannot imagine anything scarier in war than being below decks manning a cannon and facing a broadside from 50 yards away. You had to have nerves of steel for that shit. I'd rather charge no man's land WWI style than do that.

After seeing the new AQOTWF I’m going to respectfully disagree with you. Also, fuck fighting in any sort of jungle.