Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Should there be a UW-UO prediction thread?

Comments

• Options
    I predicted a Huskies win but posted it to /cfb instead of here.

It still counts.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Baseman said:

trublue said:

Canadawg said:

Is this the Oregon team that got choke slammed by the southern Dawgs? Or is it the one that needed a Ward aneurysm in the 4th to beat Coug?

Lots of nooging considering we? have the same amount of ranked wins as the Duck does. No 7-2 UW team should be scared of this flawed team.

38-35 UW

Interesting take considering Washington has played 6 of their 9 games at Husky Stadium (6-0). Washington has only played 3 games on the road (1-2).

Oregon has played 4 of their 9 games at home.

Start talking about flawed teams after you beat Oregon and/or Wazzu away from the friendly confines of Husky Stadium.

Have you ever touched a woman?🤷‍♂️
    necrophilia count, or nah?
    trublue said:

Baseman said:

trublue said:

Canadawg said:

Is this the Oregon team that got choke slammed by the southern Dawgs? Or is it the one that needed a Ward aneurysm in the 4th to beat Coug?

Lots of nooging considering we? have the same amount of ranked wins as the Duck does. No 7-2 UW team should be scared of this flawed team.

38-35 UW

Interesting take considering Washington has played 6 of their 9 games at Husky Stadium (6-0). Washington has only played 3 games on the road (1-2).

Start talking about flawed teams after you beat Oregon and/or Wazzu away from the friendly confines of Husky Stadium.

How about asking me to my face, you SICK FUCK?
    Idaho address?
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,834
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Baseman said:

Baseman said:

trublue said:

Canadawg said:

38-35 UW

trublue said:

Baseman said:

trublue said:

Canadawg said:

38-35 UW

How about asking me to my face, you SICK FUCK?
    Idaho address?
    It is common knowledge that all Idaho throwdowns take place at One Shot Charlies in Harrison.

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,615
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I don't even want to waste time on the score but I know Oregon's offense will never punt or commit a turnover. Nix might not have an incomplete pass.

I've seen the movie 10 times now where Oregon has a shitty defense but then is nails against Washington. The Husky offense probably struggles to score until the game is pretty much out of reach and Penix throws a couple picks. The offense and Penix have quietly sucked against any defense with even a hint of a pulse, which Oregon's has and this will be their first real road game, which is especially terrifying with their reliance on changing plays at the LOS.

I've officially given up. They have a HC who has 110% fake solar panel salesman vibes, a super autistic OC who has been shit everywhere going off, and a QB who was average for years in college football suddenly unstoppable. Also, quietly 75% of their players who actually make their plays are guys who were mid-level Pac-12 recruits, if not lower, with little NFL potential. It's best to just not care anymore.

I'd almost rather go back to the Pete USC years or the Chip Oregon/Prime Stanford years because I at least understood why they couldn't compete with those teams, even if UW is technically probably more competitive now.

Oh man @WoolleyDoog. Fake solar panel salesman? If Pup was here he'd be running your ass.
  • Options
    DuckvilleGDuckvilleG Member Posts: 22
    First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary

chuck said:

People are throwing out oredictions in scattered threads. This makes it hard, for those so inclined, to bring them up later and mock people.

I think @haie week warrants it's own thread.

UO 49
    UW 28

The duck offense isn't one dimensional, has excellent running backs and a running QB. Franklin is good and there's plenty of speed all over the field. UW won't be able to slow down the offense let alone stop it. 49 is conservative.

Penix playing from behind seems to bring out careless plays and UW receivers have had tons of drops in critical situations. All Oregon will need is a couple of first quarter stops and the route will be on.

I'd honestly flip that around and peg it as UW 49, UO 28 or 31. UW is going to win this game, jinx or no jinx. Oregon is good, but nobody has the answers for UW's passing attack. I'm also convinced it will be gone with the wind when big penix leaves, so live it up now boys. QBs like this don't roll in with every recruiting cycle.

The only way I think a team beats UW is if they have a monolithic D line that just overwhelms every O line they play. I agree Oregon has improved their pass rush from what we? can tell, but not by enough. It has to be the kind of D line that is in Penix's face almost immediately after the snap ... the kind that pushes the center and guards into his lap ... and then when they hit him hit him hard. I don't see anyone on UW's schedule who has that kind of D line. Maybe Georgia. IDK.

But failing that kind of D line, UW just scores too many points and their D isn't crappy ... or at least not crappy enough to allow most teams the ability to stay with UW point for point.

Honestly I just don't see it. UW wins this one rather comfortably and may indeed be on their way to a natty. Who'd have thought a chandelier from Indiana with a funny name would be what elevated UW back to true glory. Yeah, I think fats is a good coach, but he will look much more like a mortal man when DMac is pushing the offense next year. Even Race won't live long enough to see another Penix come through here. He may be the very best passer UW has ever had. Talk me out of it.
    Flip that around? That's called Delusion or Imagination.
    You've played 1 Qb with more than a game of experience and he struggles with the forward pass. Played not one relevant DL and DB's that run a 4.7....UW will be lucky to put up 28. Don't worry UO is only gonna put up 52 and NIx has too much class to wag his finger as he waltz's into the endzone.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,237
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    @Baseman getting a record # of whooshes.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,328
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,541
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    41 - 27 Someone wins
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,992
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

chuck said:

People are throwing out oredictions in scattered threads. This makes it hard, for those so inclined, to bring them up later and mock people.

I think @haie week warrants it's own thread.

UO 49
    UW 28

The duck offense isn't one dimensional, has excellent running backs and a running QB. Franklin is good and there's plenty of speed all over the field. UW won't be able to slow down the offense let alone stop it. 49 is conservative.

Penix playing from behind seems to bring out careless plays and UW receivers have had tons of drops in critical situations. All Oregon will need is a couple of first quarter stops and the route will be on.

I'd honestly flip that around and peg it as UW 49, UO 28 or 31. UW is going to win this game, jinx or no jinx. Oregon is good, but nobody has the answers for UW's passing attack. I'm also convinced it will be gone with the wind when big penix leaves, so live it up now boys. QBs like this don't roll in with every recruiting cycle.

The only way I think a team beats UW is if they have a monolithic D line that just overwhelms every O line they play. I agree Oregon has improved their pass rush from what we? can tell, but not by enough. It has to be the kind of D line that is in Penix's face almost immediately after the snap ... the kind that pushes the center and guards into his lap ... and then when they hit him hit him hard. I don't see anyone on UW's schedule who has that kind of D line. Maybe Georgia. IDK.

But failing that kind of D line, UW just scores too many points and their D isn't crappy ... or at least not crappy enough to allow most teams the ability to stay with UW point for point.

Honestly I just don't see it. UW wins this one rather comfortably and may indeed be on their way to a natty. Who'd have thought a chandelier from Indiana with a funny name would be what elevated UW back to true glory. Yeah, I think fats is a good coach, but he will look much more like a mortal man when DMac is pushing the offense next year. Even Race won't live long enough to see another Penix come through here. He may be the very best passer UW has ever had. Talk me out of it.
    Flip that around? That's called Delusion or Imagination.
    You've played 1 Qb with more than a game of experience and he struggles with the forward pass. Played not one relevant DL and DB's that run a 4.7....UW will be lucky to put up 28. Don't worry UO is only gonna put up 52 and NIx has too much class to wag his finger as he waltz's into the endzone.
    That's called Delusion or Imagination.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,503
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    3-2 Ducks. Blo Dix with the hat trick. Innit bruv.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

Welcome back Princess. We didn't like the other bitch. kisses.
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,224
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    trublue said:

Canadawg said:

38-35 UW

WSU has been more exposed than UW. This weekend will tell more about UW's weaknesses on defense.

• Options
    Founders Club

I picked Oregon in the contest. I don't care enough to come up with a score.

I hate to say it but Oregon's a good bet getting 3. They could easily win by 14 points.
  • Options
    Founders Club

I don't even want to waste time on the score but I know Oregon's offense will never punt or commit a turnover. Nix might not have an incomplete pass.

I've seen the movie 10 times now where Oregon has a shitty defense but then is nails against Washington. The Husky offense probably struggles to score until the game is pretty much out of reach and Penix throws a couple picks. The offense and Penix have quietly sucked against any defense with even a hint of a pulse, which Oregon's has and this will be their first real road game, which is especially terrifying with their reliance on changing plays at the LOS.

I've officially given up. They have a HC who has 110% fake solar panel salesman vibes, a super autistic OC who has been shit everywhere going off, and a QB who was average for years in college football suddenly unstoppable. Also, quietly 75% of their players who actually make their plays are guys who were mid-level Pac-12 recruits, if not lower, with little NFL potential. It's best to just not care anymore.

I'd almost rather go back to the Pete USC years or the Chip Oregon/Prime Stanford years because I at least understood why they couldn't compete with those teams, even if UW is technically probably more competitive now.

No need to play the game. If we? had any honor we would just forfeit the NW Championship and call it a day.
    I want to say that’s SC's problem now but it probably wouldn't be true. No way the lesbian CEO lets them go maskless.