Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Caleb Presley, 2023 4* CB (Eastside Catholic) (COMMITTED)

Comments

• Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,478
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Love or don't love the kids tape and intangibles it's probably a good thing for optics if nothing else to make sure the top rated recruits in the state 1. Go to UW 2. Don't go to Oregon

Yeah, its definitely good for optics. By the same token, I don't get why we're giving so little attention to Limar and letting him flip to our rivals. Like..... just take the local 4* guy. If he sucks he can portal.
    I like that this thread is talking about taking local 4*s because it looks good and in the Junior Alexander thread we talk about how the local 4*s suck
    Those aren’t mutually exclusive poonts. You can think the local 4 stars suck but still take a few to bolster your chances with the local 5 stars when they pop up. Having local kids on the team is important for perception.
    Like Smalls and huard ;)
    They suck, but I'd rather get the local 5 stars than lose them like JTT, Egbuka, Taylor Mays, Shilling, etc.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,515
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited December 2022

Love or don't love the kids tape and intangibles it's probably a good thing for optics if nothing else to make sure the top rated recruits in the state 1. Go to UW 2. Don't go to Oregon

Yeah, its definitely good for optics. By the same token, I don't get why we're giving so little attention to Limar and letting him flip to our rivals. Like..... just take the local 4* guy. If he sucks he can portal.
    I like that this thread is talking about taking local 4*s because it looks good and in the Junior Alexander thread we talk about how the local 4*s suck
    Those aren’t mutually exclusive poonts. You can think the local 4 stars suck but still take a few to bolster your chances with the local 5 stars when they pop up. Having local kids on the team is important for perception.
    Like Smalls and huard ;)
    They suck, but I'd rather get the local 5 stars than lose them like JTT, Egbuka, Taylor Mays, Shilling, etc.
    247 has a gift for overrating wa kids. I thought huard would be good. I admit. But heaps and brown I never understood. Jtt at this point while a starter is hardly living up to his billing. Emeka is great.

I know not all those kids are 5 stars, just a lot of overrating. Presley at least looks fast to me and our db room is terrible so i think he helps.
    Cody bruns redux
  • Options
    doogvilledoogville Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    According to the twitters, Presley is still undecided and may not sign tomorrow.

I can't handle the ups & downs. But this would be a tough optics hit since everyone assumed his flip was inevitable.
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Why announce before tomorrow when you can make news as a major flip on signing day.

He gone.

• Options
    FireTheJanitorFireTheJanitor Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,483
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment First Anniversary
    Founders Club
    46XiJCAB said:

Why announce before tomorrow when you can make news as a major flip on signing day.

He gone.

Tasteful reverse jinx attempt here, I can appreciate it, I’ve been there. We? landed Shaq Thompson when I did the same on Dawgman back in the day. Not comparing Caleb to Shaq, don’t twist.
  • Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,294
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    doogville said:

According to the twitters, Presley is still undecided and may not sign tomorrow.

I can't handle the ups & downs. But this would be a tough optics hit since everyone assumed his flip was inevitable.

Doog me says they are floating BS to people to make it feel like a surprise
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Doogles said:

dnc said:

Like Smalls and huard ;)
    There's probably a decent argument at this point that the local 5 star QBs are a waste of space but otherwise agree, much rather get the local 5s than not, despite a few busts here and there.

You can add Jonathan Stewart to the positive list too.
    Not sure how I forgot Stewart. He ran my brother over so hard back in the day. One of my buddies who played for Centralia made it on ESPN because he got run over twice by Stewart in the same play
    That's weird because my buddy dominated him sophomore year.
    I dominated your mother sophomore year.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Officially a Dawg
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,515
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    dnc said:

He literally said "The moment the whole nation is waiting for" 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

All-time weirdo
  • Options