Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Huskies Receive Commitment From 4-Star Bay Area Receiver

Comments

• CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,702
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,604
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    chuck said:

I don't think I had looked before. Amazing highlights this guy has. He's skinny but looks faster and more explosive than McMillan and Odunze. Extremely fast. If he's really pushing 6'3" and can catch then wow. At least *we have some good receivers.

Yeah, I didn’t watch till yesterday. He’s really explosive, like track fast. I’m not saying he’s John Ross but he’s the only wr uw has got who is close, imo.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,956
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    chuck said:

I don't think I had looked before. Amazing highlights this guy has. He's skinny but looks faster and more explosive than McMillan and Odunze. Extremely fast. If he's really pushing 6'3" and can catch then wow. At least *we have some good receivers.

He makes people miss and gets a lot of yess after catch. Most of his highlights when I watched were short throws he turned into big plays. Didn’t see a lot of catches in traffic but we will see that soon.
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,512
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter

chuck said:

He makes people miss and gets a lot of yess after catch. Most of his highlights when I watched were short throws he turned into big plays. Didn’t see a lot of catches in traffic but we will see that soon.
    Nice to have a future deep threat. It really keeps the field stretched which is helpful for the other X WR, slot, TE, and RBs out of the backfield.
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,555
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    He’s a mix of Odunze and McMillan. His film looks like Jmacs did only this kid is taller and like McMillan needs a little weight before he’s a regular contributor. Him, Bernard and Polk will be a good 1-2-3 punch moving forward. Great weapons to hopefully attract a transfer QB next year.
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,512
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter

He’s a mix of Odunze and McMillan. His film looks like Jmacs did only this kid is taller and like McMillan needs a little weight before he’s a regular contributor. Him, Bernard and Polk will be a good 1-2-3 punch moving forward. Great weapons to hopefully attract a transfer QB next year.

He definitely reminds me of McMillan. Don't forget Rashid Williams! I would love for one of Rome or McMillan to stay for 2023. McMillan would improve his draft stock more with a very consistent (and bigger) season as the true #1 guy.
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited December 2022
    HFNY said:

He definitely reminds me of McMillan. Don't forget Rashid Williams! I would love for one of Rome or McMillan to stay for 2023. McMillan would improve his draft stock more with a very consistent (and bigger) season as the true #1 guy.
    I’ve said this before even before BPE gave another year. Theirs is no way in hell he would come back and risk his status if those two receivers didn’t give the same commitment. All three are.trying to level up which they will. They came to this decision together, and yes I know things change…but still

Also back on topic, rumblings of a soft
    Commitment from Lyons and he really wants to be in California. Verbal interview
    Swaye's Wigwam

HFNY said:

I’ve said this before even before BPE gave another year. Theirs is no way in hell he would come back and risk his status if those two receivers didn’t give the same commitment. All three are.trying to level up which they will. They came to this decision together, and yes I know things change…but still

Where are these rumblings coming from? Signing day is in a week. Lyons made the rounds, Notre Dame, Miami and Oregon and circled all the way back to UW. Seems like he did his due diligence. Further, his top four were all outside Cali. Why get homesick now? Seems off.
    Swaye's Wigwam

HFNY said:

Where are these rumblings coming from? Signing day is in a week. Lyons made the rounds, Notre Dame, Miami and Oregon and circled all the way back to UW. Seems like he did his due diligence. Further, his top four were all outside Cali. Why get homesick now? Seems off.
    Unless I'm being whooshed. In that case, well done sir.
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729

HFNY said:

Interview he did, not hard to find
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,702
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

HFNY said:

Interview he did, not hard to find
    If it’s not hard to find, why not poast a link?
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

HFNY said:

He’s not signing until February so right now that commitment is soft as it gets. If we can get him to sign next week it would help a lot.