Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Either way it will be interesting for Junior Adams

bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,894
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Standard Supporter
If Dilly leaves for ASU (which seems very likely at this point), Lanning can either give Junior the OC job he's in line for or hire over him.

The former leaves you with a shitty OC. The latter leaves you with a malcontent WR coach who could be poached by Dilly by offering a ceremonial OC job.

Either way it will be interesting

Comments

• Options
    LongDukDongLongDukDong Member Posts: 1,208
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    He gone either way
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

If Dilly leaves for ASU (which seems very likely at this point), Lanning can either give Junior the OC job he's in line for or hire over him.

The former leaves you with a shitty OC. The latter leaves you with a malcontent WR coach who could be poached by Dilly by offering a ceremonial OC job.

Sounds like Oregon football is dead again, again.
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Dilly is just “get the coffee” guy. He never called a play before this year. Just what we’ve been told here. Someone needs to get ASU the scouting report.
  • Options
    I think you’d probably want to be the next guy at ASU not the very next guy. Bad job right now.
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,547
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    There’s no way he doesn’t take the job if offered. It just makes too much sense. He’ll get two years to throw away due to sanctions and if he ever wins 9 there, they’ll name the field after him.

His wife whom he met at ASU is from Scottsdale along with her whole family.

You don’t turn down 4.5MM per year at age 32 from your alma mater to stay the OC at Oregon for less than half that.

No Income tax in AZ.

He gone.
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    thechatch said:

There’s no way he doesn’t take the job if offered. It just makes too much sense. He’ll get two years to throw away due to sanctions and if he ever wins 9 there, they’ll name the field after him.

His wife whom he met at ASU is from Scottsdale along with her whole family.

You don’t turn down 4.5MM per year at age 32 from your alma mater to stay the OC at Oregon for less than half that.

No Income tax in AZ.

He gone.

Of course he’ll take it if offered. He’d take the Nebraska job if offered. Probably even Buffalo.
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    ASU is a coach killer job.

Since 2000: Koetter, Erickson. Graham and Edwards. All were successful HC and none were able to awake the sleeping giant we’ve all heard about for years. It’s not a coaching problem.

The last 6 have had less than a .600 winning percentage. J. Cooper was the last successful SD HC.

Dilly should take it but he’s gone in 5,5 years. And a multimillionaire.

AD should be all in on Primetime but he knows it’s a dead end job.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Is the latter really a problem though? The Ducks were assured, here, that Adams was, at best, overrated when he signed with the Ducks.
  • Options

Is the latter really a problem though? The Ducks were assured, here, that Adams was, at best, overrated when he signed with the Ducks.
    He’s terrible. Can’t coach a lick or recruit. Just compare how good Franklin looked last year to this year.

And that 24’ 4* WR he just pulled from PA that was down to tOSU, PSU and UO proves it.
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,547
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I’d be very surprised if Adams was the OC. He’s been great as a position coach, though.
  • Options
    ASU fans pretty sure it’s Dilly. Talk of Frost OC and Lake DC. Can’t believe that would be the case. Frost hates to recruit and Lake didn’t light the world on fire. Coaching wise and experience yes.
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,478
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'll admit I was really wrong on Dilly. I thought he was an absolute joke at Florida State and came off as a limited edition level weirdo in interviews, but I'm guessing he had no leash at Oregon and knows how to call an offense. I actually think this is a good hire by ASU and a job he has to take.

Giving Junior Adams the OC job would be amazing, though I constantly think stuff Oregon does are terrible moves and they always seem to work out so why not?