Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

2nd Annual Brandon Kaho Commemorative Collegiate Career Impact Forecast - Results

Comments

• EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,439
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Outside Jalen, Rome, and Rosengarten, that class has been a nightmare
  • QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,060
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Is Yary still alive?
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,556
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Is Yary still alive?

He’s on the bottom rung of the California homeless industrial complex.

He Ded.
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,230
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Is Yary still alive?

Check soft white underbelly on YouTube.
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,587
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Woof said:

Thank you to the 51 of you who completed the survey. Less dooging from last year, with an average ranking of 3.29, down from 3.63 for the 2019 class. The results are as follows in reverse rank order:

#23 Mason West with a score of 1.88 – Nobody seemed to like this guy except for @79smoothdawg who gave him a 4. 17 people gave him a 1. His ceiling seems to be Jacob Keizer without back problems.

#22 James Smith with a score of 2.10 – Ditto above, but 16 people gave him a 3 and only got 11 1s.

#21 Jaden Green with a score of 2.27 – Feels about right given his position, but he will be starting on day 1. Received 4 4s and 8 1s.

#20 Cooper McDonald with a score of 2.31 – Not much love for Cooper, but @Swaye and @KrunkJuice both gave him a 4.

#19 Triston Brown with a score of 2.45 – Beat out 3 field players, so I guess that's good. Also likely to start day 1, which is probably why he got 5 4s vs. only 4 1s.

#18 Samuel Peacock with a score of 2.57 – Scores all across the board, including 4s from @CallMeBigErn and @CFetters_Nacho_Lover and a 5 from @whlinder

#17 Elijah Jackson with a score of 2.71 – Again all across the board, including 1s from @Neighbor2972 @Baseman @Beno4Life and a 5 from @DawgsCanDance

#16 Carson Bruener with a score of 2.82 – Much tighter spread, with 14 2s, 32 3s, and 5 4s. Everyone seems to think he will be pretty solid, but not great.

#15 Jay'veon Sunday with a score of 2.84 – Barely beat Bruener for the spot. No 5s, but got 1s from @KrunkJuice and @EastCoastDoog

#14 Ethan Garbers with a score of 2.88 – Highest standard deviation of any player. 1s from @ttj @PawgDawg @PostGameOrangeSlices and @KrunkJuice while @guntlove gave him a 5. I rated him a 2 because I doubt he wins the QB job, but I actually think he's a good player. I suspect most everyone with lower scores is of a similar mindset.

#13 Sam Adams with a score of 3.02 – Pretty average for Adams here. @joeEDangerously and @ttj both gave him 1s.

#12 Sawyer Racanelli with a score of 3.37 – Big jump in scores here for Racanelli. Received 2s from 5 people and a 5 from @CallMeBigErn who must be a fellow Hockinson alum.

#11 Makell Esteen with a score of 3.41 – Almost all 3s and 4s for Esteen who had a good showing. Just 2s from @Houhusky @Ice_Holmvik and @picalogestabo and 5s from @Mad_Son and @CallMeBigErn

#10 Geirean Hatchett with a score of 3.57 – Another pretty big jump in the scoring here for Hatchett. 2s from myself and @Neighbor2972 but he also got 5s from @Quietcowskee @Doogles and @CFetters_Nacho_Lover

#9 Jacobe Covington with a score of 3.63 – A good score for Covington, who received 30 4s and 14 3s, with a few outlier 2s and 5s. He's the highest rated member of the secondary.

#8 Jack Yary with a score of 3.76 – Not 100% locked in for the class, which might be why he got 5 2s, but also received 8 5s. Kaho-ing him from USC in July is a power move by Cato if it comes to fruition.

#7 Sav'ell Smalls with a score of 4.08 – A bit of a shocker that Smalls is 7th in this class, but his score denotes a 1st team all Pac-12 type player on my personal rating scale. He missed out on the tie for 5th place because @joeEDangerously gave him a 2 for some reason.

#5 TIE Gaard Memmelaar and Roger Rosengarten with a score of 4.12 – Huff with 3 of the top 6 players shows how great of a class he pulled in. They each received the exact same number of scores. 7 3s, 32 4s, and 12 5s apiece.

#4 Rome Odunze with a score of 4.14 – With respect, Odunze is going to be a monster. Nobody screwed this up, which is good.

#3 Mark Redman with a score of 4.27 – Lots of love for Redman. 3s from @Neighbor2972 and @79smoothdawg were his lowest scores.

#1 TIE Jalen McMillan and Myles Murao with a score of 4.67 – Crown jewels of the class and the highest scores in the 2 year history of this. Jalen's lowest score was a 4, but @DeepDawg must have been high on something when he gave Murao a 3.

First player to leave:
    Jay'veon Sunday – 21%
    Sam Adams – 21%
    Ethan Garbers – 13%
    James Smith – 13%
    Mason West - 11%
    Jack Yary - 11%
    Other receiving votes - Smalls, Odunze, Covington

Most overrated:
    Sav'ell Smalls – 48%
    Sam Adams – 18%
    Ethan Garbers – 15%
    Geirean Hatchett – 8%
    Mason West - 11%
    Jack Yary - 11%
    Other receiving votes - McDonald, Smith, McMillan, and Green - @CallMeBigErn how can a long snapper be overrated?

Most underrated:
    Gaard Memmelaar – 29%
    Sawyer Racanelli – 17%
    Mark Redman – 13%
    Rome Odunze – 10%
    Jay'veon Sunday - 10%
    Other receiving votes - Esteen, Bruener, Jackson, Murao, Covington

At least 6 of the 23 in this class are already gone.
    I think I just counted nine who are gone but I could be wrong about one or two.:

The first 4, or the four lowest rated, are gone.
    Garbers
    Racanelli
    Yary
    Redman
    Covington
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,708
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    chuck said:

Woof said:

Thank you to the 51 of you who completed the survey. Less dooging from last year, with an average ranking of 3.29, down from 3.63 for the 2019 class. The results are as follows in reverse rank order:

#23 Mason West with a score of 1.88 – Nobody seemed to like this guy except for @79smoothdawg who gave him a 4. 17 people gave him a 1. His ceiling seems to be Jacob Keizer without back problems.

#22 James Smith with a score of 2.10 – Ditto above, but 16 people gave him a 3 and only got 11 1s.

#21 Jaden Green with a score of 2.27 – Feels about right given his position, but he will be starting on day 1. Received 4 4s and 8 1s.

#20 Cooper McDonald with a score of 2.31 – Not much love for Cooper, but @Swaye and @KrunkJuice both gave him a 4.

#19 Triston Brown with a score of 2.45 – Beat out 3 field players, so I guess that's good. Also likely to start day 1, which is probably why he got 5 4s vs. only 4 1s.

#18 Samuel Peacock with a score of 2.57 – Scores all across the board, including 4s from @CallMeBigErn and @CFetters_Nacho_Lover and a 5 from @whlinder

#17 Elijah Jackson with a score of 2.71 – Again all across the board, including 1s from @Neighbor2972 @Baseman @Beno4Life and a 5 from @DawgsCanDance

#16 Carson Bruener with a score of 2.82 – Much tighter spread, with 14 2s, 32 3s, and 5 4s. Everyone seems to think he will be pretty solid, but not great.

#15 Jay'veon Sunday with a score of 2.84 – Barely beat Bruener for the spot. No 5s, but got 1s from @KrunkJuice and @EastCoastDoog

#14 Ethan Garbers with a score of 2.88 – Highest standard deviation of any player. 1s from @ttj @PawgDawg @PostGameOrangeSlices and @KrunkJuice while @guntlove gave him a 5. I rated him a 2 because I doubt he wins the QB job, but I actually think he's a good player. I suspect most everyone with lower scores is of a similar mindset.

#13 Sam Adams with a score of 3.02 – Pretty average for Adams here. @joeEDangerously and @ttj both gave him 1s.

#12 Sawyer Racanelli with a score of 3.37 – Big jump in scores here for Racanelli. Received 2s from 5 people and a 5 from @CallMeBigErn who must be a fellow Hockinson alum.

#11 Makell Esteen with a score of 3.41 – Almost all 3s and 4s for Esteen who had a good showing. Just 2s from @Houhusky @Ice_Holmvik and @picalogestabo and 5s from @Mad_Son and @CallMeBigErn

#10 Geirean Hatchett with a score of 3.57 – Another pretty big jump in the scoring here for Hatchett. 2s from myself and @Neighbor2972 but he also got 5s from @Quietcowskee @Doogles and @CFetters_Nacho_Lover

#9 Jacobe Covington with a score of 3.63 – A good score for Covington, who received 30 4s and 14 3s, with a few outlier 2s and 5s. He's the highest rated member of the secondary.

#8 Jack Yary with a score of 3.76 – Not 100% locked in for the class, which might be why he got 5 2s, but also received 8 5s. Kaho-ing him from USC in July is a power move by Cato if it comes to fruition.

#7 Sav'ell Smalls with a score of 4.08 – A bit of a shocker that Smalls is 7th in this class, but his score denotes a 1st team all Pac-12 type player on my personal rating scale. He missed out on the tie for 5th place because @joeEDangerously gave him a 2 for some reason.

#5 TIE Gaard Memmelaar and Roger Rosengarten with a score of 4.12 – Huff with 3 of the top 6 players shows how great of a class he pulled in. They each received the exact same number of scores. 7 3s, 32 4s, and 12 5s apiece.

#4 Rome Odunze with a score of 4.14 – With respect, Odunze is going to be a monster. Nobody screwed this up, which is good.

#3 Mark Redman with a score of 4.27 – Lots of love for Redman. 3s from @Neighbor2972 and @79smoothdawg were his lowest scores.

#1 TIE Jalen McMillan and Myles Murao with a score of 4.67 – Crown jewels of the class and the highest scores in the 2 year history of this. Jalen's lowest score was a 4, but @DeepDawg must have been high on something when he gave Murao a 3.

First player to leave:
    Jay'veon Sunday – 21%
    Sam Adams – 21%
    Ethan Garbers – 13%
    James Smith – 13%
    Mason West - 11%
    Jack Yary - 11%

Most overrated:
    Sav'ell Smalls – 48%
    Sam Adams – 18%
    Ethan Garbers – 15%
    Geirean Hatchett – 8%
    Mason West - 11%
    Jack Yary - 11%
    Other receiving votes - McDonald, Smith, McMillan, and Green - @CallMeBigErn how can a long snapper be overrated?

Most underrated:
    Gaard Memmelaar – 29%
    Sawyer Racanelli – 17%
    Mark Redman – 13%
    Rome Odunze – 10%
    Jay'veon Sunday - 10%

I think I just counted nine who are gone but I could be wrong about one or two.:

Garbers
    Racanelli
    Yary
    Redman
    Covington
    I had no idea about West, Green or Smith and didn’t count them.

The 5 you name plus the 3 I just named plus I think counted Sunday but could be wrong and he’s still here and I think I counted Brown as being gone.
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

Woof said:

First player to leave:
    Jay'veon Sunday – 21%
    Sam Adams – 21%
    Ethan Garbers – 13%
    James Smith – 13%
    Mason West - 11%
    Jack Yary - 11%

Most overrated:
    Sav'ell Smalls – 48%
    Sam Adams – 18%
    Ethan Garbers – 15%
    Geirean Hatchett – 8%
    Mason West - 11%
    Jack Yary - 11%

Most underrated:
    Gaard Memmelaar – 29%
    Sawyer Racanelli – 17%
    Mark Redman – 13%
    Rome Odunze – 10%
    Jay'veon Sunday - 10%

Garbers
    Racanelli
    Yary
    Redman
    Covington
    I had no idea about West, Green or Smith and didn’t count them.

The 5 you name plus the 3 I just named plus I think counted Sunday but could be wrong and he’s still here and I think I counted Brown as being gone.
    Truth is that I don't remember any of those guys leaving. I just think they did.

Sunday hasn't transferred yet, but I think he's a good candidate to portal in May.
  • FireTheJanitorFireTheJanitor Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,483
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment First Anniversary
    Founders Club

Is Yary still alive?

I wouldn’t know who else to ask other than @trublue? TruNecro any sightings of Yary in the crypt?
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,958
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

I thought Racanelli would be good. He didnt even have any stats for Montana this year

He is playing the wrong position.
  • EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,439
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

I thought Racanelli would be good. He didnt even have any stats for Montana this year

Is he still trying to be the next Wes Welker?
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,958
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Is he still trying to be the next Wes Welker?
    Yes except he is big and has a lack of quickness. But they are both film room junkies.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,428
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

He tore his ACL and didn’t play.
    Sawyer Racanelli superiority guy. Every board has one.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

He tore his ACL and didn’t play.
    2nd ACL tear right? Bummer
  • JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,058
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Woof said:

First player to leave:
    Jay'veon Sunday – 21%
    Sam Adams – 21%
    Ethan Garbers – 13%
    James Smith – 13%
    Mason West - 11%
    Jack Yary - 11%

Most overrated:
    Sav'ell Smalls – 48%
    Sam Adams – 18%
    Ethan Garbers – 15%
    Geirean Hatchett – 8%
    Mason West - 11%
    Jack Yary - 11%

Most underrated:
    Gaard Memmelaar – 29%
    Sawyer Racanelli – 17%
    Mark Redman – 13%
    Rome Odunze – 10%
    Jay'veon Sunday - 10%

@PurpleBaze
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,394
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    What a lousy class.
  • PenacePenace Member Posts: 494
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Kinda off topic and deserves its own thread but Reggie Williams and Charles Frederick or Rome and Jalen?
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Penace said:

Kinda off topic and deserves its own thread but Reggie Williams and Charles Frederick or Rome and Jalen?

Rome and Jalen. McMillan has enough on Frederick to more than make up for the gap between Odunze and Williams..