Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Taki

Comments

• TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,264
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,711
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Seriously what a fucking clown. I don't even know which layer to start with shitting on this quote. I'll go with isn't what he is insinuating a violation? The run of the mill college football players were never getting a raw deal. It was always the guys who otherwise would have had their jerseys sell and been bankable with their Name, Image, and Likeness. Not this guy who has basically been one of those practice block sleds for five years now.

Also, this isn't the flex that little chud who put this on Twitter thinks it is.

This is the key takeaway to this thread
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,398
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Seriously what a fucking clown. I don't even know which layer to start with shitting on this quote. I'll go with isn't what he is insinuating a violation? The run of the mill college football players were never getting a raw deal. It was always the guys who otherwise would have had their jerseys sell and been bankable with their Name, Image, and Likeness. Not this guy who has basically been one of those practice block sleds for five years now.

Also, this isn't the flex that little chud who put this on Twitter thinks it is.

Man, that guy pops up in my Twitter feed even though I don't follow him. He's like Fetters, Kim, Softy, Leatherface and your least favorite person from high school all rolled into constant Duck fellating, passive aggressive little fuck.
    Founders Club

I don't see a problem. Despite the doom and gloom that we? are famous for here it looks to me like the Big Gal is more serious about football than any AD since Lude. Low bar to be sure but she made a smart move on our fat coach and NIL is up and running

Probably better to be a bit low key about the details IMO

Oregon did not implode like Texas A&M like I hoped but the locker room remains a tricky place when you have millionaires next to Door Dash drivers. That needs to be sorted out at any school

It's possible the UW buy a savings bond approach is a smoke screen for straight cash homie like the rest. We'll see how recruiting does

AS a bidnessman myself I'd rather pay for proven performance through the portal than high school high guys

Excellent points. It would BEHOOVE Jen to allow the fan base to donate to strictly football, and then have a Fundraiser B which is other sports. This would vastly increase donations to football (the cash cow) and you'd still have your bleeding hearts who would give generously to the other sports.
    I looked into that Montlake Futures donation thing and if you donate, you can select football as an option. I couldn’t tell if you can direct donations to specific players though.
    if that's literal then that's great. I had assumed the worst by the way she speaks
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,708
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

I don't see a problem. Despite the doom and gloom that we? are famous for here it looks to me like the Big Gal is more serious about football than any AD since Lude. Low bar to be sure but she made a smart move on our fat coach and NIL is up and running

Oregon did not implode like Texas A&M like I hoped but the locker room remains a tricky place when you have millionaires next to Door Dash drivers. That needs to be sorted out at any school

It's possible the UW buy a savings bond approach is a smoke screen for straight cash homie like the rest. We'll see how recruiting does

AS a bidnessman myself I'd rather pay for proven performance through the portal than high school high guys

Excellent points. It would BEHOOVE Jen to allow the fan base to donate to strictly football, and then have a Fundraiser B which is other sports. This would vastly increase donations to football (the cash cow) and you'd still have your bleeding hearts who would give generously to the other sports.
    I looked into that Montlake Futures donation thing and if you donate, you can select football as an option. I couldn’t tell if you can direct donations to specific players though.
    if that's literal then that's great. I had assumed the worst by the way she speaks
    Same here. I was surprised when I looked.
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,398
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Man, that guy pops up in my Twitter feed even though I don't follow him. He's like Fetters, Kim, Softy, Leatherface and your least favorite person from high school all rolled into constant Duck fellating, passive aggressive little fuck.
    The LPT and Softy are annoying as hell. However, they have been doing their jobs for a long time and deserve the faintest amount of praise for conducting themselves in slightly professional manners at certain times.

That Prehm guy is on a whole other level of shit. As, I think, @JoeEDangerously put it, the guy is a legit internet troll who somehow runs the Duck 247 site.
    I don't remember him saying that but again, I always laugh when I see these relentless Oregon trolls with grainy profile photos and they work for supposedly real media outlets and all they do is post fanboying Oregon fluff.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,735
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited November 2022

Sounds like somebody wants their home raided by the FBI.

He who tells the truth about the unfair dishonest scam Title 9 is in reality is bordering on domestic terrorism.
    Founders Club

Same here. I was surprised when I looked.
    I should have looked into it myself further before commenting on it publicly.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,350
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Can't figure out how Oregon became such a soft program.