Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Coach Prime to the Colorado Buffaloes?!

Comments

• whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,239
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter

Doogles said:

I watched the introduction meeting video of Coach “Prime” and want to take back what I said in another thread about him being Herm 2.0.

While his constant “I’m Comin’” mantra was a little cheesy, the fact that he said he was clearing out all the dead wood right out of the gate was impressive. I’ve never heard a coach say something like that.

I hope he does well. I’m sure he’ll bolt for a flashier job should he have any success, but hopefully my Buffs will be entertained in the meantime.

Agree, it was cheesy but he set the tone. A coach with that type of ego and direct aggression is going to demand alphas only, and you could feel how soft that room was.
    They were all scared out of their minds. They could barely think of a few questions to ask of their new HC and the floor was totally open.
    I mean, looking at that video and looking at the players in the room, it's a miracle they won a game.
    That is not what a P5 team should look like.
  • BuffBuffPassBuffBuffPass Member Posts: 322
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Coach Prime is bringing in some serious coaching talent to CU. We just got Sean Lewis, Kent State's HC who was a hot commodity early in the cycle, as our OC.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,680
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Once upon a time Zimmer was DC for the coogs

That's a good hire regardless
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,696
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

From his 27-5 record at JSU, the dude literally has two wins against non-HBCU schools. One-score wins against Delta State (who?) in 2021, a team that finished 5-6, and Campbell (who?) this year, which also finished 5-6.

Coach Prime should probably beat up on more than underfunded HBCUs before we crown his ass.

But he’s coaching a HBCU school. That’s the level he’s at. Eddie Robinson didn’t beat Bama either.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Coach Prime should beat up on more than underfunded HBCUs

From his 27-5 record at JSU, the dude literally has two wins against non-HBCU schools. One-score wins against Delta State (who?) in 2021, a team that finished 5-6, and Campbell (who?) this year, which also finished 5-6.

Coach Prime should probably beat up on more than underfunded HBCUs before we crown his ass.

But he’s coaching a HBCU school. That’s the level he’s at. Eddie Robinson didn’t beat Bama either.
    An HBCU that vastly out recruits their competition and is insulated from the entirety of the rest of the FCS. SWAC teams won't even go to the playoffs, they just won't.

Let's see how Prime does when the obscene talent advantage evaporates.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,280
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I watched the introduction meeting video of Coach “Prime” and want to take back what I said in another thread about him being Herm 2.0.

While his constant “I’m Comin’” mantra was a little cheesy, the fact that he said he was clearing out all the dead wood right out of the gate was impressive. I’ve never heard a coach say something like that.

I hope he does well. I’m sure he’ll bolt for a flashier job should he have any success, but hopefully my Buffs will be entertained in the meantime.

And he was sent there by God!
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,379
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

DeBoer is 90% plus in NAIA

Didn't beat Bama either

Winners win

Jackson State had a run of 21-40 the seven seasons prior to Prime showing up. Year three he's about to win the HBCU natty. Best winning percentage in the school's history. Seems like a winner to me.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,696
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

An HBCU that vastly out recruits their competition and is insulated from the entirety of the rest of the FCS. SWAC teams won't even go to the playoffs, they just won't.

And ...???????????????? Why do you think that is?

I'm always amazed when people get criticized for being successful.

If you think you can extrapolate his relative talent advantage at Jackson State to a P5 program then go ahead and make the case.

I'm personally skeptical. It's one thing to cash-in on your name recognition and out-recruit the underfunded dinosaurs at Grambling and Alcorn State, and it's another thing entirely to do that against a major college football program with endless coffers of fuck-you money to throw around. People like to bring up Deboer running train on the NAIA when he was at Sioux Falls because "winners win". But Deboer also had to cut his teeth at numerous assistant coaching pitstops and a mid major gig before a P5 program even considered ringing his phone. Prime has skipped a few steps because he's Prime, and Colorado is desperate.

So all that's to say that this Prime hype train is out of control and eager for an epic derailment. And I'm a simple man, so I simply bet against sizzle when I see it. That strategy hasn't let me down yet.

If you think you can extrapolate his relative talent advantage at Jackson State to a P5 program then go ahead and make the case.

I'm personally skeptical. It's one thing to cash-in on your name recognition and out-recruit the underfunded dinosaurs at Grambling and Alcorn State, and it's another thing entirely to do that against a major college football program with endless coffers of fuck-you money to throw around. People like to bring up Deboer running train on the NAIA when he was at Sioux Falls because "winners win". But Deboer also had to cut his teeth at numerous assistant coaching pitstops and a mid major gig before a P5 program even considered ringing his phone. Prime has skipped a few steps because he's Prime, and Colorado is desperate.

So all that's to say that this Prime hype train is out of control and eager for an epic derailment. And I'm a simple man, so I simply bet against sizzle when I see it. That strategy hasn't let me down yet.
    What would you set the Buffs o/u on regular season wins at for next year?

5 wins

5 wins
    I’ll take over 5.5 for 10k if you’re interested in backing up your talk.

5 wins
    I’ll take over 5.5 for 10k if you’re interested in backing up your talk.
    Sounds like a serious offer. But I'll keep my 10k and continue talking shit for free.