Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Humidor/Cigar Update

Comments

• Options
    DHDDHD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,407
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Founders Club
    Another recommendation:

Mi Querida Triqui Traca 764 (far right in the picture below).

This is the biggest cigar that I consider smoking on a regular basis. It's outstanding, but it's a meal. 7x64 and a solid 2+ hours. Great for watching a baseball game from start to finish.

It's a Dunbarton/Saka product, so quality is outstanding, and the flavor is wonderful. Has a little bit of sweetness to it, at least at the start, and even though it's a long smoke, I never found myself getting tired of it or feeling like the flavor was too "one note".

• Options
    dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,262
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Thanks for those of you who have chinned in, I am still learning the cigar game. Was in Missoula a few weeks ago and grabbed a handful of sticks from a nice little shop. Half will probably be garbage and hopefully a couple will be good. I smoked a Carillo Pledge last year and loved it, tried one from the smoke shop and it was meh, what gives? They didn't seem too dried out...I dunno, it's been a couple weeks and I'm ready to light one off
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,200
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Now that I'm BACK in Worshington my cigar phase is struggling
  • Options
    Imagine it being too cold to smoke a cigar
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,882
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dannarc said:

28 is pretty fucking cold to smoke a cigar. I got up to 47 yesterday and I lit up a Pledge Prequel. It was nice and oily and didn’t suck at all.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,747
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

dannarc said:

28 is pretty fucking cold to smoke a cigar. I got up to 47 yesterday and I lit up a Pledge Prequel. It was nice and oily and didn’t suck at all.
    Propane heater in garage w/door open about 1 foot should work just fine.

Scenery<<<<<Smoking Experience.
  • Options
    DHDDHD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,407
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Founders Club

Another recommendation: My favorite "short" smoke from the summer and now working its way into my winter rotation.

Oliva Serie V Melania Nub 460

Box pressed and absolutely consistent every time. I'm not a big Oliva fan, but the Serie V Melania are a solid stick and the Nub version (4x60) is an extremely good smoke. Great flavor, big smoke output and very smooth. Now that my smoking time has shortened due to the weather, this has become a good go-to.

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    DHD said:

Another recommendation: My favorite "short" smoke from the summer and now working its way into my winter rotation.

Oliva Serie V Melania Nub 460

Box pressed and absolutely consistent every time. I'm not a big Oliva fan, but the Serie V Melania are a solid stick and the Nub version (4x60) is an extremely good smoke. Great flavor, big smoke output and very smooth. Now that my smoking time has shortened due to the weather, this has become a good go-to.

Always like short smoke recommendations in winter. I huddle around a heater and suffer.
  • Options
    It's been as cold as a well diggers ass where I'm at. Went outside last week and threw an armload of wood in the outdoor fire pit, torched it off, waited about 30min until the mix of Doug Fir, Locust, and Apple wood was properly ignited and throwing some good heat, grabbed a lawn chair and kicked back smoking one of my last C. Pledge's. Just as I lit up it started lightly snowing, neighbors probably thought I was losing it. That fatty took over an hour to smoke, I stood up and about fell over, I was buzzed as shit from one cigar. Had a hangover gut ache that night. Maybe that's why @YellowSnow doesn't smoke when it's cold out? At hunting camp we smoke cigars in a 20'wall tent with very little ventilation, and it's almost impossible to see across the tent with all the smoke, never bothered me.

Anybody have any sites offering decent prices on some sticks now?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dannarc said:

It's been as cold as a well diggers ass where I'm at. Went outside last week and threw an armload of wood in the outdoor fire pit, torched it off, waited about 30min until the mix of Doug Fir, Locust, and Apple wood was properly ignited and throwing some good heat, grabbed a lawn chair and kicked back smoking one of my last C. Pledge's. Just as I lit up it started lightly snowing, neighbors probably thought I was losing it. That fatty took over an hour to smoke, I stood up and about fell over, I was buzzed as shit from one cigar. Had a hangover gut ache that night. Maybe that's why @YellowSnow doesn't smoke when it's cold out? At hunting camp we smoke cigars in a 20'wall tent with very little ventilation, and it's almost impossible to see across the tent with all the smoke, never bothered me.

Anybody have any sites offering decent prices on some sticks now?

Hey @dannarc I had a Pledge Prequel on Saturday with a high of 28 and the sun was going down. Doable in full sun, but in some shade I was getting frost bite on my finger tips. I sexted @Swaye the pic and he could see the snow on the ground.

I'm a www.foxcigar.com guy. Need to put in an order ASAP as my hunter/gatherer 25 stick humidor is about empty.
  • Options
    Yup, it's tim, I have 4 sticks left
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

dannarc said:

Me and Dan getting ready to order cigars...

@Swaye ordering cigars

I laffed and laffed.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

dannarc said:

Me and Dan getting ready to order cigars...

@Swaye ordering cigars

I laffed and laffed.
    It’s funny cause you live in Old Virginia