Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

PM to Santa DeBoer

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,966
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
We need a WAR DADDY in the middle of the defense

Comments

• Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,568
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I think Tuli is a war daddy. He’s good. The DLine and Edge was pretty good this year. UW needs a LB and a DB. The transfer LB the Cougs got from Nevada would have made a huge difference on the defense this year. He was really good. Find a dude like that. I’m hoping Evan Williams from Fresno enters the portal for his extra covid year instead of returning to Fresno or going pro. 2X all MWC safety. He’d be the best player in UWs back end the minute he steps into Husky Stadium and has experience running whatever UWs scheme is.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,979
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

I think Tuli is a war daddy. He’s good. The DLine and Edge was pretty good this year. UW needs a LB and a DB. The transfer LB the Cougs got from Nevada would have made a huge difference on the defense this year. He was really good. Find a dude like that. I’m hoping Evan Williams from Fresno enters the portal for his extra covid year instead of returning to Fresno or going pro. 2X all MWC safety. He’d be the best player in UWs back end the minute he steps into Husky Stadium and has experience running whatever UWs scheme is.

We need 3-5 db’s.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,966
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

If he was a War Daddy then he'd be first team All-American
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,464
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Or at least a War Child like BBK?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

We need 3-5 db’s.
    I agree. I just don’t think DeBoer is gonna suddenly senior guys. I’d take a defensive QB in Williams and cross my fingers on the rest of the DBs.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Vita wasn’t a first team All-American. He was P12 DPOY. I think getting Tuli back was huge. He’s dang good and better than anyone UW could realistically get through the portal. Jayvon Parker flashed as well and he wasn’t even the brother that P5 teams had interest in. He was the throw in. I’m bullish on the defensive line for next year.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,613
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I agree with Derek if he means an inside linebacker. Not that another good DT would be a bad thing.

I know the defensive backfield needs an infusion of talent. I'm not that encouraged that it's coming, at least not the 3-4 ready starters everyone hoped for. I don't think the inside linebackers are good enough to rest on though

The way I remember it, a lot of portalling happens in the spring when everyone gets a chance to see where they stand on the depth chart. UW will have several more portal out then. Quite a few guys will still come and go, I think.
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,126
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    A tub of goo? As Softy would say.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

I agree with Derek if he means an inside linebacker. Not that another good DT would be a bad thing.

I know the defensive backfield needs an infusion of talent. I'm not that encouraged that it's coming, at least not the 3-4 ready starters everyone hoped for. I don't think the inside linebackers are good enough to rest on though

The way I remember it, a lot of portalling happens in the spring when everyone gets a chance to see where they stand on the depth chart. UW will have several more portal out then. Quite a few guys will still come and go, I think.

Kids are in a 45 day window to enter the portal right now. Is there another window in the spring or do they have to sit if the portal out at that time?
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,979
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

We need 3-5 db’s.
    I agree. I just don’t think DeBoer is gonna suddenly senior guys. I’d take a defensive QB in Williams and cross my fingers on the rest of the DBs.
    I think we are going to end up playing a lot of freshmen at safety and corner again. I have less faith in the coaching in the secondary than I do the talent. That’s not saying much though. Tallest midget it is.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

Kids are in a 45 day window to enter the portal right now. Is there another window in the spring or do they have to sit if the portal out at that time?
    Hell maybe I'm wrong. I think there's a shorter window in May though.
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

We need 3-5 db’s.
    I think we are going to end up playing a lot of freshmen at safety and corner again. I have less faith in the coaching in the secondary than I do the talent. That’s not saying much though. Tallest midget it is.
    I agree. I'm not thrilled with the coaching. I can't believe a guy like Kam Fab was getting that much playing time over guys like Esteen or Jackson or even Williams. I still don't get how Cam Williams was passed up by Fabiculanan. He was the shits out there. Almost seemed like favorites were being played
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

We need 3-5 db’s.
    I agree. I'm not thrilled with the coaching. I can't believe a guy like Kam Fab was getting that much playing time over guys like Esteen or Jackson or even Williams. I still don't get how Cam Williams was passed up by Fabiculanan. He was the shits out there. Almost seemed like favorites were being played
    Kam Fab fooled the previous staff too, until he got out there in games.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

We need 3-5 db’s.
    Kam Fab fooled the previous staff too, until he got out there in games.
    Esteen and Jackson were hurt off and on throughout the year. They’d play a little, flash a bit and then get dinged up. The best ability is availability. Wouldn’t surprise me if Esteen gets run in the bowl game, assuming he doesn’t get hurt in practice leading up.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,520
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    I remember seeing that hit and thinking, "I wish UW's D had a guy like that." Viola, DeBoer made it happen. GOAT.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,535
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Tuli, Ale, and friends are more than good enough. A healthy Ulo and LB crew is actually really solid.

It's corner and safety. That's really it. If Hampton, Turner, and Kam Fab figure it out, and we get better play at corner, this team could legitimately go undefeated despite the hard schedule